Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    CC FIDE Master

Vic Masters and Side Events.

In conjunction with the Australian masters there will be two junior events as wll. The Vic Junior Masters is a 10 FIDE Rated Round Robin including a New Zealand entry.

Players aren't quite confirmed, more details will be posted later in the week.

The other side event, the Junior Reserves is taking place at Benleigh this week. There are 8 players. The first round was yesterday. Here are the results from the first Round. I will put some games up soon.

Round 1

Jamie Kenmure 1154- Huw Roberts 1-0
    Rhys Hopkins- Sean Hyatt 1-0
    Arron Rusnak- David Toper-715
    Dennish Qian 752- Matthew Bradshaw 1-0

16) Rusnak,A - Toper,D (715) [D00] Reserves (1), 28.06.2005
    PGN Viewer

Last edited by Trent Parker; 01-07-2005 at 07:50 PM. Reason: fixing pgn
    Lee Forace

Forace´s Legacy - Swap off when you are down.

It's better to set goals that one cannot acheive than to settle for mediocrity.

CC International Master

Victorian Junior Masters Reserves 2005

Victorian Junior Masters Chess tournament 2005 just completed with exciting play-offs.At the end of the tournament 2 players Jamie Kenmure and Rhys Hopkins scored 6.5/7 and in a very tense play off 12 year old Rhys, son of a strong victorian player Alex Hopkins beat top seed 18 year old Jamie Kenmure who was the most improved player of Australia in the latest ratings list.The final score of the rapid play-off 3-1.The winner qualified for the Victorian Junior Masters 2006 Premier Division.There were 2 players tied for 3rd place with 4/7 (David Toper and Dennish Qian) and 9 year old David Toper won the play off 2.5-1.5.Here are the final standings of the tournament
    1.Rhys Hopkins 6.5
    2.Jamie Kenmure 6.5
    3.David Toper 4
    4.Dennish Qian 4
    5-6.Matthew Bradshaw and Sean Hyatt 3 points each
    7-8.Aaron Rusnak and Huw Roberts 0.5 points each
    Next week at Melbourne Chess Club the Victorian Junior Masters Premier event will start.The following 10 players will play for a place in the Victorian Masters in 2006. The players are: Dusan Stojic (ACF 1999 FIDE 2033)
    Jesse Jager (ACF 1919 FIDE 1947) Svetozar Stojic (ACF 1818 FIDE 1981)
    Gino Thornton (New Zealand FIDE 2041) Nicholas Dour ( ACF 1712) Artem Nikolayevsky (ACF 1581) James Morris (ACF 1571) Derek Yu (ACF 1487) Eugene Schon (ACF 1444) Alastair Dyer (Tasmania ACF 1052). The tournament will be submitted for FIDE rating.

CC International Master

Victorian Junior masters round 1-3 results

Victorian Junior masters tournament started today in Melbourne chess club.
    Here are the results from the first three rounds.
    Round one

Svetozar Stojic-Dusan Stojic 0,5-0,5
    Derek Yu-Jessi Jager 0,5-0,5
    James Morris-Gino Thornton 0-1
    Nick Dour-Artem Nikolaevsky 1-0
    Alastair Dyer-Eugene Schon 0-1
    Round two
    Dusan Stojic-Jessi Jager 0-1
    Svetozar Stojic-Gino Thornton 0,5-0,5
    Derek Yu-Artem Nikolaevky 0-1
    James Morris-Eugene Schon 1-0
    Nick Dour-Alistair Dyer1-0

Round three
    Derek Yu-Dusan Stojic 0-1
    James Morris-Svetozar Stojic 0-1
    Nick Dour-Jessi Jager 0-1
    Alistair Dyer-Gino Thonton 0-1
    Eugene Schon-Artem Nikolaevsky 1-0

Standings after three rounds:
    J.Jager and G.Thornton 2,5 points each,S.Stojic,N.Dour,E.Schon 2 points each,D.Stojic 1,5,A.Nikolaevsky,J.Morris one point each,D.Yu 0,5 and A.Dyer is yet to score.
    Tomorrow rounds will be played @9-30am and 12-30 pm.

Question is it really fide rate-able?

???quick question???

i heard the time control for this event in 60min + 10sec/move. so that equals a total time of 70min per player for 60 moves.

now the four fide rated players are over 1600 fide rating. all in the 1900-2100 range.

that being the case i thought the player need to have a minimum of 90min per game (assuming game goes for 60 moves) (b.02.1.12). since in this event they only seem to have 70min, can this tournament be legitimately submitted for fide rating?

hope this is wrong as i think one of the main purposes of this tournament was to provide fide rating opportunities to some of the juniors involved.
    Last edited by toyboy; 06-07-2005 at 01:27 AM.
    The word I'm searching for, I can't say, because there's preschool toys present.

