Paddington, in between Sydney city and Bondi Beach

A Ratings Calculator with a Database??

I have been on the lookout for a program that will calculate ratings from a database. Essentially, precisely what the likes of the ACF, NSWJCL, etc do already, just on a micro-scale.

At the high school where I teach, the vast number of chess players either do not have ratings, or are provisionally rated on account of their participation in the annual inter-schools competition, providing a sample of 6 or 7 games.

I think rating all the students who are playing chess, either in the school chess club, or socially, might help lift the profile, and create further interest by providing barometer for chess abilities.

There are many easily accessible programs online that will allow me to enter opponent ratings and produce a new rating, but what I would like is to be able to do that for 40-50 students, over the course of a tournament or two.

The software "Chess Club Manager", which I found at www.thinklikeaking.org does just this, but at a cost of $121USD in cluding shipping.

Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Thread locked

...because it is an old thread posted by someone no longer active in the chess scene that seems to have become a repository for duplicate advertising (which I've deleted).
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Thread Information