Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    Given that the speed of light is always constant relative to the observer, I wonder it its possible to construct an experiment where the speed of light could be measured by someone who is NOT an observer?
    What about trying God? He created the ruddy thing didn't he?

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    What about trying God? He created the ruddy thing didn't he?
    He "is" light ...
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

He "is" light ...
    You mean God can travel at the speed of 386,000 miles per second (whatever) - but then why would he need to travel if he is already everywhere? Including in the hole of Kaitlin's tooth

CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    Given that the speed of light is always constant relative to the observer, I wonder it its possible to construct an experiment where the speed of light could be measured by someone who is NOT an observer?
    Oh..i seen a thing on tv about light... the one wif the guy with the train. But then I seen another thing that said light has mass..so i dont think that " sty]Given that the speed of light is always constant relative to the observer,
    " is ture .... probably measurement guys are failing here cusae its hard to measure
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    You mean God can travel at the speed of 386,000 miles per second (whatever) - but then why would he need to travel if he is already everywhere? Including in the hole of Kaitlin's tooth
    He isn't everywhere. I have an agreement with God. I stay out of churches, he stays out of pubs. Works well.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Don't think too much. Thinking's no good for you.

AR[/QUOTE]
    Shouldn't that be "drinking?"

Quote Originally Posted by Mischa
    Don't think too much. Thinking's no good for you.

AR
    Shouldn't that be "drinking?"
    Reminds me of what someone asked Charles Darwin's brother:

'Are you a freethinker?'

'I'd rather consider myself a freedrinker!'
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

CC International Master Rhubarb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Belthasar
    Reminds me of what someone asked Charles Darwin's brother:

'Are you a freethinker?'

'I'd rather consider myself a freedrinker!'
    Then, of course, there's W.C. Fields: "Everyone should believe in something. I believe I'll have another drink."

Heaps more here.

I dont have a hole in my tooth... it was a bit of corn prob and it was inbetween the gum bit and my tooth and it brushed out anywho and stoped hurting.

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things

I thought about this last night and even turn the light on to write stuff down..

..how can light be always going at the same?
    - Is that like saying rain stops being rain when it turns into a puddle
    - You can only see light when its about to start.. like at the sun or like if you heat up a bit of wire...... or when it crashes into sumtn, so are u saying its only light when we cant see it and when it crashes into sumtn and we can see it that is just illumated thing not light. What about when light fall into one of them black holes and get squished and squashed up against the other stuff in there... is it stopped then???
    - Maybe light is the liquid of the skys. Cause with water vapour its stays water vapour untill it comes in contact with sumtn like cold dirt in the sky, or a mirror ..then it becomes a droplet - maybe light when it crashes into sumtn gets combinded with that thing and gets inside it like a sponge soaking up water... but becasue it is very very small we cant tell the difference.
    - Oh and water vapour going up to the sky.. would go up at the constant for water vapour.. if you just look at one saucepan

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlin
    ..how can light be always going at the same?
    That's relativity for you. Always at the same speed relative to the observer. So if you and I are moving relative to each other and are watching the same light source, then we both measure the light moving at an identical speed.

Then again, there are those that are now forming theories that the speed of light is not constant. I suppose it remains to be seen whether they are right, or whether Einstein et al had it right in the first place.
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

That's relativity for you. Always at the same speed relative to the observer. So if you and I are moving relative to each other and are watching the same light source, then we both measure the light moving at an identical speed.

Then again, there are those that are now forming theories that the speed of light is not constant. I suppose it remains to be seen whether they are right, or whether Einstein et al had it right in the first place.
    Couldn't God make light do doughnuts and wheelies - cast shadows and no shadows under Kaitlin's armpit, well he did stop the sun from going down while the Israelites won that war didn't He?

And Kaitlin, you get corn problems in your teeth by having your foot in your mouth too often. You can also have jam without having bread.
    Last edited by antichrist; 19-08-2005 at 01:45 PM.

Couldn't God make light do doughnuts and wheelies - cast shadows and no shadows under Kaitlin's armpit, well he did stop the sun from going down while the Israelites won that war didn't He?

And Kaitlin, you get corn problems in your teeth by having your foot in your mouth too often. You can also have jam without having bread.
    I already do circles in space.... but then wait...dont we all...eplicitical is better

light travels in stright line isnt time otherwise i wouldnt get older

Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlin
    I already do circles in space.... but then wait...dont we all...eplicitical is better

You are confusing your newtownian with your ironstein. ie, A crowd of pulling town folk cannot keep you away from a German beer.
    Last edited by PHAT; 20-08-2005 at 01:07 AM.

Thread Information