Thread: Longest Game

CC International Master Bereaved's Avatar

Longest Game

Hi everyone,
    This is to the best of my knowledge my longest tournament game.

I will post another from one of my friends hopefully which is a lot longer,

Take care God Bless, and Enjoy, Macavity

White: Roger Beattie
    Black: Macavity
    PGN Viewer

Certainly not the most accurate game, but it was pleasing to get to checkmate with Bishop and Knight, though to be strictly accurate, my opponent resigned on move 100, but do you really think after all that hard work I was going to write resigns on my scoresheet????

C'mon...I'm only human!!

Take care and God Bless, Macavity

welcome other people's long games

Long and unusual; how many pawns?

Hello everyone,
    This one is interesting too, as far as when the first pawn is captured,

von Gottschall,H - Tarrasch,S [C16]
    Nuremberg, 1888

PGN Viewer

Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 13-09-2005 at 02:11 PM.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Surprisingly the longest game of mine that I have all the moves of is only 92 moves long. I thought move 87 was a pretty cool thing to see with only 3 minutes remaining on my clock but it turns out that it is not actually forced.

PGN Viewer

I have had a few that probably went a bit past move 100 but in time scrambles when nobody was recording.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 13-09-2005 at 02:42 PM.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

sorry I can't really produce the goods but I had an eight hour game (1973), we both got about 6 queens each, earn one then have a big battle and lose it - repeat about 5 times each.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    sorry I can't really produce the goods but I had an eight hour game (1973), we both got about 6 queens each, earn one then have a big battle and lose it - repeat about 5 times each.
    Come on, ac, don't hide your bushells.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Very very funny, RW!!

I actually have a longer one now!!

Hi everyone,

Just looking through old threads, and realised that the starting post was no longer accurate, and ever so slightly outside the editing window...lol... so will just post the other one now,

White: Nother, A
    Black: Macavity
    Result: 0-1
    ECO: A45
    WhiteElo: 2050
    BlackElo: 2005
    PlyCount: 212

PGN Viewer

PS Surely someone has a longer game than this of their own to post?

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I have had a few that probably went a bit past move 100 but in time scrambles when nobody was recording.
    and as noted on the swindle thread I have now had a 114 move rapid.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

As mentioned on the HICC thread, Harris-Midson this week went for 123 moves. White really should have resigned after being reduced to K vs KR on move 101 but decided to make black play it out (and as it happened black was a little rusty and almost triple-repeated!) I recorded the last 73 moves as arbiter.

I think this was the second-longest serious game I have seen in Tas. I think there was a Sturges-Frame game that went for 130.

CC International Master Jesper Norgaard's Avatar
    This was from the Danish championship, 1982. It went on for more than a 100 moves in the Queen ending and in the end I lost. I am not even sure exactly where I went wrong - I hope some time in the future Nalimov table bases will tell us the truth. The game lasted 16 hours with both of us having to sweat it out in the morning before the ordinary round each day, it seemed to drag out through the whole championship (not sure how many rounds) with 140 moves. The (h) are the adjournments but I think there is one missing between move 41 and 109.

8.th of April 1982:

White: IM Bjarke Kristensen
    Black: Jesper Norgaard
    Result: 0-1
    ECO: A19
    WhiteElo: 2425
    BlackElo: 2280
    PlyCount: 279

PGN Viewer

CC International Master Miranda's Avatar
    I think the longest number of moves I've had was probably about 80 or so (usually I resign by then!) but the longest time-wise was 5.5 hours... a very boring rook and a few pawns endgame, which ended in a tedious threefold repitition draw.
    It's time for man to enter the Solar System - Dan Quayle

Thread Information