Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar

NSWCA plays favorites.

In the penultimate round of the U1600 Sydney Grade Matches, one or our opponents went bonkers after losing to our 14 year old player. Jumping up, swearing at us, and pointing at us individually, he called our “European” members and spectators Gypsies and the rest of us bastards of various types. He lunged our captain and threatened to “deck” him. The DOP, Peter Cassetari was witness to this fracas. He was unable to quiet the player even though he is also his club mate, and as a result had to order him out of the venue.

We (Wollongong) submitted a complaint to the NSWCA over this very serious incident. The behavior of this serial pest and bully, was every bit as serious as the Ilic incident (NSW Open 2004.) Ilic was immediately banned from all NSWCA events, and later was given a 2 year suspension.

Three days later after we sent the complaint, I was banned from playing NSWCA events until 2007. The ban is for language and comments made 5 months previously, on a private bulletin board, which was run by and paid for by me. Payback?

Incredibly, the player who threatened us a month ago, and is the club mate of NSWCA council heavy weight Peter Cassetari, played in the NSWCA City of Sydney Rapid last weekend.

The NSWCA appears to be playing favorites and creating boogymen. As if ordinary incompetence is not enough for the NSWCA council, it has to now add dodgy dealings to its list of failings.

Save Our Souls.

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Matt. What happened with your banning? weren't you asked to provide a reason why action should not be taken against you? Yes you did. Didn't you have your opportunity to come to the council meeting where your disciplinary actions were to be discussed? Yes you did. Don't you think this other person deserves the same proceedure? Ilic had this opportunity. The matter was brought to the councils attention too close to the July meeting so we could not discuss it much there other than to ask to show cause why disciplinary action should not be taken.......
    Last edited by Trent Parker; 16-08-2005 at 07:38 PM.
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    In the penultimate round of the U1600 Sydney Grade Matches,
    You cannot get even the simplist of facts correct.
    As the situation occurred on in round 9 and the U1600 Grades was 11 rounds then it did not occur in the penultimate round (10) at all.
    one or our opponents went bonkers after losing to our 14 year old player. Jumping up, swearing at us, and pointing at us individually, he called our “European” members and spectators Gypsies and the rest of us bastards of various types. He lunged our captain and threatened to “deck” him. The DOP, Peter Cassetari was witness to this fracas. He was unable to quiet the player even though he is also his club mate, and as a result had to order him out of the venue.

We (Wollongong) submitted a complaint to the NSWCA over this very serious incident. The behavior of this serial pest and bully, was every bit as serious as the Ilic incident (NSW Open 2004.) Ilic was immediately banned from all NSWCA events, and later was given a 2 year suspension.
    Another incorrect statement.
    Ilic was not banned immediately.
    He offended at the NSW Open on 12th June 2004.
    The matter was discussed at the 24th June 2004. At that meeting in line with the NSWCA Constitution Ilic was sent a letter to show cause.
    At the 29th July Council meeting Ilic was debarred from 29th July for a period of 2 years.
    Three days later after we sent the complaint, I was banned from playing NSWCA events until 2007. The ban is for language and comments made 5 months previously, on a private bulletin board, which was run by and paid for by me. Payback?
    I wont dignify this scurrilous claim with a comment.

Incredibly, the player who threatened us a month ago, and is the club mate of NSWCA council heavy weight Peter Cassetari, played in the NSWCA City of Sydney Rapid last weekend.
    You dont have to be an Einstein to work out why.
    He cannot be banned until after being given the opportunity to respond.
    The person you refer to offended on July 20th 2005.
    The Captain of Wollongong lodged a complaint with the Grade Match Arbiter on 21st July.
    The Grade Match Arbiter informed the Council on 22nd July and the item was added by the Secretary to the agenda on 22nd July for the 28th July Council meeting.
    The matter was discussed at the July Council meeting and it was decided a show cause letter should be sent to the offender.
    I would expect a decsion will be made with regards a suspension at the August Council meeting.
    The NSWCA appears to be playing favorites and creating boogymen. As if ordinary incompetence is not enough for the NSWCA council, it has to now add dodgy dealings to its list of failings.
    Utter rubbish. As usual you took no action to try and determine the facts before making your claims.
    It is no wonder you have no credibility.
    Save Our Souls.
    Yes, from your scurrilous claims.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Just on this note, what was Brett Tindall's performance in the Grade Matches?

