Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
    CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar

This might be ok tv

Sophie's World

Is base on Jostein Gaarder's book and its a philosophical journey through time. This weeks one is called Mysterious letters and so starts out wif Sophie Amundsen receiving two mysterious letters asking, "Who are you?" and "Where does the world come from?" - questions we have all ponderd over breakfast.

Starts: Firday 24th June 2005, 8:30pm
    Series: Yes, four parts
    Channel: SBS (Norway)
    Prob of chess board cameo: possible
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlin
    Sophie's World

Is base on Jostein Gaarder's book and its a philosophical journey through time. This weeks one is called Mysterious letters and so starts out wif Sophie Amundsen receiving two mysterious letters asking, "Who are you?" and "Where does the world come from?" - questions we have all ponderd over breakfast.

Starts: Firday 24th June 2005, 8:30pm
    Series: Yes, four parts
    Channel: SBS (Norway)
    Prob of chess board cameo: possible
    Listen Kaitlin, about a thousand of my relos and myself have never pondered these questions and we have got along quite all right.

This navel-gazing is for people who have nothing better to do and who have psych troubles.

The only questions I ponder over brekkie is how much of the SMH I can get through having to run and am I going to be full.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Listen Kaitlin, about a thousand of my relos and myself have never pondered these questions and we have got along quite all right.

This navel-gazing is for people who have nothing better to do and who have psych troubles.

The only questions I ponder over brekkie is how much of the SMH I can get through having to run and am I going to be full.
    You're right, AC. Ignorance is bliss.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    You're right, AC. Ignorance is bliss.
    What does it achieve? Give them hard yakka that will cure them of any existentialist problems. Hard yakka is necessary for survival, nazel-gazing is not.

I am guessing that if one has a strong identity these questions never occurs to them.

I am guessing that if one has a strong identity these questions never occurs to them.
    Or if they are just thick.

Or if they are just thick.
    Well either answer I would consider superior to navel-gazing.

It reminds of what Deputy PM Costello said to students when opening a new Anglican College - make the most of this life becuase this is not a practise run, this is it.

Well either answer I would consider superior to navel-gazing.
    So in your view it is better to be a happy idiot and struggle for the legal tender?

So in your view it is better to be a happy idiot and struggle for the legal tender?
    Happy is the keyword. We have no choice but to earn our living, unless we are going to be like those bludging priest parasites.

Many religions get 10% of their members' income for supposedly answering these navel-gazing questions.

Did Neitzche had anything to say about these questions?

Once you go down this track you end up in New Age or some exotic Asian religion/philosophy, and when you look at their track record of living standards no thank you.

As well Kaitlin only posted to pretend to be intellectual.

CC International Master Kaitlin's Avatar

~ Puts A/C into the box wif the other peeople, who would if they could, would turn the Art of Chess into a Trade ~
    .. this Caketin is full of little spiders and watermelon seeds.....

..Chess is all about fear and psychology

..Chess is like an exam..... you havent studied for

..If you're good at Chess it means you are very intelligent and could potentialy do great things
    ..... but that you might have wasted that playing way too much chess

Quote Originally Posted by Kaitlin
    ~ Puts A/C into the box wif the other peeople, who would if they could, would turn the Art of Chess into a Trade ~
    Kaitlin, you and your silly existentalist questions have resulted in Rincewind going off to find a guru to explore the meaning of life and who he is. We have lost an excellent poster and mod. I hope you are satisfied. Don't you know that some things are better left unsaid and that a little bit of knowledge is dangerous.

You are kidding a/c....
    Nothing to do with Rincewind's decision to have a break!

Kaitlin, you and your silly existentalist questions have resulted in Rincewind going off to find a guru to explore the meaning of life and who he is. We have lost an excellent poster and mod. I hope you are satisfied. Don't you know that some things are better left unsaid and that a little bit of knowledge is dangerous.
    Yup, you'd better start saving up the dosh for Bazza's therapy!

AB

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron Bellette
    Yup, you'd better start saving up the dosh for Bazza's therapy!

AB
    He did say that he got a kick out of my posts for the wrong reasons. That movie is almost upon us, have to check it out anyway. I hope it is not French that talk forever. (I never do that)

There was a weird German horror/comedy on SBS a few weeks back. Anyone see it or remember what it was called?

Quote Originally Posted by toyboy
    There was a weird German horror/comedy on SBS a few weeks back. Anyone see it or remember what it was called?
    I remember I ran a commentary on that on the BB. How is this for a memory for an oldie, it was something like "Polished Corpses". They had a whole basement full of them.

Thread Information