Finding people or clubs

Thought I'd start this thread as a place for finding people or clubs when the usual Internet-based resources have failed to produce the desired result.
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Dandenong Chess Club

To kick things off, I am looking for details about Dandenong Chess Club (VIC). My searches for a website for them using Google turned up a number of links that are all defunct. Do they have a current website?

EDIT: Found them at last ... several search engines later ... www.dandychess.org.au
    Last edited by Spiny Norman; 19-01-2006 at 08:37 AM.
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Hi all...I need to get in touch with Eugene Schon's mom fairly quickly. Anyone know her contact details? I think she has an ID here but I forgot it and not sure if she still frequents this site.

Cheers,

AR

CC International Master WhiteElephant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Hi all...I need to get in touch with Eugene Schon's mom fairly quickly. Anyone know her contact details? I think she has an ID here but I forgot it and not sure if she still frequents this site.

Cheers,

AR
    Her login ID is klyall (and her name is Kerry Lyall). I sometimes see her on here - send her a PM and she should read it fairly qickly.

Banned Hydra

Lucius Endzelins

Does anyone know what happened to Lucius Endzelins?

Quote Originally Posted by arosar

Cheers,

AR
    she does - it is klyall. I have to admit a teensy bit of suspicion of your motives...

You're a bit late. It was for that CB report. I was going to get a profile of Eugene. Kerry did get back to me but it was too late.

AR

enless supply at the mental asylum,enless but maybe they got enough problems to be intoduced to chess

Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar

Earth calling the Black Kettle!

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1972
    enless supply at the mental asylum,enless but maybe they got enough problems to be intoduced to chess
    bobby you seem familiar with the chess- mental illness nexus, i would be interested to hear how/if chess has effected your mental health.

what do you mean "if" man have you seen some of the trash i post but i got to tell you i get a lot of fun out of this bulletin board.the ones who take chess seriuosly are the best the way the go on about it.

Account Permanently Banned Axiom's Avatar

funnier

Quote Originally Posted by bobby1972
    what do you mean "if" man have you seen some of the trash i post but i got to tell you i get a lot of fun out of this bulletin board.the ones who take chess seriuosly are the best the way the go on about it.
    but no funnier than any other serious hobbyist?

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Sujakobi
    Does anyone know what happened to Lucius Endzelins?

Pretty sure he died some time ago. He had a long chess career in correspondence chess and achieved some distinctions. Contact DavidFlude for more info on Endzelins

Thread Information