Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: USA is filth.

Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar

USA is filth.

The reason that the man made New Orleans desaster is not being "fixed" is that 90% of the peole there are black. No Australian who has lived and worked in the USA (as I have) will disagree.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    The reason that the man made New Orleans desaster is not being "fixed" is that 90% of the peole there are black. No Australian who has lived and worked in the USA (as I have) will disagree.
    The tragedy in New Orleans was not man made and foolish of you to say so, it has however been made worse by poor planning and rescue management by the state and federal governments. Adding to the problem is the scum with guns who are shooting at the rescuers!

I was sickened when that moron George.W.Bush, was interviewed with a idiot grin on his face when responding to question about the speed and amount of resources being given. He also went on to say that the private sector was expected to make a sizeable contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by bergil
    . . . it has however been made worse by poor planning and rescue management by the state and federal governments. Adding to the problem is the scum with guns who are shooting at the rescuers!
    I think that's what Matt was referring to as "man-made disaster". He seems to have borrowed the observation from today's editorial of NYT.

AR

the man made disaster is in two parts:

1) Deciding in the first place to allow such a large city to be built below sea level in a known hurricane hot spot.
    2) Not building the levees to be able to withstand the storm surge of a cat 5 hurricane. The levees were only built for a cat 3 hurricane.

I am trying to think of in the world a worse spot for a large city.

Quote Originally Posted by bergil
    The tragedy in New Orleans was not man made and foolish of you to say so, ...
    If a nuclear reactor was built on top of an active volcano, I would call it a man made disaster.

Adding to the problem is the scum with guns who are shooting at the rescuers!
    The evil is the scum that created the scum and then gave that scum the right to have guns.

I was sickened when that moron George.W.Bush...
    Agreed.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    the man made disaster is in two parts:

1) Deciding in the first place to allow such a large city to be built below sea level in a known hurricane hot spot.
    2) Not building the levees to be able to withstand the storm surge of a cat 5 hurricane. The levees were only built for a cat 3 hurricane.

I am trying to think of in the world a worse spot for a large city.
    Anywhere you reside? What a simpleton you must be!

Cat 5 hurricanes don't happen all the time or they didn't before global warming. How many people live in 100 year flood zones or near volcano's and fault lines? C'mon tell us where all the people should live who have the potential of a natural disaster. So pacific islands out, Japan's out, half of the U.S.A out, and so on and on

CC International Master
    If a nuclear reactor was built on top of an active volcano, I would call it a man made disaster.
    That didn't happen as usual you go off on some bulls**t tangent!

The evil is the scum that created the scum and then gave that scum the right to have guns.
    More crud that is not relavant

Agreed.[/QUOTE]
    Good that we can finally agree with each other
    Last edited by Trent Parker; 03-09-2005 at 07:15 PM.

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    The damage caused by the hurricane is mainly to property and probably the same as only a planeful of clusterbombs, and how many planeloads did USA drop on Iraq? That was a deliberate man-made act to eliminate people, the hurricane was not - so which was worse, God or Man? (USA man to be specific)
    Last edited by antichrist; 03-09-2005 at 11:32 AM.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    The damage caused by the hurricane is mainly to property and probably the same as only a planeful of clusterbombs, and how many planeloads did USA drop on Iraq? That was a deliberate man-made act to eliminate people, the hurricane was not - so which was worse, God or Man? (USA man to be specific)
    The tragic situation in New Orleans is not to be compared with Iraq, only a fool would try to make such a shallow and pathetic comparison. The one thing that links them is that people died that would rather have lived, this is not a political game!

Regardless of America's stupidity elsewhere, these people are just as deserving of our compassion and sympathy as any on the planet.

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    If USA had about a two hundred New Orleans they may get an inkling of what they are inflicting upon Iraq. The callice destructure of infrastructure and life in Iraq was deliberate , where in New Orleans it is only infrastructure and was "unavoidable".

The New Orleanians by their own suffering may learn a little something of what their nation is doing overseas. That is the only good that could come out of it. But I won't hold my breath.
    Last edited by antichrist; 03-09-2005 at 05:07 PM.

CC International Master WhiteElephant's Avatar
    Bergil mate, take it easy. You have called MS foolish, gg a simpleton and A/C a fool in the space of a few posts. Argue, the point, mate, namecalling is not required.

On the subject of Matthew's original post, I don't believe the USA is filth, they are displaying the arrogance characteristic of the dominant power, which history has shown will likely lead to its own downfall. I don't think this is a problem peculiar to the USA, it is simply human nature when granted too much power, at the individual or national level. Remember that poem we all studied at high school: 'I am Ozymandias, King of Kings........'

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteElephant
    I don't believe the USA is filth, they are displaying the arrogance characteristic of the dominant power...
    WE, perhaps you have a different understanding to me, of the word "filth." I mean it as being corrupting, polluting, deceiving, immoral blah blah blah. As such, a hedgemony such as the USA cannot be anything but filth. To re-jig a phrase to fit your own description of the USA, an arrogant dominating power corrupts, and an absolutely arrogant dominating power corrupts absolutely.

The whole man made New Orleans-Katrina disaster has grown from a corrupting, polluting, deceiving, immoral society. Thus, USA is filth.

WE, perhaps you have a different understanding to me, of the word "filth." I mean it as being corrupting, polluting, deceiving, immoral blah blah blah. As such, a hedgemony such as the USA cannot be anything but filth. To re-jig a phrase to fit your own description of the USA, an arrogant dominating power corrupts, and an absolutely arrogant dominating power corrupts absolutely.

The whole man made New Orleans-Katrina disaster has grown from a corrupting, polluting, deceiving, immoral society. Thus, USA is filth.
    I agree that what is happening to the USA is an undesirable extreme consequence of the free market system. There is much corruption, immorality, etc as you say. However, I do not feel comfortable labelling an entire country as filth - seems a bit strong. There are many individuals living in the USA who:
    1) Do not agree with the policies of the prevailing political powers
    2) Are not happy with the prevailing economic system but have little power to change it
    As with the Roman empire, the USA will surely implode in its own arrogance (perhaps Australia will follow?). The trick is to learn from this and design a system in which there is disincentive for those in power to be corrupt and attempt to dominate those around them. But perhaps this is not possible, I don't know.

One thing that has been shown up by Hurricane Katrina is how little things have really changed since September 11, 2001 in getting help to those who need it.

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    One thing that has been shown up by Hurricane Katrina is how little things have really changed since September 11, 2001 in getting help to those who need it.
    Wasn't there a massive effort to help survivors of 911 - huge spending on relief efforts, thousands of volunteers coming to help from all over the USA, celebrities and others doing fundraising, charities putting all their resources into helping.....

Thread Information