AR

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    You cannot get even the simplist of facts correct.
    As the situation occurred on in round 9 and the U1600 Grades was 11 rounds then it did not occur in the penultimate round (10) at all.
    OK. The antipenultimate round. So kill me.

Ilic was not banned immediately.
    He offended at the NSW Open on 12th June 2004.
    The matter was discussed at the 24th June 2004. At that meeting in line with the NSWCA Constitution Ilic was sent a letter to show cause.
    At the 29th July Council meeting Ilic was debarred from 29th July for a period of 2 years.
    He was kicked out of the tournament and the venue and was told that if he returned, SECURITY would disembowel him. If there had been another NSWCA tournament the next weekend and he turned up to that he would not have been allowed to enter. Luckily there wasn't - I think.

If Ilic had been allowed to enter, the NSWCA would have been legally at risk of a massive claim had he played and jobbed someone. I hope that the NSWCA are not suggesting that a violent player should be allowed to keep playing until there has been a hearing.

He cannot be banned until after being given the opportunity to respond.
    Total lies! If some other fool was to go the grope or thieve some equipment, they would be O-U-T until a hearing.

The person you refer to offended on July 20th 2005 ... I would expect a decsion will be made with regards a suspension at the August Council meeting.
    So a person who goes bonkers and threatens players in an intimidating manner - a criminal assault BTW! - is for 5 weeks and at least one tournament, allowed to go about their usual MO.

NSWCA council has lost the plot! If a player in any other sport behaved in this manner, they would not be competing until after a/the hearing.

NSWCA should get some better legal advice, because had that player done a job on someone, which he looked like he might a the rapid, that $80k might have been vacuumed up into the pockets of lawyers.

I am pretty sure PC went in to bat for his club mate FK at the same meeting that I was shafted until 2007 for bad languge on a private bulletin board.

NSWCA is necrotic.

He was kicked out of the tournament and the venue and was told that if he returned, SECURITY would disembowel him. If there had been another NSWCA tournament the next weekend and he turned up to that he would not have been allowed to enter. Luckily there wasn't - I think.

If Ilic had been allowed to enter, the NSWCA would have been legally at risk of a massive claim had he played and jobbed someone. I hope that the NSWCA are not suggesting that a violent player should be allowed to keep playing until there has been a hearing.

Total lies! If some other fool was to go the grope or thieve some equipment, they would be O-U-T until a hearing.

So a person who goes bonkers and threatens players in an intimidating manner - a criminal assault BTW! - is for 5 weeks and at least one tournament, allowed to go about their usual MO.

NSWCA council has lost the plot! If a player in any other sport behaved in this manner, they would not be competing until after a/the hearing.

NSWCA should get some better legal advice, because had that player done a job on someone, which he looked like he might a the rapid, that $80k might have been vacuumed up into the pockets of lawyers.

I am pretty sure PC went in to bat for his club mate FK at the same meeting that I was shafted until 2007 for bad languge on a private bulletin board.

NSWCA is necrotic.
    This is the biggest load of crap from you since you described yourself taking one on your blog.

