Page 4 of 165 FirstFirst ... 234561454104 ... LastLast
    CC Candidate Master
    Overmars retired due to knee-knack but he was good,very good and it always puzzled me why Arsenal let him go.We don't know what went on behind the scenes. Yes, Arsenal miss Viera big time thats why they tried so hard to sign up Baptista....

CC Rookie
    Quote Originally Posted by McTaggart
    Overmars retired due to knee-knack but he was good,very good and it always puzzled me why Arsenal let him go.We don't know what went on behind the scenes. Yes, Arsenal miss Viera big time thats why they tried so hard to sign up Baptista....
    Well guys, after seeing the ist couple of rounds of EPL, I think when the transfer window opens, some of the big clubs need to get their checkbooks out.

Its a great pity we don't see more of the top Brazilian forwards wanting to play in EPL. I guess language and lure of big $$ from la Liga and Serie A. The talent scouts need to raid the Portugese League more often for the 'next big thing' b4 the Italians and Spaniards get hold of them.

One of the clubs should have also bought Roy Makaay - I believe he now playing in the German comp. Ballack is the other player there whom Arsenal/Man U will be chasing.

CC Candidate Master
    Everton go down the plug-hole once again.That makes it 15 losses out of their last 21 games.according to reports,they were never in the game,got out-played from the start to finish.their most notable signing P Neville got a yellow and should have got a red. God,you would have to feel sorry for Moyes.

CC Rookie
    Everton go down the plug-hole once again.That makes it 15 losses out of their last 21 games.according to reports,they were never in the game,got out-played from the start to finish.their most notable signing P Neville got a yellow and should have got a red. God,you would have to feel sorry for Moyes.
    My heart bleeds for them I support their 'better' half of Merseyside.

I don't think they have ever recovered from the loss of Graveson and didn't they sell one of their centre backs as well? Their defence is leaking goals esp to teams with potent strikeforces.

They managed to get away with it last season but not this time.

CC International Master four four two's Avatar
    Match report for Australias 2nd group game in U17 world championship.

Mexico 3-Australia 0

What can I say,they had no bloody tactics,how can you expect 1 lone forward to beat 2-3 players?. Australia has done very well in past U20 and U17 championships, but this year the management/coaching style is way off the mark. They just werent building up attacking play,playing the long ball game with a 3-5-2 formation against a quick counter attacking team was always going to leave us exposed at the back,we were lucky it was only 3 nil,it could have easily been 6 nil. Hopefull they will come up with a better game plan against Uruguay in their last group match.

After 9 games Nottingham Forest is mid table in 3rd division,oh how times have changed,dark days indeed. 1979 must seem so far away...

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by four four two
    After 9 games Nottingham Forest is mid table in 3rd division,oh how times have changed,dark days indeed. 1979 must seem so far away...
    No only seem, it was mate. That's 26 years ago. Many generations in soccer team terms. Especially these money driven days when a team can go from top to bottom of a division from one season to the next.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Hey,they were the strongest team in the world for two years...still a long way to drop.

CC Candidate Master
    Hey,they were the strongest team in the world for two years...still a long way to drop.
    Oh for the good old days when a team could win the then 2nd division and then next season win the first! I think it only has been done twice. Do you remember by whom,i'll help with Spurs as one but who was the other? Now the Premiership is too predictable,money has warped the natural order of things. Look at Chelsea,the reserves would make a very respectable first team some where else.David O'Leary expressed it some time ago,saying that his club,Aston Villa, could only realistically hope for a top 6th or 5th place,no more than that. The Americans introduced a salary cap into Basketball/baseball to rectify this very situation and also the concept of draft picks to spread out the talent. I think that the Premiership will come around to this way of thinking because the first signs of disinterest are showing in the attendance figures. Question; do you know how much it would cost you to watch Chelsea fo one game? and how much to see Juventus?

Depending on where you sit at Stamford its about 70 pounds,pretty steep.
    Having said that have you checked some of the prices in the 3rd division,average is about 16 pounds =40 australian dollars!

McTaggart ,whats your opinion on the rich guy from Lithuania[worth about 500 million] who bought Hearts? Good for scottish football?

CC Candidate Master
    Depending on where you sit at Stamford its about 70 pounds,pretty steep.
    Having said that have you checked some of the prices in the 3rd division,average is about 16 pounds =40 australian dollars!

McTaggart ,whats your opinion on the rich guy from Lithuania[worth about 500 million] who bought Hearts? Good for scottish football?
    I read recently that to watch Crawley in the Conference League,about A League standard,was something of that order,whereas you could pay about GBP12.50 to watch Juve!! Rich Lithuanians will do a lot of good in the short term for Scottish Football,God knows they need help, and it will hopefully break the duoply of the Old Firm....If you knew how these guys make their billions it is enough to make you sick. Abramovich got his by shafting 100,000's of dumb Russian workers,buying their shares in Sibneft for a pittance,the poor saps were given a shareholding in the oil company by Yeltsin but they did not know what to do with them. These were in lieu of wages....Abramovich set up booths in each town/city buying up like mad! Well , you know the rest. He is facing a 2 billion dollar suit! what will happen to Chelsea if he loses?

They will probably be bought by some rich oil sheik for half the price.

Match report for U17 world championship: Australia 2-Uruguay 1

Australia FINALLY gets its act together and beats somebody. Well better late than never,but there will still be alot of questions asked about coaching tactics, and if there isnt the future of youth players in this country will be pretty grim.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlhs
    My heart bleeds for them I support their 'better' half of Merseyside.
    There is no such thing!

Let me guess Bergil,a Man U fan? Or perhaps one of those fancy clubs in London eh?

Thread Information