Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Up The Philippines

Story in yesterday's SMH. Actor Fernando Poe, the Clint Eastwood of the Philippines, was a real popular guy. So popular that in Mindanao(?), the wild west so to speak, that when he was having gunfights on the screen the locals would shoot with real guns at his enemies on the screen.

This is the guy who ran for president last year and the incumbant may have rigged the polls in his strongest area, Mindanoa, to beat him.

Whatever happened to Ramon "Bong" Revilla (not sure of the spelling of the surname, it WAS 20 years ago when I was there).
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

doesn't ring a bell sorry, maybe AR knows him.

I think they should demolish Rose Porteous/Hancock before that palace she had built. A national treasure that.

Yeah, I know him. But the memory's a bit vague now. It's been bloody ages since I seen me last pinoy movie.

Going back to FPJ, I used to hate that bastard. In his movies right, he'd kill all his enemies and is about to ride off into the sunset. But then, at the very last moment, some dying bad guy would pick up a gun and shoot FPJ in the back. And that was him kaput! He always died. In every goddamn movie.

AR

In this country they don't have divorce but annulment after seven years. It is similiar to our old fault divorce. A friend of mine recently went through it. In real life her husband was a cockold, having children out of wedrock, irresponsible etc etc.

But to receive the annulment she agreed that she was an amoral woman, gambled all her husband's money away, got drunk, did not look after her children etc etc. All of which was exactly opposite the truth. All because of the RCC.

The rich manage to marry in Singapore and therefore don't come under Filipino marriage laws.

In Leboland they must travel to Greece, change their religion to Orthodox and then can divorce. Of course only the well off can do this. All of this due again because of the Church.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    In real life her husband was a cockold, having children out of wedrock, irresponsible etc etc.
    AC, The word is 'cuckold' and has the opposite meaning of the one you intended. It is a man whose wife has been unfaithful. One can only speculate as to the source of your misunderstanding of the term.
    In a moment of time, too short to be measured, space turned and twisted upon itself.

Quote Originally Posted by HAL
    AC, The word is 'cuckold' and has the opposite meaning of the one you intended. It is a man whose wife has been unfaithful. One can only speculate as to the source of your misunderstanding of the term.
    Maybe because I was playing up with his missus!

CC Candidate Master
    Maybe because I was playing up with his missus!
    Maybe. But in Italian there is an expression...

Il bue chiama l’asino cornuto

It makes use of a pun where cornuto means both cuckold and horned. It translates as 'The bull calls the donkey horned'. Of course the joke is that it is the bull himself who is cornuto.
    In a moment of time, too short to be measured, space turned and twisted upon itself.

Maybe. But in Italian there is an expression...

Il bue chiama l’asino cornuto

It makes use of a pun where cornuto means both cuckold and horned. It translates as 'The bull calls the donkey horned'. Of course the joke is that it is the bull himself who is cornuto.
    I never met a bull that wasn't.

CC Candidate Master
    I never met a bull that wasn't.
    So which are you? The donkey or the bull?

CC Candidate Master
    So which are you? The donkey or the bull?
    What's wrong, AC? On the horns of a dilemma?

What's wrong, AC? On the horns of a dilemma?
    Too much cock n bull for my liking, you are trying to make an ass of me.

World poker champ Hachem was a Lebo who came here in 1972 - beat that Pinoy

In yesterday's SMH it tells how Prez Marcos' corpse (deceased circa 1990) is still being dragged around like the Israelites dragged around the Ark of the Covenant - they are trying to give him buriel in the Manila Heroes' Cemetery .

The Lebos have a much better method of disposing of their ex-prezs - a 21 hundredweight car bomb. Saves on gravediggers' wages as well.

CC International Master four four two's Avatar
    I think AC's cockold was a freudian slip HAL,and would you mind opening the pod bay doors.

Thread Information