Page 165 of 165 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165
Results 2,461 to 2,472 of 2472
    CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    My pick to win is Brazil (yet again). Great to see Chelsea's Willian playing well for them. Not to mention Neymar...Maybe England will make the final. That would be nice. I was watching on black and white tv in London when they won the 1966 World Cup. They have not won since, of course. Maybe their time has come again?
    Brazil and Croatia are looking good...but anyone can win...
    Interested in Chess Lessons?
    Email webbaron!@gmail.com for more Info!

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by junior View Post
    im writing this to say i know nothing about soccer , i predicted Germany would go further then France and every other team , so i would like to say i know nothing about football , France is a very good team , much better then Germany

overall , i know nothing about soccer
    I think the World Cup is very hard to predict even for someone who knows a lot about soccer. Modellers at the start were not giving any team more than a 20% chance of winning. The group stage is chancy enough but the fact that there are then 4 stages of single-game knockouts means there is a big random element.

CC FIDE Master
    @ Michael Baron

I can't see Croatia go that far. They weren't that convincing against one of the weakest Danish teams ever seen. I'm on holidays in Sweden and the local party was still going when England and Columbia played ... Since the late 60'es "all" Scandinavian are brought up with English football, especially on mud lanes in Midlands ... Wolves ... Aston Villa ... Derby ... Later WBA ...

Quote Originally Posted by machomortensen View Post
    @ Michael Baron

I can't see Croatia go that far. They weren't that convincing against one of the weakest Danish teams ever seen. I'm on holidays in Sweden and the local party was still going when England and Columbia played ... Since the late 60'es "all" Scandinavian are brought up with English football, especially on mud lanes in Midlands ... Wolves ... Aston Villa ... Derby ... Later WBA ...
    The Swedes will be partying even more after beating the Swiss.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC FIDE Master
    The first game yesterday was Switzerland vs Sweden and the party - at least in Motala - went on and on ... I left for my hotel after the last penalty. Anyway, Adamski, I hope that you enjoy the rest of the games.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by machomortensen View Post
    The first game yesterday was Switzerland vs Sweden and the party - at least in Motala - went on and on ... I left for my hotel after the last penalty. Anyway, Adamski, I hope that you enjoy the rest of the games.
    Sweden can play well even without Ibragimovic!

Cavani has a calf injury.He has not been training.Sensational player for Uruguay and a serious loss if he does not play v France. I recall Ronaldo helped him off the field.

So, as Trent said on Facebook, 3 of the 4 remaining teams border the English Channel. Can England go all the way? We will see.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC Grandmaster
    Cannot say the better team won, but the fates were not with Croatia today despite their incredible performance all month. Congrats to France and Bravo Hrvatska! (Gary Kasparov)

CC International Master four four two's Avatar
    Blimey..why has this thread been abandoned?.. Girona beats Real Madrid..courtesy of another red from Ramos and Wolves/Crystal Palace/Swansea/Millwall are still in the FA Cup.
    Is reunification possible?..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82PBpw2Vg0

And Forest Green Rovers. are still among the playoff candidates in League 2
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

CC FIDE Master
    And Robbie Kruse is on his way out from VfL Bochum ...

Thread Information