CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar

Vacant ACF Positions

From ACF Bulletin....
    Vacant ACF positions:

The Australian Chess Federation (ACF) is seeking expressions of interest for the following vacant ACF officeholder positions; Olympiad Appeal Coordinator, Junior Selection Coordinator and Director of Corporate Relations.

Potential applicants are strongly advised to contact the ACF President, Denis Jessop, on (02)6288 1935 or mobile 0418 278324 to obtain further details on the duties and responsibilities of these positions.

_Expression of interest, including any supporting statements, should be send to the ACF Secretary, Jey Hoole, at jeydh4@hotmail.com. All applications will be acknowledged. The deadline for the submission of expressions of interest for these positions is 30 September 2005.

The ACF Council will consider all expressions of interest, and fill the vacant positions during it's October Council meeting.
    Care to explain the duties and responsibilities of the positions here Dennis?
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the chess nut
    From ACF Bulletin....

Olympiad Appeal Coordinator: be a good begger from beggers.
    Junior Selection Coordinator: be able to tell parents what they need to know
    Director of Corporate Relations: same as always - sweet FA.

Quote Originally Posted by the chess nut
    From ACF Bulletin....

Put briefly,

* The Olympiad Appeal Coordinator will oversee and organise the appeals for funds for the Australian Olympiad representatives. There is no set procedure for the way in which this is to be done and fund-raisng ideas are part of the brief.

* The Junior Selection Coordinator is responsible for conducting selections of Australian representatives for overseas junior events in accordance with the ACF Selection Procedures By-law.

* The Director of Corporate Relations is responsible for seeking and arranging corporate sponsorship or other support for chess. Again, there are no set procedures or guidelines for the way in which the duties of this position would be performed. It is very much up to the initiative of the individual.

DJ
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

I think my cold brevity was more brief than your droll levity, DJ, and much more informative of the sole inev'ity

Quote Originally Posted by Denis_Jessop
    Put briefly,

* The Olympiad Appeal Coordinator will oversee and organise the appeals for funds for the Australian Olympiad representatives. There is no set procedure for the way in which this is to be done and fund-raisng ideas are part of the brief.

* The Junior Selection Coordinator is responsible for conducting selections of Australian representatives for overseas junior events in accordance with the ACF Selection Procedures By-law.

* The Director of Corporate Relations is responsible for seeking and arranging corporate sponsorship or other support for chess. Again, there are no set procedures or guidelines for the way in which the duties of this position would be performed. It is very much up to the initiative of the individual.

DJ
    i think the first and third positions should be merged

eclectic

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic
    i think the first and third positions should be merged
    Given that I said,
    "Olympiad Appeal Coordinator: be a good begger from beggers.
    Junior Selection Coordinator: be able to tell parents what they need to know
    Director of Corporate Relations: same as always - sweet FA."

the combination of the first and third cannot exist.

Which position(s) are you applying for MS?
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    Which position(s) are you applying for MS?
    The one where I can disappear off the radar for a few months, there be no search party, and then get sacked before my term is up.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    The one where I can disappear off the radar for a few months, there be no search party, and then get sacked before my term is up.
    You can talk! I don't turn up to the club ONE night and I immediately attain the status of "erstwhile".
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Thread Information