CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar

Championship/Open cycle

How is the state who is due to hold the Aus championships/open determined? Who is scheduled to be the holders for the next few years?
    When will it be NSW's turn next?
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

Hosting schedule:

It is a pretty bizarre cycle and all but meaningless.

Allocation of ACF Tournaments

The options grid, which is part of the ACF By-law Procedure for Allocating ACF Tournaments, is a starting point. The State with the option must exercise it by 31 July of the year about 18 months ahead of the event. Thus the date for exercising the option for the ASTC 2006, Aus Open 2006/2007 and Aus Juniors 2007 was 31 July 2005. None of the nominated States exercised its option. The ACF has called for bids for the events to be submitted.

The grid was revised in 2004 but now needs further revision in light, for example, of the disaffiliation of the CANT.

The history of the grid in recent years has been that it is only a rough guide to where the events will actually be held and who the organisers will be.

DJ
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

CC Candidate Master
    I dont get it.
    Why was it held at the top of a snow mountsin in the middle of the Victorian countryside, when there was no snow at all. What about the interstate ppl. They have to pay airfare then for travel to the Mt.Buller.
    It is ridiculous.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Walker
    I dont get it.
    Why was it held at the top of a snow mountsin in the middle of the Victorian countryside, when there was no snow at all.
    Absolute rubbish. The place was covered in a couple of inches of the stuff on the very first night!

What about the interstate ppl. They have to pay airfare then for travel to the Mt.Buller.
    Yeah, I was one of them, and the cost to travel up from Melbourne was negligible. Funny how many interstate players were happy to travel up and so many (of course, not all) Melbournites whinged.

Anyway further whinging about Mt Buller isn't relevant to this thread so if it continues I'll just split it to somewhere else. It's all been said a zillion times before.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC International Master four four two's Avatar
    Lets hope the next Australian open is in a more central location.

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by four four two
    Lets hope the next Australian open is in a more central location.
    Turnouts at events in Alice Springs have so far been disapointing.

CC International Master four four two's Avatar
    Ha Ha Ha Canberra should be in line for the 2007 Australian Open?

Thread Information