CC International Master Bereaved's Avatar

Sounds about right

That sounds a bit like I remember, Toyboy, i'll go have a look at the site,

ok now, the site is http://www.fide.com/official/handbook.asp

Seems to be correct; hope the organizers are not doing a shifty...How much did it cost people to play in the event?

All the best, God Bless Macavity

CC Candidate Master
    Man this is a load of shit. sorry for my out rage. But i did spend 450$ on air ticket. For what i thought i read correctly was a fide rated tournament.

Also...On the entry from it claims coaching will be available from chess elite group. With players such as Chris Despaqule, IM soskirna (the Chick), and leonid sandler. Ive received none of these.

Also bulletins from the Victorian masters. I have recevied none of these either.

I also heard from leonard the winner gets 1 book. where it says on the entry form prizes worth up to 150$. so thats like 4-5 books. So i payed a total of

125$ entry fee,
    450$ ticket
    350 spending money etc.

925$. For what..a load of shi#. Sorry for my words.

I dont want to feel like a complainer. But i feel ripped off. I also feel for that tazie kid who came all this way. Malcom i hope somthing shifty is going on for the sake of kids and the parents in this tournament.

What you guys think?

Sue the bastards.

AR

Quote Originally Posted by GinoTHEstud
    Man this is a load of shit. sorry for my out rage. But i did spend 450$ on air ticket. For what i thought i read correctly was a fide rated tournament.

Also...On the entry from it claims coaching will be available from chess elite group. With players such as Chris Despaqule, IM soskirna (the Chick), and leonid sandler. Ive received none of these.

Also bulletins from the Victorian masters. I have recevied none of these either.

I also heard from leonard the winner gets 1 book. where it says on the entry form prizes worth up to 150$. so thats like 4-5 books. So i payed a total of

125$ entry fee,
    450$ ticket
    350 spending money etc.

925$. For what..a load of shi#. Sorry for my words.

I dont want to feel like a complainer. But i feel ripped off. I also feel for that tazie kid who came all this way. Malcom i hope somthing shifty is going on for the sake of kids and the parents in this tournament.

What you guys think?

If all this is correct, I would be demanding my money back, starting with the entry fee. No one has challenged the fide rating regulations stated, so I think it is fair that they are correctly quoted by toyboy. That means this tournament has been claimed it will be fide rated, but wont be.

That means the $125 entry fee is scandalous for what, about 7 rounds of 60/10 or so. What a joke.

I wont be commenting any further because I believe that I will be legally threatened again.

would be good if one of the organisers (or their cohorts) would comment on this.

i think all players have a case for at least part of their entry fee to be returned if the tourny is indeed ineligible for fide rating. i am sure this is simply a case of administrative bungling. however all players are out of pocket and in Gino and Alistair cases, this is substantially beyond the entry fee alone.
    The word I'm searching for, I can't say, because there's preschool toys present.

Indeed. If the entry forms explicitly state what the prizes/terms/conditions will be in exchange for the entry fee and these things are not delivered, that is the violation of a contract.

There have been a few tournaments I know of that have lost up to $1000 due to circumstances such as insufficient entries but they have coughed up. What makes the organisers of this tournament think they don't have to deliver on what was promised? It is a joke, and not an amusing one.
    "I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
    - White Queen, Alice through the Looking-Glass

CC Candidate Master

Unhappy

Yeh like they would actully give me my money back.

i just better concentrate on winning this tournament. im on 4.5/5. But still got jager,dusan stojic,nic dour.

And if what was advertised doesnt seem to be the case...well thats australia for you. i defeintly wont be back. Sorry guys dont mean that as anything personal.

Melbourne is lovely. Sees like this friday night is the only thing worth looking forward 2.

lol one more thing....the first place trophy is badly scratched. on the top like a chip out of the wood is missing.

FIDE rating regulation B.02..1.12 is totally relevant. As such if the time limit of the event is 60mins + 10sec per move from move 1 it is ineligible for FIDE rating.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by GinoTHEstud
    lol one more thing....the first place trophy is badly scratched. on the top like a chip out of the wood is missing.
    FMD! That's embarassing...

Look, if it makes you feel better, this here entire BB will now support you and your efforts. We pray you kick butt for the rest of the tournament. Then when you accept your crap trophy you can then vent your anger and embarass the whole lot of them even more.

AR

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    FIDE rating regulation B.02..1.12 is totally relevant. As such if the time limit of the event is 60mins + 10sec per move from move 1 it is ineligible for FIDE rating.
    Good on ya Bill.

What about the other issue mate? You got any answers for that?

AR

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Good on ya Bill.

What about the other issue mate? You got any answers for that?
    Take it up with him yourself.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Thread Information