Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154
Results 2,296 to 2,305 of 2305
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Sanctions which Trump opposed, and delayed for several months.

As for the connections.
    I agree that would be good to see far more severe sanctions. However, EU countries are even less consistent with the sanctions - are they also secretly connected to Putin?
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

CC Grandmaster
    There is a difference between stopping people from entering your territory and killing them.
    Did the people try to enter Israel peacefully? What were they doing there? What was their intent?

The Leftmedia hate Israel for defending itself against a murderous mob

[B]WHO’S RESPONSIBLE FOR THESE GAZA DEATHS? THE HAMAS AND THEIR WESTERN MEDIA ENABLERS[/B]
    Melanie Phillips, 14 May 2018

The toll in today’s Gaza riots (according to the Hamas) currently stands at around 55 Arabs dead (amongst whom, say the Israelis, are at least ten Hamas terrorists); that toll may well rise with further riots threatened tomorrow and the day after.

The people who caused these deaths are the Hamas themselves. But the people at whose door these dead Arabs should also be laid are the BBC and those in the rest of the British and other media who have acted their part in the script the Hamas has written: to cause as many Gazans to lose their lives as possible, the younger the better, so that the western media will portray Israel as wanton and disproportionate killers.

The media has duly obliged by calling what’s been happening at Gaza’s border with Israel, today and previously, “unarmed” demonstrations or “protests against the US embassy move”. It was nothing of the kind. As I wrote here yesterday, by the Hamas’s own lights this is an attempt by tens of thousands of Arabs to storm the border in order to invade and destroy Israel.

And it is a lie to say, as the media continue falsely to report, that this great mob is unarmed. They are using petrol bombs, IEDs, flaming kites.

Their tactics have been described by Israel’s security service, the Shin Bet. Captured Gazans have told them that Hamas has warned its members to stay away from the security fence during the riots lest they get shot, while actively encouraging Palestinian civilians — particularly children and teens — to approach the border. “There is a prohibition for Hamas operatives to approach the border from a fear that they will be killed or captured by IDF troops, unless the security fence falls; and then they must enter, armed, into Israel under the cover of the masses and carry out terror attacks”.

Now also we can see the profound antisemitism of Amnesty International and others. Amnesty tweeted today: “We are witnessing an abhorrent violation of international law and human rights in Gaza… This must end immediately”.

What Amnesty means is that Israel’s self-defence must end immediately. We must therefore conclude that Amnesty would be unmoved by the inevitable consequence: the invasion of Israel and slaughter of Israelis. For Amnesty, it seems, Jewish lives don’t matter.

And that goes for everyone else demanding that Israel now desists from doing what every other country on earth would do if facing a potential mob of 250,000 invaders bent on conquest and mass murder: defending itself as best it can.

Jews have died in their millions over the centuries at the hands of those who simply hate Jews. Hamas are the latest manifestation of this evil. But in Israel, the Jewish people now has the means to defend itself; and it goes to enormous lengths to guard every life because so many have been lost.

Yet these Israel-bashers complain that this is somehow not cricket, that the Jews need to die – because it’s not fair that they are killing their would-be killers instead. So they portray the Jews as the killers and their genocidal Arab attackers as their victims. Just how disgusting is this?

At times like this we can see how these parts of the west are signing their own death warrant. Well guess what – in Israel, the Jewish people said “never again”. This is what that looks like.
    “If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.” — Abba Eban on the UN general assembly

“You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi on the UN kakistocracy

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelBaron View Post
    I agree that would be good to see far more severe sanctions. However, EU countries are even less consistent with the sanctions - are they also secretly connected to Putin?
    My argument isn't that Trump is connected to Putin because he delayed sanctions. My argument is that he is connected to Putin because he's connected to Putin, as the link demonstrated. And the sanctions I'm referring to are the ones imposed by the US for Russia's interference in the US election - Trump actually sided with Putin on this issue.

CC Grandmaster
    Did the people try to enter Israel peacefully? What were they doing there? What was their intent?
    Peacefully demonstrating. Note that they were unarmed, which would be highly unusual for an 'invasion' force.

Israel had no choice with Hamas thugs threatening to tear Israeli hearts out

I said Israel should be ashamed – now I am the one who is ashamed
    On Tuesday Daniel Sugarman wrote an article on the clashes at the Gaza border. Today [17 May 2018] he acknowledges that he was wrong.

