Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 331 to 345 of 939
  1. #331
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,902
    I temporarily increased the number of searchable results so I could look at proportion of posts that posters have made in the non-chess section. Because I am an admin the search returns deleted posts, so the figure I am actually looking at is (number of posts a poster has made to non-chess including deleted ones) divided by (poster's postcount, not including CC game posts and deleted posts). However it should be a pretty good guide to how often given posters post in the non-chess section, on the whole.

    So, for anyone up for another challenge (and hopefully I've got the results right):

    Of the top 60 posters by postcount, name the five, in order and excluding NewsBot, who least often post in non-chess as a proportion of their postcount

    (1 point for each correct name, 1 extra point for each one in the right place, 1 further extra point for first in the right place)

    Of the top 60 posters by postcount, name the five, in order, who most often post in non-chess as a proportion of their postcount

    (As above but no extra bonus for first. It is too easy.)

    One of the above lists could change dramatically in the fairly near future. Why?

    (2 points)

    Which poster, excluding NewsBot, has the highest postcount of those who have never posted in the non-chess section at all?

    (2 points)

    To see top 60 posters by postcount click on Members List and then click on "Posts" to sort in order (you should get me on the top with qpawn currently at the bottom of page 2. So at the moment the top 60 is everyone with 586 posts or more.)

    Answers (pretty sure I've got them right this time!) will be posted late Monday night or Tuesday.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 17-04-2009 at 11:01 PM.

  2. #332
    CC Grandmaster Desmond's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    The island
    Posts
    13,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I temporarily increased the number of searchable results so I could look at proportion of posts that posters have made in the non-chess section. Because I am an admin the search returns deleted posts, so the figure I am actually looking at is (number of posts a poster has made to non-chess including deleted ones) divided by (poster's postcount, not including CC game posts and deleted posts). However it should be a pretty good guide to how often given posters post in the non-chess section, on the whole.

    So, for anyone up for another challenge (and hopefully I've got the results right):

    Of the top 60 posters by postcount, name the five, in order and excluding NewsBot, who least often post in non-chess as a proportion of their postcount

    (1 point for each correct name, 1 extra point for each one in the right place, 1 further extra point for first in the right place)
    Jenni
    BIll Gletsos
    Ian Rout
    Brian Jones
    Scott Colliver

    Of the top 60 posters by postcount, name the five, in order, who most often post in non-chess as a proportion of their postcount

    (As above but no extra bonus for first. It is too easy.)
    The Joker
    Jono
    Axiom
    pax
    White elephant

    One of the above lists could change dramatically in the fairly near future. Why?

    (2 points)
    No idea. Are you considering merging or moving some forums or subforums?
    Which poster, excluding NewsBot, has the highest postcount of those who have never posted in the non-chess section at all?

    (2 points)
    Elwood Bendigo
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

    See you in another life, brotha.

  3. #333
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Jenni
    BIll Gletsos
    Ian Rout
    Brian Jones
    Scott Colliver
    Me? I doubt it. I used to post quite a bit in non-chess.
    Scott

  4. #334
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    No idea. Are you considering merging or moving some forums or subforums?
    That happens sometimes but that isn't it.

  5. #335
    CC Grandmaster Basil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Subtropical Brisbane, Australia
    Posts
    11,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Of the top 60 posters by postcount, name the five, in order, who most often post in non-chess as a proportion of their postcount
    1. Axiom
    2. antichrist *added later
    3. Adamski
    4. Jono
    5. Gunner Duggan

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Which poster, excluding NewsBot, has the highest postcount of those who have never posted in the non-chess section at all?
    I'm surprised there is such a beast.

    That's all I got, Jerry.
    Last edited by Basil; 19-04-2009 at 05:35 PM.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

  6. #336
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,902
    Not enough interest to justify "marking" results as such but here are the answers.

    Of the top 60 posters by postcount, name the five, in order and excluding NewsBot, who least often post in non-chess as a proportion of their postcount

    I get:

    Brian Jones 7.0%
    drug 8.1%
    Ian Rout 8.4%
    Dennis Jessop 11.0%
    jenni 11.3%

    Boris had three of these and Bill who is not far outside (13.3%). As Scott Colliver notes, he (Scott) does post in NC fairly often, albeit still below the forum average (27.2%)

    Of the top 60 posters by postcount, name the five, in order, who most often post in non-chess as a proportion of their postcount

    I get:

    TheJoker 97.7%
    DeMann 80.7%
    Axiom 74.8%
    Jono 74.0%
    THE 64.8%

    DeMann is an easy one to miss if you forget that Teen Forum is a part of the Non-Chess section.

    antichrist (54.9%) would be closer to inclusion had not one of his larger efforts been taken offline. Adamski 53.8% and Gunner Duggan 49% are high but not that high. pax only 37%, WE only 34.5.

    One of the above lists could change dramatically in the fairly near future. Why?

    D Dragicevic and bobby1972 are 62nd and 64th on the poster list and have much lower proportions of non-chess posts (2.46% and 2.58% when I checked a few days ago) than any of the top 60 posters.

    Which poster, excluding NewsBot, has the highest postcount of those who have never posted in the non-chess section at all?

    brett (0/304).

  7. #337
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Picton, The Dilly, NSW
    Posts
    2,936
    ok KB who are the top sixty posters?

  8. #338
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,570
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent Parker
    ok KB who are the top sixty posters?
    http://www.chesschat.org/memberlist....rt=posts&pp=60
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  9. #339
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,444
    Only 27.2%. It would have been a lot higher at some point. I suspect that in the time since Boris joined the BB (just over 2 years ago) I would be very close to fitting into the list.
    Scott

  10. #340
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,902
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver
    Only 27.2%. It would have been a lot higher at some point. I suspect that in the time since Boris joined the BB (just over 2 years ago) I would be very close to fitting into the list.
    Scott
    Actually in the last year 35% of your posts have been in non-chess!

  11. #341
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    3,444
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Actually in the last year 35% of your posts have been in non-chess!
    I am surprised, shocked at my own actions. What was I doing???? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Scott

  12. #342
    Premium Member ER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    12,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver
    I am surprised, shocked at my own actions. What was I doing???? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Scott
    lol Scotty, I think stop posting in threads like this one is a good start!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

    https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

    In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

  13. #343
    Premium Member ER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    12,410
    Kevin is it possible to have my chess vs non/chess postings ratio please? Thanks in advance!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

    https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

    In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

  14. #344
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    38,902
    Quote Originally Posted by justaknight
    Kevin is it possible to have my chess vs non/chess postings ratio please? Thanks in advance!
    20.0% non-chess, which is relatively low.

  15. #345
    Premium Member ER's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Melbourne - Australia
    Posts
    12,410
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    20.0% non-chess, which is relatively low.
    thanks, I was expecting it to be low, although I had some doubts about the percentage, since sometimes I am carried away with non Chess stuff!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

    https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

    In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •