Page 24 of 63 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Yesterday (April 24) was the quietest day of the year so far with only 48 total posts, and also the quietest since Aug 6 2008 (41) but today (April 25) has been quite active with 111 total posts already with five hours to go, and April 23 also had over 100 total posts.

As with Easter, there's a sort of past pattern of quietness around Anzac Day, but not a consistent one, and this year the quiet day fell the day before Anzac Day rather than on Anzac Day itself.

In 2008, April 25 (44 posts) was the third quietest day of the year and the quietest of a run of six consecutive sub-100 post days.

In 2007, April 25 (47) was the 15th quietest day of the year and the quietest of a run of nine consecutive sub-100 post days.

In 2004, April 25 (50) was the 44th quietest day of the year and the quietest of a run of four consecutive sub-100 post days.

However in 2005, April 25 (169) was well above average and part of a run of 16 consecutive 100+ post days, while in 2006, April 25 (183) was again way above average and part of a run of 12 consecutive 100+ post days.

It looks like in both 2005 and 2006 there were CC tournaments going that had freshly started.

CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    DeMann is an easy one to miss if you forget that Teen Forum is a part of the Non-Chess section.
    huh??
    IMABACK

The background was in post 331. What I was saying was that it was easy for those answering those questions to not notice that a high %age of your posts were in non-chess, because those posts were actually in the Teens Forum, which is a subforum of non-chess, and which some of the adult posters might not be thinking of when they are thinking about "non-chess".

CC International Master AzureBlue's Avatar

Question

20.0% non-chess, which is relatively low.
    Wow, how do you calculate that?

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlue
    Wow, how do you calculate that?
    I used the Advanced Search function, put the username under User Name, and highlighted the Non-Chess section under Search in Forum(s). Then I divided the total number of posts that came up by the user's post count (from the member list).

Oh, and I used admin powers to temporarily increase the number of items a search could return.

Your non-chess ratio is 51.8%.

Yesterday (April 24) was the quietest day of the year so far with only 48 total posts, and also the quietest since Aug 6 2008 (41) but today (April 25) has been quite active with 111 total posts already with five hours to go, and April 23 also had over 100 total posts.

As with Easter, there's a sort of past pattern of quietness around Anzac Day, but not a consistent one, and this year the quiet day fell the day before Anzac Day rather than on Anzac Day itself.

In 2008, April 25 (44 posts) was the third quietest day of the year and the quietest of a run of six consecutive sub-100 post days.

In 2007, April 25 (47) was the 15th quietest day of the year and the quietest of a run of nine consecutive sub-100 post days.

In 2004, April 25 (50) was the 44th quietest day of the year and the quietest of a run of four consecutive sub-100 post days.

However in 2005, April 25 (169) was well above average and part of a run of 16 consecutive 100+ post days, while in 2006, April 25 (183) was again way above average and part of a run of 12 consecutive 100+ post days.

It looks like in both 2005 and 2006 there were CC tournaments going that had freshly started.
    dont come up with feeble excuses, it was because I was still barred and the place just dies, that is why I don't miss it when away

Bit like The Man (DE Mann) they love to come to see me lose

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    dont come up with feeble excuses, it was because I was still barred and the place just dies, that is why I don't miss it when away
    In April you were banned for 14 days. For the days that you were unbanned for all or most of the average total postcount was 97 posts, and for the days that you were free to post for most or all of, the average total postcount was 119.

Your own average total postcount for the 16 days on which you were mostly or entirely unbanned was 6.4 ppd. Thus the difference in activity of other posters between the days you were banned on and the days you were unbanned on was only 16%. Replies to you would have been a small part of that difference and the rest is very likely nothing to do with your presence or absence.

Also April 25 was actually the busiest day of the whole month, but on that day you were still banned.

CC International Master Space_Dude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Bit like The Man (DE Mann) they love to come to see me lose
    Since when was i involved in this...??
    IMABACK

I used the Advanced Search function, put the username under User Name, and highlighted the Non-Chess section under Search in Forum(s). Then I divided the total number of posts that came up by the user's post count (from the member list).

Oh, and I used admin powers to temporarily increase the number of items a search could return.

Your non-chess ratio is 51.8%.
    Is that relatively.. high?
    (it's probably more than that now)

Quote Originally Posted by AzureBlue
    Is that relatively.. high?
    Fairly high; the average is about mid-30s.

CC Candidate Master
    Fairly high; the average is about mid-30s.
    I'd bet my non-chess post count is about 90% or more

Quote Originally Posted by Sinister
    I'd bet my non-chess post count is about 90% or more
    Correct; it's 89.6%

CC Candidate Master
    Correct; it's 89.6%
    that is amazing
    thanks KB

Shortly after 7pm this evening (or thereabouts ) littlesprout85 moved into the second spot on the shoutbox ladder, surpassing Axiom but still approximately 10,000 (inane) shouts behind our favourite monumental shoutbox dribbler, justaknight.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunner Duggan
    Shortly after 7pm this evening (or thereabouts ) littlesprout85 moved into the second spot on the shoutbox ladder, surpassing Axiom but still approximately 10,000 (inane) shouts behind our favourite monumental shoutbox dribbler, justaknight.
    Whoa, that's alotta shouts - 28712!!

Thread Information