View Poll Results: Will Jelena Dokic make it back into the top ten?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

6 42.86%
  • No

8 57.14%

Tennis - Jelena Dokic

Will be interesting to see whether she's mentally tough enough to make it back. She's 22 now.

My guess is the Australian public will welcome her back, especially if she starts doing well again and her dad stays out of the picture.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Watto
    Will be interesting to see whether she's mentally tough enough to make it back. She's 22 now.

My guess is the Australian public will welcome her back, especially if she starts doing well again and her dad stays out of the picture.
    Maybe I'm not sure about either, good luck to her all the same because to have a father like that would be awful but I'd rather Tennis Australia have nothing more to do with her.

Fed or Davis cups are not worth a thing if someone can swap nationalities and start playing for another country anytime they like. As tennis is primarily an individual sport, what do we really benfit and how does it help the game?
    No this is silly, the whole premise is silly and very badly written. I'm the senior officer here and I've not had a funny line yet so I'm stopping it.

Sydney International Open

Parramatta Chess Club

Manchester United - In decline since 92!

Actually, I thought it was awesome when they used Damir Dokic in those Toyota ads or whatever, haha.
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

Quote Originally Posted by Belthasar
    Actually, I thought it was awesome when they used Damir Dokic in those Toyota ads or whatever, haha.
    LOL. Yes, they were truly inspired!

CC International Master four four two's Avatar

Show us the money...

I'm happy for "Aussie Jelena" to play for Australia again...but she should compensate the tennis federation for the $400,000+ that they spent on her coaching and travel costs when she was a junior. When she changed her nationality she was classed as an "adult" by the WTA,if her father was causing her problems she could have gotten him banned from the tour.
    Other players with troblesome parents have done it before,so she must take some responsibility for letting her father be so pushy.

I think she should be welcomed back. She's only 22 and can't be held responsible for decisions, made under the influence of a parent, at a young age.

Quote Originally Posted by jenni
    I think she should be welcomed back. She's only 22 and can't be held responsible for decisions, made under the influence of a parent, at a young age.
    I agree. Perhaps they'll be a bit cautious about being too welcoming which is fair enough but I think a lot of people would be willing to be supportive.

It would be a great achievement if she made it back into the top ten, even the top 20. I voted that she wouldn't (sorry about the rather lame poll with not many options ) but I'll be very happy If I'm proved wrong...

I agree. Perhaps they'll be a bit cautious about being too welcoming which is fair enough but I think a lot of people would be willing to be supportive.

It would be a great achievement if she made it back into the top ten, even the top 20. I voted that she wouldn't (sorry about the rather lame poll with not many options ) but I'll be very happy If I'm proved wrong...
    I voted the other way, but then I always look on the bright side. Takes a lot to make me go pessimistic.

I I always look on the bright side. Takes a lot to make me go pessimistic.
    Not so sure Jenni! I still remember Spain and the leaking toilet!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnH
    Not so sure Jenni! I still remember Spain and the leaking toilet!
    Leaking toilets I stay optimistic about - ones that have exploded and are spraying water everywhere are enough to make me hysterical.....

Leaking toilets I stay optimistic about - ones that have exploded and are spraying water everywhere are enough to make me hysterical.....
    Touche

Thread Information