Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Account Permanently Banned

Federation square. A great place for chess variants.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    Regurgitator is more than just an Australian band. They spent some time locked up in a perspex cube in Federation Square. Did it make news down there?
    Baz

I must have been too busy taking bergil's advice and reading about all the international sports reported in The Age.

starter

Quote Originally Posted by four four two
    Starter,sometimes there was so many "animals" on the ark before the"flood" that I couldnt remember all their shapes and sizes,might to have ask Noah.
    Best of British luck to you 442....I can't even get Bill to respond to reasonable debate on the rapid ratings thread, let alone get an answer from him as to why you missed items in white font.

starter

CC International Master four four two's Avatar
    I saw them in the "cube" and yes it did make news down here. Starters lack of knowledge of the band Regurgitator could just be a case of the "generation" gap . Even if he did remember the story of the "band in a box" he might not have been aware of who the band was.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    I saw them in the "cube" and yes it did make news down here. Starters lack of knowledge of the band Regurgitator could just be a case of the "generation" gap . Even if he did remember the story of the "band in a box" he might not have been aware of who the band was.
    Perhaps you're right. I wonder if Rodgers and Hammerstein ever spent time locked in a cube for musical inspiration.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

I can just see it now,the discovery of Rodgers and Hammersteins "lost" musical "Chained in a purple box".Along side with the manuscript they find half a pound of hash,20 LSD tablets and a litre of absinthe.

Sounds like an interesting plot for a seedy Hollywood movie....

CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    ggrayggray
    CK GOOSEBUSTER!!!!....... November 2005

"it seems that alot of ppl would prefer 20% of a small pie, instead of 10% of a large pie."

thats cause most people arent silly.... oh oopps I read that as small pile and large pile ........and I was going to say two things come to mind as comming in piles and mostly people dont give away money. But its pie .... so hmmm maybe they are just watching their waistlines
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

CC Candidate Master
    Billbot has made an error folks - it should read the Farce....

Cogito, ergo Deus est!

Hi Frosty,
    I might be a bit slow off the mark but I just noticed your new signature.
    Succinct!
    Even so, I'm not sure Descartes would agree that the conclusion necessarily follows from the subject...
    Visit my chess blog: http://blog.chess.com/Dozy

Quote Originally Posted by Dozy
    Hi Frosty,
    I might be a bit slow off the mark but I just noticed your new signature.
    Succinct!
    Even so, I'm not sure Descartes would agree that the conclusion necessarily follows from the subject...
    Yeah, apologies to the big-D! Its definitely a rip-off. I may expand a little on this in the Does God Exist thread some time. But first I want to do a little more reading on philosophy ...
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Libby

Are you expecting
    any questions about the phrase under you handle?

starter

Hey Fourfy!

Quote Originally Posted by 442
    Signature "The day has finally come Inspector Rex...there's no escaping this time!"
    Fourfy's latest signature obviously goes with the puddy cat with the pea rifle but, to add a bit of (multi)culture to this bulletin board I wanted to point out that Daizy and I never miss Inspector Rex.

Never? Well, hardly ever...

The reason? Our dog likes to watch the program. In fact she gets downright excited as soon as the theme music starts up.

The problem is, if it's a REALLY exciting sequence she bounces up and down in front of the TV and sometimes bumps the control button.

So my question is, Fourfy, can we borrow your cat's pea rifle so we can discourage Deefer from changing channels during the crucial bits?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Wink A thread on tv dogs could be a possibility...

Pea rifle?...looks like a semi-automatic to me.

Did you ever see the italian crime dog show Turbo,Dozy?
    It had more sex in it as you would expect.

The Inspector Rex series is available on DVD at Dymocks if you are after long lost episodes that were interupted by Deefer's antics.
    SBS will more than likely run the series [the show ran from 94-2004 in Austria]
    for at least another 3 years.
    Inspector Rex has been one of SBS's highest rating shows in the last couple of years...at one point it had 500,000 viewers nationally.
    Which just goes to show you that tv has gone to the dogs...hehe.

Here's a link about more tv dogs...http://www.yourdogs.info/articles/tv_dogs.htm
    Is reunification possible?..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i82PBpw2Vg0

Pea rifle?...looks like a semi-automatic to me.

Did you ever see the italian crime dog show Turbo,Dozy?
    It had more sex in it as you would expect.

The Inspector Rex series is available on DVD at Dymocks if you are after long lost episodes that were interupted by Deefer's antics.
    SBS will more than likely run the series [the show ran from 94-2004 in Austria]
    for at least another 3 years.
    Inspector Rex has been one of SBS's highest rating shows in the last couple of years...at one point it had 500,000 viewers nationally.
    Which just goes to show you that tv has gone to the dogs...hehe.

Here's a link about more tv dogs...http://www.yourdogs.info/articles/tv_dogs.htm
    Thanks for the link.

I did see Turbo but only watched a couple of episodes -- Turbo just ain't Rex! Even Deefer didn't get off on him as much.

I knew about the DVDs and, yep, we do own a set. Always entertaining even if the sub-titles sometimes seem to be a bit comical. (Maybe not as bad as getting English sub-titles with a Wagner opera, though.)

Actually Deefer's name is Zoe -- she only becomes Deefer (and my wife becomes Daizy) when I get to be Dozy. When I'm myself they revert...

Perhaps an unusual place to welcome a new member but, Welcome Chat, from Birmingham where you have a most active chess club. (I'm waiting to see what you do with your web page when the upgrade finishes.)

Chat's signature says, "Chat - a scholar's better mate" which reminded me of this game between Gibaud and Lazard, Paris 1924. It's no Scholar's Mate and Gibaud (who won several French championships) spent many years denying that it was played in a serious game but, nevertheless, it remains on the books as a super-brevity, and much more entertaining than a Scholars mate.

BTW, the "Chat" in Chat's signature is a link.

Site: Paris 1924
    White: Gibaud, Amedee
    Black: Lazard, Frederic
    Result: 0-1
    ECO: A45
    PlyCount: 8
    TimeControl: 300

PGN Viewer

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    Fables should be taught as fables, myths as myths, and miracles as poetic fancies. To teach superstitions as truths is a most terrible thing. The child mind accepts and believes them, and only through great pain and perhaps tragedy can he be in after years relieved of them. - Hypatia of Alexandria (370-415)
    Hypatia was an inspiration for at least some if not most of the album "From Now On" by The Crystal Set (1987). The Crystal Set were a band fronted by Russell Kilbey, who is a brother of Steve Kilbey from the Church. There is a prose thingy about her and her horrific demise at the hands of so-called Christians on the inner sleeve of said album.

Thread Information