The traditional crowd stopping technology would not have worked effectively. Rubber bullets are only short range. The same with water cannons. And with tens of thousands of people rushing the border, this would have been extremely unlikely to work effectively. The border would have been broken through. And then, without much of a doubt, a lot of people in Israel would have died. That was, after all, Hamas’s stated aim.

But what really affected me the most was yesterday, when a Hamas operative went on television and claimed that, of the 62 people killed in the last two days, fifty were Hamas operatives. Islamic Jihad claimed three more, meaning that over 80 percent of the people who were killed while trying to breach the border were members of terrorist organisations whose direct aim is to bring death and suffering into Israel.

Shoot at those charging at you and Hamas would have its martyrs. Fail to shoot and Hamas would break through the barrier and bring suffering and death—its stated aim—to Israelis living only a few hundred metres away from that barrier. The march may have originally been, as it was declared to be, about Palestinians returning to the homes they had to leave 70 years before. But Hamas’s aim was far more straightforward—“We will take down the border and we will tear out their hearts from their bodies.”

I wrote in my previous article that Israel was a regional powerhouse, and that it was strong enough to take criticism from Jews in the Diaspora.

I still believe it is strong enough to do so. I just don’t believe that my criticism of it was valid. Given the circumstances, and the situation on the ground, I am at a loss in terms of coming up with a better solution. The choice was, quite literally, shoot at people running at you with the stated aim of killing you and your families, or fail to shoot and let them do it.
    “If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.” — Abba Eban on the UN general assembly

“You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi on the UN kakistocracy

CC Grandmaster
    My argument isn't that Trump is connected to Putin because he delayed sanctions. My argument is that he is connected to Putin because he's connected to Putin, as the link demonstrated. And the sanctions I'm referring to are the ones imposed by the US for Russia's interference in the US election - Trump actually sided with Putin on this issue.
    These allegations have not been proven. Furthermore, the last thing Putin needs is for US to have a strong leader like Trump. Right or Wrong, Trump is a man of action.

CC Grandmaster
    These allegations have not been proven. Furthermore, the last thing Putin needs is for US to have a strong leader like Trump. Right or Wrong, Trump is a man of action.
    That Trump supported Putin is not an allegation. When the sanctions were imposed, Trump praised Putin and rejected the evidence provided by his own intelligence services.

Hamas puts its own people at risk so the Leftmdia will blame Israel

Gaza’s Miseries Have Palestinian Authors
    Bret Stephens, New York Times, 16 May 2018
    By Bret Stephens

For the third time in two weeks, Palestinians in the Gaza Strip have set fire to the Kerem Shalom border crossing, through which they get medicine, fuel and other humanitarian essentials from Israel. Soon we’ll surely hear a great deal about the misery of Gaza. Try not to forget that the authors of that misery are also the presumptive victims.

There’s a pattern here — harm yourself, blame the other — and it deserves to be highlighted amid the torrent of morally blind, historically illiterate criticism to which Israelis are subjected every time they defend themselves against violent Palestinian attack.

But where is the outrage that Hamas kept urging Palestinians to move toward the fence, having been amply forewarned by Israel of the mortal risk? Or that protest organizers encouraged women to lead the charges on the fence because, as The Times’s Declan Walsh reported, “Israeli soldiers might be less likely to fire on women”? Or that Palestinian children as young as 7 were dispatched to try to breach the fence? Or that the protests ended after Israel warned Hamas’s leaders, whose preferred hide-outs include Gaza’s hospital, that their own lives were at risk?

Elsewhere in the world, this sort of behavior would be called reckless endangerment. It would be condemned as self-destructive, cowardly and almost bottomlessly cynical.

The mystery of Middle East politics is why Palestinians have so long been exempted from these ordinary moral judgments. How do so many so-called progressives now find themselves in objective sympathy with the murderers, misogynists and homophobes of Hamas? Why don’t they note that, by Hamas’s own admission, some 50 of the 62 protesters killed on Monday were members of Hamas? Why do they begrudge Israel the right to defend itself behind the very borders they’ve been clamoring for years for Israelis to get behind?

Why is nothing expected of Palestinians, and everything forgiven, while everything is expected of Israelis, and nothing forgiven?

CC Grandmaster
    So how is Hamas responsible for the shooting of this doctor?

Thread Information