Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 126
  1. #16
    CC Rookie toyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    I remember I ran a commentary on that on the BB. How is this for a memory for an oldie, it was something like "Polished Corpses". They had a whole basement full of them.
    I just remember a female french tutor working somewhere up in the alps and there was a killer going around chopping up bodies with sickles. I didn't see the end but it was shaping up like the sweet innocent tutor was actually the killer. Does this sound like the same one?

  2. #17
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,084
    Quote Originally Posted by toyboy
    I just remember a female french tutor working somewhere up in the alps and there was a killer going around chopping up bodies with sickles. I didn't see the end but it was shaping up like the sweet innocent tutor was actually the killer. Does this sound like the same one?
    I remember there was a movie where a girl killed dozens with a sickle but don't think was the same one. She kept having memory flashes and she would run amok again. Could be Unknown Friend from Germany shown on Saturday 18th June.


    I think Polishing Corpses was also German.

  3. #18
    CC Grandmaster arosar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,046
    Speaking of TV, you have never seen a more cheesy piece of TV than this Douglas Wood story currently showing on Ch Ten. It's embarassing! Now this bastard's a bloody hero!

    AR

  4. #19
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,084
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Speaking of TV, you have never seen a more cheesy piece of TV than this Douglas Wood story currently showing on Ch Ten. It's embarassing! Now this bastard's a bloody hero!

    AR
    If those Moro jihadists had done the same to you, you would also be cheesey, chirpy, cheque-bookie, chateu-guzzling, cha-cha-ing and cigar-chomping like Churchill.

    There is no one worse than Nicole Kidman being herself. completely hopeless.
    Last edited by antichrist; 26-06-2005 at 07:56 PM.

  5. #20
    CC Rookie toyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    I remember there was a movie where a girl killed dozens with a sickle but don't think was the same one. She kept having memory flashes and she would run amok again. Could be Unknown Friend from Germany shown on Saturday 18th June.


    I think Polishing Corpses was also German.
    I think it was a Thursday night a few weeks ago. That would have been the 9th of June, from memory.

  6. #21
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,084
    Quote Originally Posted by toyboy
    I think it was a Thursday night a few weeks ago. That would have been the 9th of June, from memory.
    I can't go back that far, but I doubt very much it was that long ago. The write up of Unknown Friend mentions flashbacks of her killing her girlfriend's abusive husband. Sounds like it to me.

  7. #22
    CC Rookie toyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    I can't go back that far, but I doubt very much it was that long ago. The write up of Unknown Friend mentions flashbacks of her killing her girlfriend's abusive husband. Sounds like it to me.
    No. This girl had flashbacks but it was to when she was a girl and the sickle killer killed her mother and father but she miraculously escaped. This is why I was thinking she was going to wind up as the killer.

    Pretty sure it was around the 9th. Anyone else catch it?

  8. #23
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,084
    CULT MOVIE - HORROR - FLASHBACK - MURDEROUS VACATION
    Jeannie Fielmann (Valerie Niehaus) has spent 10 years in a mental asylum after witnessing her parents' brutal murder by a madman wielding a sickle. Jeannie is released as her psychiatrist feels that she is ready to face the world again and finds her a job as a French tutor at a lonely castle in the Alps. All begins well but gradually Jeannie begins to feel threatened and suspects that her parents' killer is in the vicinity somehow and is trying to kill her too. Directed by Michael Karen II and also stars Elke Sommer as Frau Lust and Xaver Hutter. (From Germany, in German, English subtitles) (1999) MAV (H,S,V) WS
    SMS Alert Code: 6368

    Does this satisfy you???????

  9. #24
    CC Rookie toyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    CULT MOVIE - HORROR - FLASHBACK - MURDEROUS VACATION
    Jeannie Fielmann (Valerie Niehaus) has spent 10 years in a mental asylum after witnessing her parents' brutal murder by a madman wielding a sickle. Jeannie is released as her psychiatrist feels that she is ready to face the world again and finds her a job as a French tutor at a lonely castle in the Alps. All begins well but gradually Jeannie begins to feel threatened and suspects that her parents' killer is in the vicinity somehow and is trying to kill her too. Directed by Michael Karen II and also stars Elke Sommer as Frau Lust and Xaver Hutter. (From Germany, in German, English subtitles) (1999) MAV (H,S,V) WS
    SMS Alert Code: 6368

    Does this satisfy you???????
    Thanks. Just dug the same thing up myself from the sbs website.

  10. #25
    CC Grandmaster arosar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    5,046
    Look at this Wood fella - that bloke who was taken hostage in Iraq. There is something insincere about him. Anyone else get that feeling?

    AR

  11. #26
    CC Grandmaster antichrist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    17,084
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Look at this Wood fella - that bloke who was taken hostage in Iraq. There is something insincere about him. Anyone else get that feeling?

    AR
    I read today that when he was caught they raided his safe of about $228,000US, sincere or not, at least he got $200.000 back for that interview that I didn't watch.

  12. #27
    CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Inventor of the Surströmming opening
    Posts
    1,416
    Sophies Choice TV Quiz Question
    (I'm guessing no-one watch it ... so im just putting the quiz to make you feel guilty)

    How is it Sofie and Alberto will out live Hilda and the Major and why?

    (or for the people who dint watch it cause they had to do other stuff you.. still might get some points if you can answer)

    How was Socrates wiser than the man who knew everything?
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

    ..Chess is all about fear and psychology

    ..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

    ..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

  13. #28
    CC Grandmaster Spiny Norman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    4,437
    The Life of Brian
    - Australian Story (01/08/2005)

    Tonight on Australian Story (ABC, 8pm, I think) they are featuring Brian and Bobbie Houston of Hillsong, Australia's largest church. Hillsong are AOG-affiliated and I work for the AOG national office in Melbourne. Might give a reasonable insight into contemporary churches in Australia with a bit of luck. Hopefully the presentation will be "balanced". I will be particularly interested in the dicussion around "political influence" as its an area of concern for me.

    ------ snippet from ABC website follows:

    When Brian and Bobbie Houston established their own tiny house of worship 20 years ago, they didn’t dream they would end up at the helm of the biggest independent church in Australia.

    While Hillsong revels in chart topping CDs and the beaming approval of some politicians, it does divide observers. Some admire Hillsong’s material and spiritual success; others suspect a political agenda and worry about the church’s financial arrangements.

    Through it all, the Houstons have avoided personal media scrutiny, but - for the first time - they’ve allowed cameras into both their church and their private life.

    This revealing episode includes interviews with Brian and Bobbie Houston, along with their three children Joel, Ben and Laura. Also interviewed are Hillsong’s internationally famous worship pastor, singer and composer Darlene Zschech, and the chief executive of Hillsong’s extensive community and aid programs, Leigh Coleman (formerly of Opportunity International).
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

  14. #29
    CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Inventor of the Surströmming opening
    Posts
    1,416
    8:30 Sunday 18 September 2005
    SBS - Light Fantastic
    All about light and how fast it travels (I suspect) I only saw a bit of the ad.. but it is about light and its hmmmm discovery???
    Probability of chess in this program = none
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

    ..Chess is all about fear and psychology

    ..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

    ..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

  15. #30
    CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Inventor of the Surströmming opening
    Posts
    1,416
    This is a bit late but for those peoples in the "What song are you listening to RIGHT NOW? " thread

    Tonight only... no wait tonight and next week only (its in two parts):

    SBS at 10pm

    No Direction Home: Bob Dylan
    - unseen footage, rare recordings, in-depth interviews and revealing photographs.

    Directed by Martin Scorsese.

    Probability of chess in this program = none
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

    ..Chess is all about fear and psychology

    ..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

    ..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •