CC Candidate Master

President & Secretary Positions Vacant

At the CAWA AGM on Monday all those present were elected into one or two positions, however, some positions were unfilled.

The vacant positions include that of President and Secretary. So if there are any persons that may be interested in taking on a role for the CAWA they should contact a member of the CAWA executive.

The positions do require the persons to be residing in WA - so how about a move to Perth

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rob
    At the CAWA AGM on Monday all those present were elected into one or two positions, however, some positions were unfilled.

The vacant positions include that of President and Secretary. So if there are any persons that may be interested in taking on a role for the CAWA they should contact a member of the CAWA executive.

The positions do require the persons to be residing in WA - so how about a move to Perth
    NSWCA seems to have one member in excess of requirements. Perhaps that person is considering a move.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

i would guess that the person would also need to have some knowledge of perth and wa chess affairs and matters right

How come Haydn stepped down? I remember you saying that wa was rife with politics, is this part of it?

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    i would guess that the person would also need to have some knowledge of perth and wa chess affairs and matters right
    Desirable perhaps, need - I think not

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    How come Haydn stepped down? I remember you saying that wa was rife with politics, is this part of it?
    Haydn is one of the ppl doing two positions and that is plenty. Although any of the current executive could easy have taken up 4 or 5 positions if they wanted to.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    NSWCA seems to have one member in excess of requirements. Perhaps that person is considering a move.
    I was also wondering about him

CC Candidate Master
    If we had wanted I’m sure my chess playing family (me, my wife, my father, my father-in-law, my brother-in-law) could have taken on many of the CAWA positions.

Of the five of us only my brother-in-law has not been held a CAWA position. At one point the other 4 held 6 positions, it may sound like we had too much influence but I don't think ppl saw it that way (I vaguely recall a few occasions when a small faction voted against my dad and I defeating us by 10 votes to 2 )
    Currently only two of us have one CAWA position each.

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    Is Matthew getting going while the going is good?

Desirable perhaps, need - I think not
    i have been thinking for a while about coming to perth and seeing the city and playing in a chess tournament. I already have your calendar, just need the cash

Thread Information