Berkeley's student newspaper refuses to publish my response to an anti-Semitic op-ed, so here it is
Alan Dershowitz, Washington Examiner, 7 Nov 2017

Taylor argues that Israel commits “intentional” atrocities against innocent Palestinians including children. The reality is that the Israeli military’s efforts to stop Hamas from indiscriminately killing Israeli citizens with rockets and through terror tunnels has been the opposite of indiscriminate, as Col. Richard Kemp and other military experts have attested. Col. Kemp has argued that no other country in history has gone to such great lengths as Israel to distinguish between military and civilian targets, even in the face of an enemy that regularly uses its own population as human shields, and that hides military equipment in schools and hospitals.

Israel’s efforts to protect its citizens compare favorably to the U.S. and NATO-led military bombing campaigns in Iraq, Syria, and other areas, in which civilians have also been used as human shields. Israel goes to enormous lengths to reduce the number of civilian casualties – even to the point of foregoing legitimate targets that are too close to civilians. Yes, Israel has defended its citizens against terrorist attacks by underage Palestinians because Palestinian terrorist leaders deliberately recruit underage Palestinians.

When I engaged in a debate on BDS at the Oxford Union, I issued the following challenge to the audience and to my opponent: Name a single country in the history of the world, faced with threats comparable to those faced by Israel, that has a better record of human rights, compliance with the rule of law, or seeking to minimize civilian casualties. The room was completely silent.

Taylor argues that Israel commits “intentional” atrocities against innocent Palestinians including children. The reality is that the Israeli military’s efforts to stop Hamas from indiscriminately killing Israeli citizens with rockets and through terror tunnels has been the opposite of indiscriminate, as Col. Richard Kemp and other military experts have attested. Col. Kemp has argued that no other country in history has gone to such great lengths as Israel to distinguish between military and civilian targets, even in the face of an enemy that regularly uses its own population as human shields, and that hides military equipment in schools and hospitals.

Israel’s efforts to protect its citizens compare favorably to the U.S. and NATO-led military bombing campaigns in Iraq, Syria, and other areas, in which civilians have also been used as human shields. Israel goes to enormous lengths to reduce the number of civilian casualties – even to the point of foregoing legitimate targets that are too close to civilians. Yes, Israel has defended its citizens against terrorist attacks by underage Palestinians because Palestinian terrorist leaders deliberately recruit underage Palestinians.

When I engaged in a debate on BDS at the Oxford Union, I issued the following challenge to the audience and to my opponent: Name a single country in the history of the world, faced with threats comparable to those faced by Israel, that has a better record of human rights, compliance with the rule of law, or seeking to minimize civilian casualties. The room was completely silent.