Page 3 of 32 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    sooo funny you two

CC International Master Bereaved's Avatar

Tears of Joy or Tears of Pain?

The funniest part about this whole issue is the matter of fact way that Georgie Porgie simply tells STML that he can't deliver the things he has promised and been paid for because he is too busy making money...a bit like consoling someone with one broken leg that at least they didn't break the other one.
    To which I say" Come back here you Coward, I'll bite your ankles off - Full credits to Monty

Has the full financial budget been delivered to the acf yet?

I beg your Indulgence, Mr Morrissey

To the tune of "Heaven knows I'm miserable now" by the Smiths

I was happy in the haze of a drunken hour,
    But Heaven knows I'm miserable now,
    I was looking for a comp,
    and then I found a comp,
    And Heaven knows I'm miserable now,

In my life,
    I've never had such a time,
    getting a CD,
    From such a swine

Four months in time have passed me by,
    and Heaven knows I'm miserable now,
    I was looking for a comp,
    and then I found a comp,
    and Heaven knows I'm miserable now,

In my life,
    I've never had such a time,
    getting a CD,
    From such a swine

Coda

What George said to STML,
    at the end of the day,
    Karthick would have wept,
    I'll get around to it sometime soon,
    and STML,naturally bled,

In my Life,
    Why do I waste valuable time,
    on people who I'd much rather kick in the eye?

C'mon Boy George, send us your CD, or are we not just singing the same song, because I thought that was your pitch, or is this just an off note, or the end of a career, where the top of the pops just pops?

And remember George, once you pop, you can't stop,

PPS, When the single is being released in a couple of weeks, be sure it is stocked by Sanity

All our very best, your Loyal Fan
    Macavity

It doesn't look good for Australian chess if George Howard can behave in this unacceptable way and yet at the same time be a Vice President of the ACF!!!

By the way, has George provided a financial report yet to the ACF on the Mt Buller Australian Open?

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul S
    It doesn't look good for Australian chess if George Howard can behave in this unacceptable way and yet at the same time be a Vice President of the ACF!!!

By the way, has George provided a financial report yet to the ACF on the Mt Buller Australian Open?
    heres my suggestion going forward.
    i would say some (most?!) of the worth of the buller cd is lost now.
    it's 6 months past the event and it's newsworthyness has past
    those who are collectors and like the nostalgia or historical record would still want a cd.
    however, it looks unlikely to ever be compiled and sent (by the mount buller organisers or those able to do it).
    so, i would suggest the following (assuming the cd issue hasn't been resolved)

1. ask gh to kindly (quietly) resign his current chess positions at the next opportunity.
    2. if the list of cd customers are not known,
    appeal to the chess public via the newsletter for those people who purchased the buller cd
    3. write a return letter to those people explaining the unfortunate circumstances and failure to produce the cd
    see if they can offer a negotiated discount on future event bulletins (eg. brisbane 2006?!)
    4. write off the issue and move on.

assuming the steps above would cost less than $200 or so it would be worth it from chess funds
    to clear the tarnished name of australian chess organisers.

and what about the $4,000 promised to the Junior Development fund? This was not to come out of profits but was part of prize money for the Aus Juniors. The prize-money on offer for the juniors was ludicrous and at the ACF meeting where George's proposal was accepted, after Libby and I had had all our concerns brushed off, I suggested that the prize-money be reduced and instead the money would go to a junior development fund. This was agreed. The $4,000 is thus not something to come out of profits but a mandatory expense.

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the method man
    heres my suggestion going forward.
    i would say some (most?!) of the worth of the buller cd is lost now.
    it's 6 months past the event and it's newsworthyness has past
    those who are collectors and like the nostalgia or historical record would still want a cd.
    however, it looks unlikely to ever be compiled and sent (by the mount buller organisers or those able to do it).
    so, i would suggest the following (assuming the cd issue hasn't been resolved)

1. ask gh to kindly (quietly) resign his current chess positions at the next opportunity.
    2. if the list of cd customers are not known,
    appeal to the chess public via the newsletter for those people who purchased the buller cd
    3. write a return letter to those people explaining the unfortunate circumstances and failure to produce the cd
    see if they can offer a negotiated discount on future event bulletins (eg. brisbane 2006?!)
    4. write off the issue and move on.

assuming the steps above would cost less than $200 or so it would be worth it from chess funds
    to clear the tarnished name of australian chess organisers.
    I want my bulletin! I do not care if it is in paper form or CD form. I want my bulletin!!

Where are the saint brothers when you need 'em?
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

People payed their $12 for each cd.

Quote Originally Posted by the method man
    This would work for adults but not for parents. Bulletins at Juniors have been free - maybe they won't be in Brisbane of course?

Quite a few parents (including myself) got sucked into paying $12. The CD's were billed as having the games. At the time I put my name down I thought this might be a good way of getting games, as very few games were being typed up and the stuff on the internet were many rounds behind. I actually have the free paper bulletins that were produced by the hard working Mr Saint - what I want is the whizz bang CD that was promised or my money back.......

chmod -x /bin/chmod
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    People payed their $12 for each cd.
    And roughly how many people ordered CDs?

CC Candidate Master
    I think 1 team mate of mine got his dad to get him one- that he hasnt recieved Think he was the only one from the WA team.
    Ultimate Patzer!

Quote Originally Posted by skip to my lou
    And roughly how many people ordered CDs?
    50 wouldnt be too bad of a guess, but I am not sure. I do remember seeing quite a few names on a list that George had out to collect names and payment.

Also there was a massive argument when Alex Saint and myself attempted to give pgn's to Michael Lip during the juniors(this story has already been mentioned before) but is relevant here. One of George's justifications was that there would be a cd out afterwards and to get everything, sign up and pay up.

CC Grandmaster
    As far as I know George Howards only roles in chess at the moment are being a coach of a school and organising Norwood Chess Clubs teams in the SACA Interclub competition. He is listed as being a member of the SACA council but as far as I know he has no real involvement there and is really only on the council because he was the preivous president. The same reason I think he is on the ACF Council. Is he in anyway active in this role?
    Scott

One was the German GM Hecht

I guess that I want mine as without it it irks me to have only 9 of the 11 rounds, and the many photos to be included was a nice bonus. But consider that the name before mine on the list to receive the bulletin was GM Hecht, who is undoubtedly still active within Europe, and inactive in receiving his own CD. One wonders what a tale told by him to European players of Australian's and their tournaments, what to expect, what promises they fail to fulfill....

It is certainly bad when the home audience is left in the lurch, but negative publicity overseas is much harder to guage or counter.

Why is it such a difficulty to produce some CD's?

Does anyone have a list other than George of the people who have ordered?

All the best, Macavity

Thread Information