CC Candidate Master

The playing list for the Drouin Open

A few people have asked for an indication of the playing strength at the upcoming Drouin Open.
    Official registrations have arrived in the range 1500-1800.
    Max Mollard (1550)
    Chris Bradley (1762)
    Stehan Taylor (1526)

I have also had indications that the following people are likely to be playing. (But not certain)
    GM Johansen
    IM Sandler
    FM De Pasquale
    David Hacche
    Most clubs in Victoria have indicated to me that some of their players will be coming.
    Finally, I am sponsoring this tournament to give the kids of Gippsland an opportunity to meet and play the chess community. So I will be rounding up a bunch of juniors to play and I would love to see a whole lot of juniors from other parts of the world enter.

David Bell
    Organiser
    Further information and online registration for the Drouin Open Championship can be found on the website at www.possumpages.com.au/drouinchess
    The tournament is in the old council chambers in Drouin on 21/22 February

Account Permanently Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by biggles
    A few people have asked for an indication of the playing strength at the upcoming Drouin Open.
    Official registrations have arrived in the range 1500-1800.
    Max Mollard (1550)
    Chris Bradley (1762)
    Stehan Taylor (1526)

I have also had indications that the following people are likely to be playing. (But not certain)
    GM Johansen
    IM Sandler
    FM De Pasquale
    David Hacche
    Most clubs in Victoria have indicated to me that some of their players will be coming.
    Finally, I am sponsoring this tournament to give the kids of Gippsland an opportunity to meet and play the chess community. So I will be rounding up a bunch of juniors to play and I would love to see a whole lot of juniors from other parts of the world enter.

David Bell
    Organiser
    Further information and online registration for the Drouin Open Championship can be found on the website at www.possumpages.com.au/drouinchess
    The tournament is in the old council chambers in Drouin on 21/22 February
    David

Your flyer is on prominent display at the Box Hill notice-board (tks Chessguru). Good luck with the tournament.
    Perhaps CG could also offer one for display when he visits MCC to inspect the renovations?

starter

For many years the MCC has posted information about chess tournaments across Victoria, and Australia. The MCC has a proud tradition of this, and we do it for all clubs. I would say the two clubs that have had the most exposure at MCC are Box Hill CC, and Chess World, so I am not sure why the shifty eyes starter, are you at all trying to indicate CG would have to pull a swifty to have MCC post a flyer, because this is an absolutely absurd insinuation if that is what you are implying.

The MCC supports all chess clubs in Victioria, just not CV. For many years I have taken calls from interested parents and players at the MCC, and when MCC did not have a junior club, I redirected them onto Box HIll, with a number and contact name. Whenever someone expressed Fitzroy was to out of the way, I asked their location, directed them to the nearest club, nd informed them of the playing nights, I know many MCC members who have this approach also.

If you want a flyer placed at the MCC, I am more than happy to download, and print a few off for you, all you need to do is ask

Regards

WBA

PS I hope you have a very succuessful tournament, it is fantastic to see tournaments outside the CBD.

Account Permanently Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by WBA
    For many years the MCC has posted information about chess tournaments across Victoria, and Australia. The MCC has a proud tradition of this, and we do it for all clubs. I would say the two clubs that have had the most exposure at MCC are Box Hill CC, and Chess World, so I am not sure why the shifty eyes starter, are you at all trying to indicate CG would have to pull a swifty to have MCC post a flyer, because this is an absolutely absurd insinuation if that is what you are implying.

The MCC supports all chess clubs in Victioria, just not CV. For many years I have taken calls from interested parents and players at the MCC, and when MCC did not have a junior club, I redirected them onto Box HIll, with a number and contact name. Whenever someone expressed Fitzroy was to out of the way, I asked their location, directed them to the nearest club, nd informed them of the playing nights, I know many MCC members who have this approach also.

If you want a flyer placed at the MCC, I am more than happy to download, and print a few off for you, all you need to do is ask

Regards

WBA

PS I hope you have a very succuessful tournament, it is fantastic to see tournaments outside the CBD.
    WBA

Given CG's posts over the recent week, and the fact that he has had to follow-up with another near-apologetic post(s) within 24 hours, it seemed that he may need to look left and right as he enters one of the arenas where he has caused most uproar. Hence shifty, who looks left and right, appeared to be appropriate for CG.

Not directed at MCC. We appreciate any re-directs or display of our flyers.

starter

Thread Information