Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 90
  1. #16
    Account Permanently Banned firegoat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MCC
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by jenni
    More of the "why don't the guvmint do it' crap that comes out of Victoria.

    You want something done, stop whinging and get it done.
    Your as thick as two planks

    cheers Fg7
    Last edited by firegoat7; 06-10-2005 at 03:33 PM.

  2. #17
    Account Permanently Banned firegoat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MCC
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by jenni
    More of the "why don't the guvmint do it' crap that comes out of Victoria.

    You want something done, stop whinging and get it done.
    Excuse me dearie, but neither the ACF, nor ChessVictoria, nor the clubs or the players at chess clubs have any connection, whatsoever with the government.

    cheers Fg7

  3. #18
    Account Suspended jenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    Excuse me dearie, but neither the ACF, nor ChessVictoria, nor the clubs or the players at chess clubs have any connection, whatsoever with the government.

    cheers Fg7
    God - aren't you supposed to be an intellectual. I thought even someone as thick as you could make the connection.

  4. #19
    Account Suspended jenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    Your as thick as two planks

    cheers Fg7
    Those who can do, those who can't criticise and whinge.

  5. #20
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    5,667
    Quote Originally Posted by jenni
    God - aren't you supposed to be an intellectual.
    He is??

  6. #21
    Account Suspended jenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by pax
    He is??
    Well he rabbits on a lot and strings large numbers of big words together, so I am sure he thinks he is.

  7. #22
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,214
    FG has got the whole BB on fire - a one man army.

  8. #23
    Account Suspended Libby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    Excuse me dearie,
    All you need to know about someone is explained when they trot out this kind of quote.

    I've spent several years working with Jenni in Canberra, more of a direct working relationship than probably anyone else in Australian chess.

    Before you subscribe to the notion that we have some kind of "love-in" happening, we've disagreed on many occasions. Ahead of everything though, she's someone who gets things done. That will always have my respect.

    She doesn't sit around bitching about what the ACF should be doing to hold the hand of every whinging or dysfunctional local club or association.

    This crap about the Bulletin again is beyond belief.

    Regards

    (another) Dearie

  9. #24
    Account Suspended Libby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    Your as thick as two planks

    cheers Fg7
    oops - where's that apostrophe when you need it

  10. #25
    Account Suspended jenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby
    Before you subscribe to the notion that we have some kind of "love-in" happening, we've disagreed on many occasions.
    Er yes! Put two strong minded females together who both like their own way and the fur was certain to fly. However we fairly soon built up a good relationship based on respect and a desire to co-operate and compromise. I think our respective husbands have put up with a lot of whinging, but to the ACT chess community, we have probably presented a united front.

  11. #26
    Account Permanently Banned firegoat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MCC
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby
    All you need to know about someone is explained when they trot out this kind of quote.
    Psychoanalyisis hour is it. Well lets put the comment in its appropriate context.

    Yes I agree that the language is sexist,condescending and inappropriate.

    Congratulations on your point, I agree totally!

    In a normal society circumstance I would never use such language. However here at Cheesechat, a private fiefdom, as we are repeatedly told by limp wristed hypocritical moderators, none of the normal societal rules of society apply. Here it seems everything works morally as "an eye for an eye and a tooth for a teeth". No doubt you might be able to infer something from these social facts about chess administrators in general.

    Nevertheless, I reserve the right to talk about Jenni in such a way, according to the current rules on chesschat. She is a sexist and has proved that in previous debates with myself. She also has the ability to be condescending and inappropriate with her usage of language. If I actually cared what she thought I would not take the mickey out of her so much.

    Furthermore, I accept the reality that I do not have to get along with every known person on the planet. Especially middle class yuppies.

    Quote Originally Posted by Libby

    I've spent several years working with Jenni in Canberra, more of a direct working relationship than probably anyone else in Australian chess.
    Maybe you should write her a job reference because I won't be.

    Quote Originally Posted by Libby
    She doesn't sit around bitching about what the ACF should be doing to hold the hand of every whinging or dysfunctional local club or association.
    Your chess scene in Canberra may be disfunctional, but here in Victoria the chess scene is quite good.

    Quote Originally Posted by Libby

    This crap about the Bulletin again is beyond belief.
    Its only crap because people like you seem to believe that ideas are not worth talking about, and that the status quo is perfectly fine.


    cheers Fg7

  12. #27
    Account Suspended Libby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    Its only crap because people like you seem to believe that ideas are not worth talking about, and that the status quo is perfectly fine.
    cheers Fg7
    Obviously. I mean, barely a new program or initiative has come online in Canberra since I became involved. I am completely devoid of ideas, resistant to change, full of crap, female and (possibly on pay-week only) middle-class.

    I think that sums it up.

  13. #28
    Account Permanently Banned firegoat7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MCC
    Posts
    2,809
    Quote Originally Posted by Libby
    Obviously. I mean, barely a new program or initiative has come online in Canberra since I became involved. I am completely devoid of ideas, resistant to change, full of crap, female and (possibly on pay-week only) middle-class.
    You took this personally?

    cheers Fg7

  14. #29
    Account Suspended jenni's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra
    Posts
    2,701
    Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    . She is a sexist
    This was an adjective I thought? However anyone who uses your for you're probably doesn't know the difference.

    Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    .

    Maybe you should write her a job reference because I won't be.
    Isn't it fortunate I haven't needed one for at least a 1/4 of a century?

    Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    .
    Your chess scene in Canberra may be disfunctional, but here in Victoria the chess scene is quite good.
    There's his sense of humour again. Similar to his recent statement that ACT was over rated and Vic under rated - and as correct. Anyone like to count up how many rating points Vic gave to ACT in the Ergas tournament?

  15. #30
    Account Suspended Libby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Canberra, ACT
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    You took this personally?

    cheers Fg7
    Wasn't it all about people like me?

    Sorry, I have so much trouble with the difference between what people actually say and do and what they meant by what was said & done. Ask Garvin.

    Now I'm going to get barefoot & back in the kitchen if that's OK.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Australian Schools Championships
    By jeffrei in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 27-02-2010, 08:57 PM
  2. paid CEO for Australian chess
    By chesslover in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 21-02-2006, 06:53 PM
  3. Mt Buller Australian Minor Chess Championships
    By cincinnatus in forum Mt Buller Chess
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 24-01-2005, 02:44 PM
  4. Australian Clubs Team Champions
    By chesslover in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 26-02-2004, 06:59 AM
  5. Australian chess wheel reinvented again!
    By Kevin Bonham in forum Australian Chess
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 20-02-2004, 04:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •