Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    CC Rookie
    no where im a world class traveller thx to chess

"Jamaican Champion" update

Hey all remember me?? i toured all of Australia playin chess on the street theres some very interesting and also some very insulting stuff about me on this forum dating back from may of 2004 all the way up until i left in may of 2005. I just thought i should stae a few of the facts to clarify a few things i happened to read earlier. As most of u know i visited all 5 major cities doing even Bendigo and Ballarat along the way in victoria. Someone suggested somewhere that i should have gotten a job well if i wasnt an average of $60 oz per hour and making $120000 in excatly one year then i might have considered that (idiot) that clarifies that. I left and went to europe to do more chess on the street i can say that the weather and language are more to my favour in oz than here but still its been a success ive earned 35000 euors here in 6 months and a journey that started in Berlin then Munich,Veinna,Rome,Milan,Lake Constants,Zurich,Fredrickshaffen,Stuttgart,Colon,C oppernhagen,Amsterdam,Rotterdam,Paris,London,Birmi ngham,Barcelona and finally back to London again where i catch a flight to Atlanta usa tmorow from Gatwick Airport so to those of u who are still doin the same old same old i say i feel for it u everyday is all always different, intersting and dynamic not to mention the girls check barcelona if any of u ever get the chance theres much more to the world than Australia!! watch the exchange rate too thatll hurt its just as well i work as i go any time i egt to a new city i just open up my case place a chess board and clock on the ground and start to make immediate tax free cash. So a slap in the face to those of who choose to mock me ha u can go back to yur SSDD (same shit different day) routine while ill be making $200+ us an hour in atlanta i might not have been the strongest player at the board (i stronger now) then but i did something that none of have ever done or ever hope to do i combined chess with business to give my myself unlimited potential and opportunity at just 23 yrs of age see ya tuers Pablo jamaican world no1 well the only 1 ull ever see on the street anyways..

CC International Master four four two's Avatar
    The people here dont have a problem with you "busking" as a chess player,just with you calling yourself a jamaican champion. Tell me ,is your "father" still dying from cancer? You dont have to tell silly lies to make money as a chess player,just be honest for once and people might stop bagging you. As for making $60 dollars an hour/$120,000 in a year ,who are you trying to kid? You certainly were not making that kind of money when I saw you in the bourke street mall in Melbourne.

A few months back I met one of the girls who was touring with you to the Doeberl and she still had the hots for you. I was beating her in a game but then showed her a terrific combo she could pull off.

CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar

Talking Welcome Pablo!

G'day Pablo, nice to see you posting here at last.

It's also nice of you to acknowledge Bendigo and Ballarat as among the major cities. (You are obviously a man with taste!)

Just one question, do you think it wise to openly admit to tax evasion in several countries on a public forum?
    Last edited by ElevatorEscapee; 11-11-2005 at 08:44 PM.
    "On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

CC Candidate Master

Your a f#^%ing disgrace you f@%$ so home and <deleted>

Hi,

Guys

Pablo is just a loser.

This one time in band camp...

Sorry let me start over..

This one time in New Zealand our dear friend pablo who is crowned the jamican champion. (Raises eyebrow)

Played in this tournament the south island championship in dunedin or some minor nz city. He lost to this 800 kid shame shame shame u suck u suck u suck. then he kicked like 5 charis and stormed out. Also he was playing this guy call MArk Van Der hoorn in the All Canterbury Championship..

So much shit when on during this game..

From the beginning...ok

while mark isthinking of a move Pablo quotes " Not so cocky now are we", mark just winks and doesnt say anything. Mark is thinking how to win this pawn method a or method b. he chooses the latter. its doesntmatter. The next move pablo offers a draw during his move. like his thinking time. mark doest say anything. Pablo like draw do you want a draw. MArk is like make ur move. Then pablo slams down a piece and says be prepare to be annilated in a real loud voice. 5 moves later checkmate is forced..which pablo was on the receving end of marks queen sac pawn promotion. Also during the game..other players could here pablo outside saying 2100 psss 2100 pss what a joke.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 13-11-2005 at 10:26 PM.

CC International Master four four two's Avatar
    Pablo the "Jamaican Champion" finished outside the top 6 in the DOEBERL MINOR,didnt even bother to play the top section.

Think its time to hand back your "crown" to the current Jamaican champion,FM Warren Elliot[2262 elo]. For those of you who are interested the Jamaican championship is taking place at the moment and will be completed on November 27th. A good website about players of african descent is "The Chess Drum",gives a well informed run down on carribean players,african players and black players in north america/britain.

Quote Originally Posted by four four two
    Pablo the "Jamaican Champion" finished outside the top 6 in the DOEBERL MINOR,didnt even bother to play the top section.
    And it was with a less than heroic fashion he took that final round loss to Andrew Brown... screaming in the streets, lol.
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

Hmmm, Pablo didn't seem terribly happy about losing in the final round at Ballarat either...

Pablo, you wouldn't happen to be starting to believe in your own marketing puffery now would you?

But I offer you my congratulations in any case... for it is not everyone who get's to tour the world playing chess!

On one hand I find this hilarious having observed Pablo’s dramatic mood swings in the All Canterbury Open. Very memorable! But, it’s also a bit sad. It was pretty apparent he’s not all that confident underneath the bluster.

Not defending his antics or his capacity to pile on the bullshit… but it takes a lot of gumption for someone in his position (not a strong player by tournament standards) to travel the world using chess as his meal ticket. Another thing you can’t take away from him is that he genuinely cares about the game.

So, good luck to him. Just hope he grows up a bit through the experience.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Watto
    but it takes a lot of gumption for someone in his position (not a strong player by tournament standards) to travel the world using chess as his meal ticket.
    Have you ever heard of Ostap Bender?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout
    Yes, now I have.

My sense is that the comic hero of this thread is as insecure and human as he is cynical… but call me nave if you will

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout
    Have u read "12 chairs" by Ilf and Petrov or you just know about the monument in Elista?

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by drug
    Have u read "12 chairs" by Ilf and Petrov or you just know about the monument in Elista?
    I haven't read the whole book, many years ago I read an excerpt (the part where he gives the lecture and simultaneous exhibition). I really should read the rest.

Also, Bender was quoted by Kotov in his ".... Like a Grandmaster" books.

CC Grandmaster
    January this year (before I returned to chess) me and my wife vacated in Adelaide. One day on the street I ran into "Jamaican champion" and decided to have a little fun. He is not that bad in 3 minutes chess (I'd say 1800-1900), I was out of shape but it did not cause me much problem (and of course I did not beleive "Jamaican champion" and cancer staff).

However, he has balls to go out in the street (and the day was quite hot and too sunny for my taste), put an effort and earn some bucks. Btw, he did not charge to play with him or play for a bet (it might've tempted me to send him bankrupt ), only asking spectators to throw something in the hat. Personally I see nothing wrong with it (apart from cancer part). Even advertising himself as Jamaican champion is tolerable.

Those who criticise him - why don't you go out and earn some money for yourself simular way?

Thread Information