Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 69
  1. #1
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Picton, The Dilly, NSW
    Posts
    2,936

    2005 Coal City Open

    .....Is this weekend.

    Notice venue is at different place to previous tourneys

    This time it is at a Bridge club at Broadmeadow.....
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

  2. #2
    CC International Master Mischa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,381
    you playing Trent?
    Look for James!

  3. #3
    CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Picton, The Dilly, NSW
    Posts
    2,936
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischa
    you playing Trent?
    Look for James!

    Yep i'll be there....

    gunna log off and do some study
    Last edited by Trent Parker; 05-08-2005 at 11:24 AM.
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

  4. #4
    CC International Master Bereaved's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,222

    How many players?

    Hi TCN, or anyone else with news from Coal city,

    How many have arrived to play? Top seed/s?

    Scores?

    Take care and God Bless Macavity

    Oh, PS Website??

  5. #5
    CC International Master Mischa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,381
    All I know is James is 2 out of 2. The first round against a 1000 and he was lucky to win...only did so cos the other guy made one more mistake than James did.
    The second win was to the third seed...a 2000
    His next game is against a Russian woman also rated above 2000....he won't be able to use the element of surprise!

  6. #6
    Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    The multiverse
    Posts
    21,575
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischa
    The second win was to the third seed...a 2000
    Well done, James.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

  7. #7
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischa
    His next game is against a Russian woman also rated above 2000....he won't be able to use the element of surprise!
    I suspect that may be Aina Musaeva rated 2094 FIDE.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

  8. #8
    Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Mischa
    All I know is James is 2 out of 2. The first round against a 1000 and he was lucky to win...only did so cos the other guy made one more mistake than James did.
    The second win was to the third seed...a 2000
    His next game is against a Russian woman also rated above 2000....he won't be able to use the element of surprise!
    Get him to keep whispering "Bolshie" under his breath - that will surprise her.

  9. #9
    CC International Master Bereaved's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,222
    Hello everyone,

    If the third seed was 2000, and Musaeva is 2094, is she the top seed or is that someone else?

    That young lad Morris, he appears to be going ahead leaps and bounds; he must be a source of pride to his parents!

    Take care all, and God Bless, Macavity
    Last edited by Bereaved; 06-08-2005 at 06:36 PM. Reason: spelling, again!

  10. #10
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    Quote Originally Posted by macavity
    Hello everyone,

    If the third seed was 2000, and Museava is 2094, is she the top seed or is that someone else?
    I took Mischa's post to mean the third seed was over 2000 not exactly 2000. I also noted that in the following sentence she said he is due to play a woman who is also over 2000.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

  11. #11
    Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    20,896
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    I took Mischa's post to mean the third seed was over 2000 not exactly 2000. I also noted that in the following sentence she said he is due to play a woman who is also over 2000.
    Is that equal to a male's 2000 - or a Claytons or should I say a Clairs

  12. #12
    CC International Master Bereaved's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    2,222

    Obviously I am making a meal of this...

    Dear everybody ( but especially Bill ),

    I must be unable to be comprehended, but if we consider the two players mentioned so far as being two of the top three seeds, I was just wanting to know who was the third of these three. I guess that asking for the specifics of the seeding order is unnecessary as I guess I can figure that out for myself,

    all the best, and God Bless, Malcolm

  13. #13
    CC International Master Mischa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,381
    Anyway
    he didn't play her
    He played Mx and lost
    max
    says he was winning as we all were but blundered

  14. #14
    Illuminati Bill Gletsos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    17,058
    Quote Originally Posted by macavity
    Dear everybody ( but especially Bill ),

    I must be unable to be comprehended, but if we consider the two players mentioned so far as being two of the top three seeds, I was just wanting to know who was the third of these three. I guess that asking for the specifics of the seeding order is unnecessary as I guess I can figure that out for myself,
    I dont take it as a given from Misha's comments that the two mentioned are 2 of the top 3 seeds.

    James opponent in the 2nd round could have been over 2200. That doesnt put Museava in the top 3. We will have to wait for either someone to post the name of James 2nd round opponent or a list of the top seeds to have a real idea how strong is the top end of the field.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

  15. #15
    CC International Master Mischa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    2,381
    Sorry
    Just got the info from James' dad who is less versed in chess than I.....and we all know how much I know....

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2005 Queensland Championship and Reserve games
    By Garvinator in forum Completed Tournaments
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 08-06-2007, 11:18 AM
  2. Tournaments for September 2005 ACF Ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 05:12 PM
  3. Coal City Open on 6 Aug
    By News Bot in forum Chess Australia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-08-2005, 10:01 PM
  4. Tournaments for June 2005 ACF Ratings
    By Bill Gletsos in forum Ratings Arena
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-06-2005, 04:01 PM
  5. Report on Coal City Open
    By News Bot in forum Chess Australia
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 16-08-2004, 11:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •