Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    CC Rookie
    Currently enjoying both Billions and Vinyl. Really entertaining.

Mr.Robot was my favorite show of 2015

Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    The Shannara Chronicles looks to be a good one too, following on from Game of Thrones success. Well if you have Foxtel anyway. ><
    yeah nah this was crap.

OTOH Stranger Things and how to get away with murder (both netflix) are both top shelf.
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

CC Grandmaster
    The Good Place on ABC2 on Monday at 9.15pm is definitely recommended. This is the Hugo award winning episode which examines the infamous Trolley Problem in sitcom format. The whole series (Season 2 is now showing) is recommended, but the only sitcom episode to win a Hugo (so far) has got be worth watching.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    The Good Place on ABC2 on Monday at 9.15pm is definitely recommended. This is the Hugo award winning episode which examines the infamous Trolley Problem in sitcom format. The whole series (Season 2 is now showing) is recommended, but the only sitcom episode to win a Hugo (so far) has got be worth watching.
    Haven't watched it yet, but had it recommended by someone else as well. It's on my list!
    So what's your excuse? To run like the devil's chasing you.

See you in another life, brotha.

The first series of The Good Place was quite entertaining and was the first TV series I've actually enjoyed watching since House MD.

Its a shame the second series is starting to place less emphasis on the moral responsibility of the participants to concentrate more on their personal relationships. That said, I'll still be tuning in to ABC Iview tonight to see the next installment.
    Ruin is formal, devil's work,
    Consecutive and slow -
    Fail in an instance no man did,
    Slipping - is Crash's law,

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Redmond Barry View Post
    Its a shame the second series is starting to place less emphasis on the moral responsibility of the participants to concentrate more on their personal relationships. That said, I'll still be tuning in to ABC Iview tonight to see the next installment.
    I believe this season is more about Michael and Janet than the humans.

CC Grandmaster
    Michael might be interested in Episode 5 of Season 3 of The Good Place, which explains several approaches to ethics - complete with practical examples:
    ... Chidi has a breakdown, buying $880 worth of candy and cooking it into a pot of chili during class; he describes philosophies embodied by the characters: virtue ethics, consequentialism, deontology, and nihilism. ... .

It was originally shown on Monday, but will be on ABC iview for a while.

CC Candidate Master Blunderbuss's Avatar
    Years and Years SBS On-Demand

Quote Originally Posted by Blunderbuss View Post
    Years and Years SBS On-Demand
    I will check out. I am still watching Hitler stuff on sbs as taught absolutely nothing at Catholic high schools. Maybe was still too raw.
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

CC Candidate Master Blunderbuss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist View Post
    I will check out. I am still watching Hitler stuff on sbs as taught absolutely nothing at Catholic high schools. Maybe was still too raw.
    The drama starts in 2019 and plays out through to 2034. Interesting interview with shows creator Russell T. Davies: Interview-years-and-years

But I think weíre immensely clever, and once we reassess these issues, we might devote ourselves to finding our way out of it. There might be huge, vast changes. I think to write the drama thatís a hundred years in the future might be a huge act of the imagination, and maybe Iíll do that one day. But I think our lives will significantly change, what with the movement of populations and the weather. I think vast changes are coming.

Thread Information