Page 23 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I temporarily increased the number of searchable results so I could look at proportion of posts that posters have made in the non-chess section. Because I am an admin the search returns deleted posts, so the figure I am actually looking at is (number of posts a poster has made to non-chess including deleted ones) divided by (poster's postcount, not including CC game posts and deleted posts). However it should be a pretty good guide to how often given posters post in the non-chess section, on the whole.

So, for anyone up for another challenge (and hopefully I've got the results right):

Of the top 60 posters by postcount, name the five, in order and excluding NewsBot, who least often post in non-chess as a proportion of their postcount

(1 point for each correct name, 1 extra point for each one in the right place, 1 further extra point for first in the right place)

Of the top 60 posters by postcount, name the five, in order, who most often post in non-chess as a proportion of their postcount

(As above but no extra bonus for first. It is too easy.)

One of the above lists could change dramatically in the fairly near future. Why?

(2 points)

Which poster, excluding NewsBot, has the highest postcount of those who have never posted in the non-chess section at all?

(2 points)

To see top 60 posters by postcount click on Members List and then click on "Posts" to sort in order (you should get me on the top with qpawn currently at the bottom of page 2. So at the moment the top 60 is everyone with 586 posts or more.)

Answers (pretty sure I've got them right this time!) will be posted late Monday night or Tuesday.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 17-04-2009 at 11:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I temporarily increased the number of searchable results so I could look at proportion of posts that posters have made in the non-chess section. Because I am an admin the search returns deleted posts, so the figure I am actually looking at is (number of posts a poster has made to non-chess including deleted ones) divided by (poster's postcount, not including CC game posts and deleted posts). However it should be a pretty good guide to how often given posters post in the non-chess section, on the whole.

So, for anyone up for another challenge (and hopefully I've got the results right):

Of the top 60 posters by postcount, name the five, in order and excluding NewsBot, who least often post in non-chess as a proportion of their postcount

(1 point for each correct name, 1 extra point for each one in the right place, 1 further extra point for first in the right place)
    Jenni
    BIll Gletsos
    Ian Rout
    Brian Jones
    Scott Colliver

Of the top 60 posters by postcount, name the five, in order, who most often post in non-chess as a proportion of their postcount

(As above but no extra bonus for first. It is too easy.)
    The Joker
    Jono
    Axiom
    pax
    White elephant

One of the above lists could change dramatically in the fairly near future. Why?

(2 points)
    No idea. Are you considering merging or moving some forums or subforums?
    Which poster, excluding NewsBot, has the highest postcount of those who have never posted in the non-chess section at all?

(2 points)
    Elwood Bendigo
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    Jenni
    BIll Gletsos
    Ian Rout
    Brian Jones
    Scott Colliver
    Me? I doubt it. I used to post quite a bit in non-chess.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Boris
    No idea. Are you considering merging or moving some forums or subforums?
    That happens sometimes but that isn't it.

1. Axiom
    2. antichrist *added later
    3. Adamski
    4. Jono
    5. Gunner Duggan

I'm surprised there is such a beast.

That's all I got, Jerry.
    Last edited by Basil; 19-04-2009 at 05:35 PM.
    There is no cure for leftism. Its infestation of the host mostly diminishes with age except in the most rabid of specimens.

Not enough interest to justify "marking" results as such but here are the answers.

I get:

Brian Jones 7.0%
    drug 8.1%
    Ian Rout 8.4%
    Dennis Jessop 11.0%
    jenni 11.3%

Boris had three of these and Bill who is not far outside (13.3%). As Scott Colliver notes, he (Scott) does post in NC fairly often, albeit still below the forum average (27.2%)

I get:

TheJoker 97.7%
    DeMann 80.7%
    Axiom 74.8%
    Jono 74.0%
    THE 64.8%

DeMann is an easy one to miss if you forget that Teen Forum is a part of the Non-Chess section.

antichrist (54.9%) would be closer to inclusion had not one of his larger efforts been taken offline. Adamski 53.8% and Gunner Duggan 49% are high but not that high. pax only 37%, WE only 34.5.

D Dragicevic and bobby1972 are 62nd and 64th on the poster list and have much lower proportions of non-chess posts (2.46% and 2.58% when I checked a few days ago) than any of the top 60 posters.

brett (0/304).

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    ok KB who are the top sixty posters?

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent Parker
    ok KB who are the top sixty posters?
    http://www.chesschat.org/memberlist....rt=posts&pp=60
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC Grandmaster
    Only 27.2%. It would have been a lot higher at some point. I suspect that in the time since Boris joined the BB (just over 2 years ago) I would be very close to fitting into the list.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver
    Only 27.2%. It would have been a lot higher at some point. I suspect that in the time since Boris joined the BB (just over 2 years ago) I would be very close to fitting into the list.
    Scott
    Actually in the last year 35% of your posts have been in non-chess!

CC Grandmaster
    Actually in the last year 35% of your posts have been in non-chess!
    I am surprised, shocked at my own actions. What was I doing???? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Colliver
    I am surprised, shocked at my own actions. What was I doing???? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Scott
    lol Scotty, I think stop posting in threads like this one is a good start!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

https://aus2020.chesschamp.net/

In defense of Capitalism.
    Money is the cause of all evil!
    Wrong
    Lack of money is the cause of all evil!

Kevin is it possible to have my chess vs non/chess postings ratio please? Thanks in advance!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

Quote Originally Posted by justaknight
    Kevin is it possible to have my chess vs non/chess postings ratio please? Thanks in advance!
    20.0% non-chess, which is relatively low.

20.0% non-chess, which is relatively low.
    thanks, I was expecting it to be low, although I had some doubts about the percentage, since sometimes I am carried away with non Chess stuff!
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Wrong

Thread Information