Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    You have not checked that he is still not asleep at your last meeting venue?

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddy
    Hello Dennis. I wasn't sure so thank you for the clarification. You did not though answer my question as to whether he is active in anyway in his role as an ACF vice-president. Has he done anything for the ACF since he ceased being ACF President, not including anything to do with Mt Buller? Does he even still wish to be an ACF vice-president if his goal of being on the ACF council was to run a 2007 MT Buller? He might be happy to just resign if asked.
    Scott
    At the ACF council meeting at Mt Buller he was very keen to have an official position on the council and there was plenty of mutterings between George and Garvin as others (including myself) questioned the wisdom of this. Indeed so keen was George that he suggested that a new position be created, which he would fill, to handle sponsorship and fundraising on behalf of the ACF. It had to be pointed to him that such a position already existed and was already filled by someone else.
    Of course 5 months is a long time in politics (or the bulletin delivery service) and indeed George may wish to chuck it in. But if anyone did ask him, would they get a reply?

I find it extraordinary that anyone wants to look this bad in front of a group of people with whom (one assumes) he wishes to continue to have dealings?

I also find myself wanting to tell people to get stuffed on occasion, but a bit of pride prevents me actually failing to deliver what I promise.

This is just a complete and utter disgrace! The ACF must do everything in its power to cleanse the Aussie community of this shameful episode. First, we must give Mt Buller its proper burial rights which should hopefully rest any further ghostly visitations. Second, sack this fella in SA, strip him of office, and everybody whose dough was taken should write in to the ACF newsletter to shame this fella into action.

AR

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy
    Hello Dennis. I wasn't sure so thank you for the clarification. You did not though answer my question as to whether he is active in anyway in his role as an ACF vice-president. Has he done anything for the ACF since he ceased being ACF President, not including anything to do with Mt Buller? Does he even still wish to be an ACF vice-president if his goal of being on the ACF council was to run a 2007 MT Buller? He might be happy to just resign if asked.
    Scott
    Hello Scott

The VP's positions (two of them) were set up a couple of years ago to give assistance to the President as required. It was a sort of compromise following the defeat of the Commission proposal. There has not been anything specific for George to do as VP since he was elected other than possibly to arrange a bid for a MtBuller 2007. If the 2007 idea doesn't go ahead - and George has been ambivalent about this - he may well be prepared to step down as VP, though that is speculation on my part not based on anything he has told me. Since my last posting I have tried to ring George but he was out and I am waiting for a call back . My idea is to try to resolve the matter without too much acrimony as I don't see acrimony as helpful for chess administration generally but the matter must also be resolved, especially the CDs and the junior chess fund, so we'll see what can be done in the next couple of days one way or the other.

Denis
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

CC Grandmaster
    Regarding the CDs, one option may be to obtain the original material (from the Saints I presume), and place it online and freely available. George might then be instructed to send refunds to those who paid for CDs.

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    You have not checked that he is still not asleep at your last meeting venue?
    As it happens - yes, I have. Our last meeting was a phone hook-up and George was at home. I tried to ring him at home today but he was out.

DJ
    Last edited by Denis_Jessop; 19-06-2005 at 09:06 PM.
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

Quote Originally Posted by pax
    Regarding the CDs, one option may be to obtain the original material (from the Saints I presume), and place it online and freely available. George might then be instructed to send refunds to those who paid for CDs.
    That is an option; but I prefer the same course with the ACF preparing and sending the CDs to those who paid for them. I think this would be a cleaner finish as making refunds is a messy process and may well not work either. Also publicly releasing the material before refunds were made may justifiably antagonise those who paid for them. When I get to speak to George (or in some other way) I shall explore these options - indeed that was my main aim in trying to speak to him today.

DJ

Quote Originally Posted by Denis_Jessop
    As it happens - yes, I have. Our last meeting was a phone hook-up and George was at home. I tried to ring him at home today but he was out.

DJ
    To you and many others not mentioned I say "Thanks for the laugh" that often come about. Esp those nodding off stories - put them in the bulletin.

CC Grandmaster
    That is an option; but I prefer the same course with the ACF preparing and sending the CDs to those who paid for them. I think this would be a cleaner finish as making refunds is a messy process and may well not work either. Also publicly releasing the material before refunds were made may justifiably antagonise those who paid for them. When I get to speak to George (or in some other way) I shall explore these options - indeed that was my main aim in trying to speak to him today.

DJ
    If this happens, I assume that the ACF will demand from GH the money that was paid for the CDs?

With reference to various postings I made yesterday, I spoke to George this morning with particular reference to the CDs. He said that he will try to send them out this week (I believe he wants to do this) but, if he is unable to do so, he will post me all the relevant information next Monday and I shall arrange for their distribution.

DJ

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    I've gotten to the point where i'm taking the "I'll believe it when i see it" attitude....
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

Quote Originally Posted by the chess nut
    I've gotten to the point where i'm taking the "I'll believe it when i see it" attitude....
    Well you can't believe in JC returning aye?

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    a/c i shall ignore that off topic remark....
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

With reference to various postings I made yesterday, I spoke to George this morning with particular reference to the CDs. He said that he will try to send them out this week (I believe he wants to do this) but, if he is unable to do so, he will post me all the relevant information next Monday and I shall arrange for their distribution.

DJ
    Was theire any progress on the $4000 junior fund? Because if there isn't, perhaps all the prizewinners should have their winnings boosted to reflect the money originally set aside for that?

After all, when Jenni & I argued for the transfer of money away from inappropriately high cash prizes for the kids and into junior development, it was never our intention it go somewhere else entirely

Thread Information