The arbiter had the right to expel him from the event he was currently competing in (the NSW Open) but the NSWCA Constitution does not permit the NSWCA Council to suspend someone without sending them a letter and giving them the opportunity to respond either in writing or attend the next Council meeting in person.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by the chess nut
    Matt. What happened with your banning? weren't you asked to provide a reason why action should not be taken against you? Yes you did.
    True.
    Didn't you have your opportunity to come to the council meeting where your disciplinary actions were to be discussed? Yes you did.
    true
    Don't you think this other person deserves the same proceedure?
    No, not for violent behaviour, witness by the DOP. Should be prevented from entering events until a/the hearing.
    Ilic had this opportunity.
    True
    The matter was brought to the councils attention too close to the July meeting so we could not discuss it much there other than to ask to show cause why disciplinary action should not be taken.......
    Utter crap, Trent. If grown men cannot come to a decission, [i]bassed on a captain's written account and the DOP's eye witness account, to rid this pest until a full hearing, then those grown men, as a group, need replacing.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    He was kicked out of the tournament and the venue and was told that if he returned, SECURITY would disembowel him.
    Who told him this and in what capacity? Of course, they did absolutely the right thing but I am just wondering if you are confusing the role of the state association with the role of the arbiter/organiser. Even if the event is run by the NSWCA that does not mean that a ban from a tournament venue imposed by an arbiter immediately is the same as a ban imposed by the State Association. Also the arbiter's ban would not have excluded Ilic from any other venue.

You state that Peter Cassettari banned the offender in your second case from the venue. So so far we have in both cases an arbiter banning an offender from the venue, and then the case being referred to the NSWCA for a further decision.

The initial actions taken by the organisers in the two cases mentioned seem consistent, and not having seen the NSWCA's ruling on the second case you have no case to say the NSWCA's post-event responses are inconsistent. So this just looks like a complete beat-up motivated by your antagonism towards the NSWCA but with no basis in reason whatsoever. Get some quality control.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

True Utter crap, Trent. If grown men cannot come to a decission, [i]bassed on a captain's written account and the DOP's eye witness account, to rid this pest until a full hearing, then those grown men, as a group, need replacing.
    The only one sprouting true utter crap as usual is you because you have no clue.
    Constitutionally the NSWCA cannot suspend a player from tournaments etc until they have been given the opportunity to respond in writing or in person.
    Last edited by Bill Gletsos; 17-08-2005 at 12:39 AM.

CC Candidate Master
    err - you keep saying private bulletin board - do you have something that stops the general public from viewing its content ??

NSWCA is necrotic.
    with my limited dealings with Peter he has always been balanced and sensible I feel your judgement about any meeting you were NOT at is ill-informed , and hasty since we have seen no action as things apparently grind their slow way thru a 'show cause' system. When I had to show cause re: my Uni course things took a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    So this just looks like a complete beat-up motivated by your antagonism towards the NSWCA but with no basis in reason whatsoever. Get some quality control.
    Stay out of NSW business.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Constitutionally the NSWCA cannot suspend a player from tournaments etc until they have been given the opportunity to respond in writing or in person.
    Yes I can read the Constitution too.

There are alway ways around such stuff.

eg. NSWCA advises the DOP of the next event(s) that Mr X is in its opinion, a danger to other players - and could the DOP exercise what ever actions they feel necessary under the circumstances. The DOP has the right to reject an entry and would be well advised to give serious consideration to the information NSWCA had forwared to them.

The NSWCA council is as unimaginative as a pocket calculator.

The NSWCA has a duty of care to its members. Allowing a threatening and intimidating player to keep playing is an abrogation of that duty of care. But what else would we expect from a pocket calculator (without batteries!)

Quote Originally Posted by themovingman
    err - you keep saying private bulletin board - do you have something that stops the general public from viewing its content ??
    Derrrrrr Movingslowlyman. UCJ was as private as ChessChat (here). And aren't we TOLD, at every turn, that ChessChat is private.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Stay out of NSW business.
    You did not stay out of my business when you defamed me in terms that speculated about my private life on UCJ, nor did you remove such defamation when I sent you a PM requesting you to do so. As a result of this, although your attempts to defame me were laughably ineffectual (and based on outdated assumptions) I have decided that any stupidity you display in public on any issue anywhere is now my business if I choose to comment upon it.

However, should the NSWCA pass a motion requesting me to desist on commenting on NSWCA matters I will gladly do so. Until that stage I shall assume that NSW chessplayers in general have no objection.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    However, should the NSWCA pass a motion requesting me to desist on commenting on NSWCA matters I will gladly do so. Until that stage I shall assume that NSW chessplayers in general have no objection.
    and of course you will want it in the form of a show cause letter

Thread Information