Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 293
  1. #31
    CC FIDE Master bobby1972's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    574
    any results please

  2. #32
    CC Candidate Master pballard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby1972
    any results please
    As has already been mentioned I think, results, games etc at http://www.ozchess2006.com
    http://www.peterballard.org

  3. #33
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,480
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    Frame- Dougherty 0-1
    Strange game, I've just looked at it to see how our state champion is getting along. Dougherty did really well out of the opening but then played 20...Bd5?! which gives white rook and two pieces for queen, instead of 20...Bf5! which recovers the piece with a few pawns interest. White was probably winning around move 25 but tripped over trying to coordinate all the little bits against the queen, made a few errors and got outplayed. A closer affair than Nigel's round 1 game against Humphrey where he just got outplayed from the opening.

  4. #34
    CC International Master Watto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,271

    odd draw

    Did anyone actually see the Johansen Solomon draw?

    We're wondering down here in Melbourne how come Johansen agreed to a draw two pawns up? As far as we (well, gattaca) can make out, it's only double repetition so that doesn't seem to be the reason. I can see time was also not a problem if the clock is to be believed...

    Cheers,
    Watto.

  5. #35
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,480
    Quote Originally Posted by Watto
    Did anyone actually see the Johansen Solomon draw?

    We're wondering down here in Melbourne how come Johansen agreed to a draw two pawns up? As far as we (well, gattaca) can make out, it's only double repetition so that doesn't seem to be the reason. I can see time was also not a problem if the clock is to be believed...

    Cheers,
    Watto.
    Solomon to move has a triple rep with 46...Kg7 (same position occurred after 42 and 44) and could therefore claim it as drawn without playing any further moves on the board. But why Johansen allowed this to happen I have no idea at all.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 30-12-2005 at 11:06 PM.

  6. #36
    CC International Master Watto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Solomon to move has a triple rep with 46...Kg7 (same position occurred after 42 and 44) and could therefore claim it as drawn without playing any further moves on the board. But why Johansen allowed this to happen I have no idea at all.
    Ah... yes. The seemingly irrelevant series of knight checks probably confused the issue. Really bad luck for Johansen.

  7. #37
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Solomon to move has a triple rep with 46...Kg7 (same position occurred after 42 and 44) and could therefore claim it as drawn without playing any further moves on the board. But why Johansen allowed this to happen I have no idea at all.
    this is correct.

  8. #38
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,073
    been wondering, what has happened to all the chat and thoughts about each game as they are being played. I remember quite a bit of discussion about mt buller games, but this year, there has been very little while the championship games have been going on.

  9. #39
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,480
    Could have something to do with the proportion of BBers who are playing in this tournament compared with at Mt Buller.

  10. #40
    CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Inventor of the Surströmming opening
    Posts
    1,416

    Cool

    Im still here ..... and watching Michael and Angela playing now
    ... and I got ice-cream and oj getting cold ready for this afternon as we speak
    Last edited by Kaitlin; 31-12-2005 at 12:41 PM.
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

    ..Chess is all about fear and psychology

    ..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

    ..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

  11. #41
    CC Candidate Master pballard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    been wondering, what has happened to all the chat and thoughts about each game as they are being played. I remember quite a bit of discussion about mt buller games, but this year, there has been very little while the championship games have been going on.
    It's a bit hard because game scores are slow to trickle through. The downloads on the website still only have round 1, at least for the seniors. (I realise organisers are probably busy, but games updates would certainly be welcomed).

    For an interesting round 1 game, check out Obst's audacious king walk. With the opposite coloured bishops, it seems perfectly safe.
    http://www.peterballard.org

  12. #42
    CC Grandmaster Garvinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    13,073
    Quote Originally Posted by pballard
    It's a bit hard because game scores are slow to trickle through. The downloads on the website still only have round 1, at least for the seniors. (I realise organisers are probably busy, but games updates would certainly be welcomed).

    For an interesting round 1 game, check out Obst's audacious king walk. With the opposite coloured bishops, it seems perfectly safe.
    i meant more for the live games as they are occurring.

  13. #43
    CC International Master Watto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    2,271
    Quote Originally Posted by pballard
    It's a bit hard because game scores are slow to trickle through. The downloads on the website still only have round 1, at least for the seniors. (I realise organisers are probably busy, but games updates would certainly be welcomed).

    For an interesting round 1 game, check out Obst's audacious king walk. With the opposite coloured bishops, it seems perfectly safe.
    Hi. Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but if you go to http://www.ozchess2006.com/results.html
    and click on championship, and then pairings and then click on the actual result for any game, you can play over all the championshiop games up to round 3.

    The live games are great too.

  14. #44
    CC Candidate Master pballard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Adelaide
    Posts
    372
    Quote Originally Posted by Watto
    Hi. Not sure if I'm misunderstanding you but if you go to http://www.ozchess2006.com/results.html
    and click on championship, and then pairings and then click on the actual result for any game, you can play over all the championshiop games up to round 3.
    You are correct. All previous rounds' games can be found at http://www.ozchess2006.com/results.html like you say. But http://www.ozchess2006.com/games.html (the "downloads" link from the front page) only has round 1. So the webmaster needs to fix some minor things, but it does look like the data is all there.
    http://www.peterballard.org

  15. #45
    CC Candidate Master
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    181
    All the dgt games are now finished. Lane and Moylan did well to draw with black versus Chandler and Zhao, while Johansen's king got stuck in the middle against Smerdon. Even without queens, he was forced to drop material. A GM norm now a real possibility for David.

    Anyone there got results for other championship games?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2005 Queensland Championship and Reserve games
    By Garvinator in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 11:18 AM
  2. ACF December 2005 Ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 07-12-2005, 10:04 PM
  3. Is it Australian championship or just an open tournament?
    By Leonid Sandler in forum Australian Chess Championships 2006
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 11:07 PM
  4. Australian Womens Championship
    By Oepty in forum Mt Buller Chess
    Replies: 100
    Last Post: 09-01-2005, 09:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •