Page 4 of 59 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by four four two
    And to think only a few months ago Howard was saying this bb was a waste of time and pointless posting here....
    Ho Ho - I hate to be a Bonham, forfy, but would please point out where I said that?
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

CC International Master four four two's Avatar
    I have been trying to find the post where you talked about your son Howard and how you would be better off spending time with him than the regulars on this bb,which is entirely your perogative. The queensland debates werent exactly making you happy were they?

And you have to admit that you have become alot more active in the last few weeks.
    Is reunification possible?..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82PBpw2Vg0

CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar
    Howard has a son called Howard? Who does he think he is, George Foreman?
    "On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

Forfy. I came on to thos board when I was alerted to a cyber version of the that we had been experiencing in Queensland.

I had time to be on this BB because my wife and son were in NSW. It is true that the style of debate which I had hoped for, and was used to conducting IRL, was reduced to [insert words of your choice here].

It was certainly an eye-opener - similar to how I imagine the faction fighting in the ALP to be.

My last post was a pic of my son and an explanation of why I was signing off - he was coming home. The primary purpose of that post to avoid certain claims of running from an argument. Let's be honest, they would surely have come if I just disappeared.

In answer to your statements, it is true that the Qld debates weren't making me happy - in a pearl before swine sort of a way. I was trying to concede some issues and create a balanced position. But, much like the debates that still rage, there's very little room for conceding etc..

I could probably manage it now that I have a profile, but back then, David, Jason and Dion in particular were having none of it. Anyhoo, ancient history and I have reasonable dialogue with all of them.

But none of that changes the fact you said "only to think months ago, this BB was a waste of time. That's a misrepresentation - unintentional I'm sure.
    Last edited by Basil; 20-05-2006 at 07:30 PM.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

CC International Master ElevatorEscapee's Avatar
    Sounds a bit like the old 'post a link where I said what you say I said or admit that you misrepresnted me' game that we play on here from time to time.

I expect at least a five page argument about this!
    "On my chess set, all the pawns are Hamburglers" ~ Homer Simpson.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belthasar
    Hey Kevin:

Howard Duggan

379 posts

6.27 posts per day
    Yeah, the scary thing is that when I checked that Howard was on about 3 ppd and was in about 12th or 13th place. He's just in front of starter now in 4th place on ppd and will indeed quite possibly be #2 on ppd soon.

Michael Baron (5.44 ppd) has also entered the top ppd list and is now 7th on it ahead of four four two, Matthew Sweeney and arosar making up the rest of the top ten on ppd. So there are now three posters outside the top ten on posts but in the top ten on ppd.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Michael Baron (5.44 ppd) has also entered the top ppd list and is now 7th on it ahead of four four two, Matthew Sweeney and arosar making up the rest of the top ten on ppd. So there are now three posters outside the top ten on posts but in the top ten on ppd.
    statisical anomalies, lets see them keep it up over the long haul

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    Garv - don't throw down challenges like that - I'm all geered to ween myself off - and you and say something like that

One for you maths types:

21 members online, of which
    17 are alphabetised in the A-M's [first 1/2]
    4 in the second half, of which
    3 are 'S'

There must be a standard deviation wipeout, whacko thingo there.

Graph please!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Howard Duggan
    One for you maths types:

21 members online, of which
    17 are alphabetised in the A-M's [first 1/2]
    4 in the second half, of which
    3 are 'S'

There must be a standard deviation wipeout, whacko thingo there.

Graph please!!!
    I believe starter has discussed this previously.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    In my experience on other forums, posters who start with very high ppd rates tend to settle down after a while. However the highest posting rates on this forum are not that high (I've seen posters getting 30 ppd on others) so not sure if that will apply here.

Most active in the last month:

Code:
    Howard Duggan 	542
    antichrist 	305
    ggrayggray	247
    Kevin Bonham 	239
    four four two 	235
    Axiom     	201
    Bill Gletsos 	189
    Michael Baron 	155
    Rincewind	146
    Boris		145
    ElevatorEscapee	125
    Igor Goldenberg 122
    pax		120
    bergil		115
    White Elephant 	114
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

Yeah, the scary thing is that when I checked that Howard was on about 3 ppd and was in about 12th or 13th place. He's just in front of starter now in 4th place on ppd and will indeed quite possibly be #2 on ppd soon.

Kev, has that been calculated on the amount of time Matt has been a member, or the amount of time he's been on the board and unsuspended? (If you take out all his holidays he could be the top poster.)

Mind there have been a few other odd posts in this thread today:

F'rinstance:
    Quote Originally Posted by ElevatorEscapee
    Howard has a son called Howard? Who does he think he is, George Foreman?
    You're way ahead of me on that one, EE. I saw George interviewed during the Commonwealth Games and he's an most interesting bloke . . . but he didn't say a single thing about having a son called Howard!

And then:
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Duggan
    I could probably manage it now that I have a profile, but back then, David, Jason and Dion
    I thought it was so warm in Queensland, Howzer, even at this time of the year, that you'd never get a touch of frost. Still, if David Jason is playing chess in the sunshine state . . .
    Visit my chess blog: http://blog.chess.com/Dozy

Quote Originally Posted by Dozy
    Kev, has that been calculated on the amount of time Matt has been a member, or the amount of time he's been on the board and unsuspended? (If you take out all his holidays he could be the top poster.)
    It's on the total amount of time he's been a member. I don't think he'd be top on PPD with that time taken out since this board started 1/1/04 and I estimate Matt has been banned for less than 1 year total out of the 2.5 years since.

Account Permanently Banned Arrogant-One's Avatar
    I've created this this thread as a home for rubbish about forum statistics and other oddities. Starter may wish to post his postcount speculations here in future.

The current top ten posters by postcount are:

1. Bill Gletsos 6623 (1)
    2. ggrayggray 4757 (7)
    3. starter 4315 (8)
    4. Rincewind 3562 (6)
    5. Kevin Bonham 3351 (4)
    6. arosar 3004 (5)
    7. skip to my lou 2879 (-)
    8. antichrist 2535 (17)
    9. Matthew Sweeney 2268 (2)
    10. Belthasar 2222 (46)
    Is this not bragging? I thought bragging wasn't allowed on BB.

Thread Information