Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

1st$750,2nd$450,3rd$250 MCC championship

real prize money for a real club championship http://home.vicnet.net.au/~chessmel/

Grazie signore. Interesting pics of tables and chairs. Say, some pics links don't work. Also, any1 in those pics who post here?

AR

yeah a few.hey we put that dollar sign up there and all the mickey mouse clubs go really quiet,why dont they tell every one about their prize money he he he.

Two questions whats the annual club membership fee for the MCC and what is the entry fee for the MCC club championship.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Account Permanently Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby1972
    yeah a few.hey we put that dollar sign up there and all the mickey mouse clubs go really quiet,why dont they tell every one about their prize money he he he.

hi Ascaro

Not like you my friend to lapse into the politicking. In fact I can recall you chastising other BBer's for politicking and not concentrating on the chess.

Can you advise us the Visitors fee to play in your championship; and I will give you a pawn start.

starter

The MCC Championship is not open to non members, it is the only tournament throughout the year that is not. The members are always well rewarded with generous prizes.

For the record the Membership is $100 and $150 that equates to S2-3 per week, or 25-40 per day/ The MCC membership is in fact cheaper than some other clubs open once a week, as I know of one in particular which charges $3 per night, plus $20 yearly subscription (and it is a good club).

I do not think membership prizes are a problem at MCC.
    Cannot quote the entry prizes, as I do nto have them available

What is the demographic of you membership? Gimme employ stats, age, gender, all the usual stuff. Just curious.

AR

Arosar there are two reasons I cannot do that
    One is that the information you ask for is confidential, and it would be innappropriate to give these stats without express written consent. Secondly the information I would be able to provide would be outdateed anyway, and therefore incorrect

CC Rookie
    yeah ok,a little politics slip in there.you know i just trying to tell every one we are a real chessclub not just a name that gets bashed on the bb all the time.by the way i plan to join and play at other clubs this year and i would not like any body nocking them either .i would like to take this oportunity to tell every one about my "specktacular" thread man he won in 19 moves with Rg7+ against a 2498!!.
    ascaro.

Account Permanently Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bobby1992
    yeah ok,a little politics slip in there.you know i just trying to tell every one we are a real chessclub not just a name that gets bashed on the bb all the time.by the way i plan to join and play at other clubs this year and i would not like any body nocking them either .i would like to take this oportunity to tell every one about my "specktacular" thread man he won in 19 moves with Rg7+ against a 2498!!.
    ascaro.
    Because we love your accent and your cheerful disposition Ascaro we let you slip the politics in.

But if you don't let visitors in then why did you advertise the Championship. Just a teaser eh?

starter

Quote Originally Posted by WBA
    Arosar there are two reasons I cannot do that
    One is that the information you ask for is confidential, and it would be innappropriate to give these stats without express written consent. Secondly the information I would be able to provide would be outdateed anyway, and therefore incorrect
    Give us a break. Written consent. What a load of crock.
    If someone asked a club member to describe the composition of his club membership whether it be chess, football, tennis or whatever it is reasonable to expect a response and not given some lame ass excuse.
    It certainly wouldnt be forbidden by any club constitution unless the MCC's is based on the KKK's.

He did not ask for their name, rank and serial number.
    Info such as x men, y women, z juniors isnt breaking any sort of confidentiality. It certainly isnt covered by privacy laws.
    As for out of date you could always preface your comments by "back in xxxx the membership breakdown was as follows".

Your previous posts indicated you had some brains.
    This last one seems to indicate they have taken a vacation. [-X

BG I was more talking about the members employment than the age, sex etc.

I believe this is sensitive, and is information the club should not give out. Of course this is useful information that the club asks on membership forms, but not something they should share.

As for the brains part Bill........ not worth the response actually

If you are only interested in the Men/Women & Children breakdown, I will be happy to present this information,but again I will not discuss how many members are lawyers, couriers etc. If the current registrar wants to pass this through to the noard they can, but I will not be.

Starter

that is good old ascaro trying to send some business MCC way, the more members the merrier.

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Whats up Merv?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA
    BG I was more talking about the members employment than the age, sex etc.

I believe this is sensitive, and is information the club should not give out. Of course this is useful information that the club asks on membership forms, but not something they should share.

As for the brains part Bill........ not worth the response actually

If you are only interested in the Men/Women & Children breakdown, I will be happy to present this information,but again I will not discuss how many members are lawyers, couriers etc. If the current registrar wants to pass this through to the noard they can, but I will not be.
    AR did ask for a lot of info, but you provided absolutely NOTHING.
    Given your previous posts I would have expected your response to have given whatever information you felt was ok to provide instead of just dismissing his post entirely.

Lets just say that it was disappointing and seemed to lack any real thought on your part.
    Hence the brains on vacation comment seemed on the mark.

Thread Information