Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar

NSW Regional Chess

Currently there are some happenings in regional chess and I am guessing that they are ad hoc.

I was wondering of having a NSWCA rep allocated to each area, this person would already live in the area. The rep could try to organise and co-ordinate regional comps, teams and groups travelling to city comps etc.

As well as visiting schools to arrange maybe free coaching etc. Also organising the same for adults beginners.

I know we gave a country rep but he can't cover all of NSW.

If the rep is achieving excellent results maybe his/her very modest travel costs could be covered by H.O.

The reps responsibility would be within a certain period to have clubs in every town and village in his/her region. By getting into schools this can be done.

This is if NSWJCL did not think we were interfering in a detrimental manner.

Peter, I nominate you for the job. You can start in Nowra [200km south of Sydney for those who dont know it] and work your way down the coast to the Victorian boarder. There are about six small to medium towns, 15 high schools, 35 primary and a host of retirement villages. Got the time?

Thanks for the offer, but I have my eyes on a warmer climate which is even mentioned in an Aussie song of the seventies (I think)

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Thanks for the offer, but I have my eyes on a warmer climate which is even mentioned in an Aussie song of the seventies (I think)
    Are you going to Cuba in April to play the Dragon against some West Indian champion?

Quote Originally Posted by DuffMcKagan
    Are you going to Cuba in April to play the Dragon against some West Indian champion?
    Dragon may have been the band, can't remember. A place in NSW which has become over popular in spite of me. 2nd hint, I used to be called Fast Bucks No 2

CC Candidate Master
    Peter, I nominate you for the job. You can start in Nowra [200km south of Sydney for those who dont know it] and work your way down the coast to the Victorian boarder. There are about six small to medium towns, 15 high schools, 35 primary and a host of retirement villages. Got the time?
    i'm in nowra at the moment working - seems like cool place.
    hoping to get time to go to the chess club at wollongong on tue
    (though will take 1hr to get there)

i'm not sure if there is any adult chess (though alot of schools chess) played between wollongong and bega (i've heard of keen players in batemans bay but not a club). anybody know any different??

as last resort you can check local clubs, often there will be informal clubs not registered either with NSWCA or part of the club are enquirying at - they just meet.

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Currently there are some happenings in regional chess and I am guessing that they are ad hoc.

I was wondering of having a NSWCA rep allocated to each area, this person would already live in the area. The rep could try to organise and co-ordinate regional comps, teams and groups travelling to city comps etc.

As well as visiting schools to arrange maybe free coaching etc. Also organising the same for adults beginners.

I know we gave a country rep but he can't cover all of NSW.

If the rep is achieving excellent results maybe his/her very modest travel costs could be covered by H.O.

The reps responsibility would be within a certain period to have clubs in every town and village in his/her region. By getting into schools this can be done.

This is if NSWJCL did not think we were interfering in a detrimental manner.
    Hey Antichrist!!!

OMG you came up with a good idea! But also I think the key is.... to try and get Sydneyites out to the country to play in the country tournaments. Places like Dubbo and Laurieton have their little category 1 GP tournaments. If We could get people from sydney going to these places we might be able to get rid of the category one GP's altogether (they would become cat2). Sure there are Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie tournaments but....

Perhaps a motion could be put to the next NSWCA AGM that the country rep pos be split into something like North, South, West and Newcastle/central coast? But i agree that it would need to be someone who came from those areas. Also it would be very hard for these people to come to council meetings so perhaps rather than the position being split perhaps have a head country rep and then the area country reps who are reportable to the Head....

Now where are we going to find the people???
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

Quote Originally Posted by the chess nut
    Perhaps a motion could be put to the next NSWCA AGM that the country rep pos be split into something like North, South, West and Newcastle/central coast?
    You really dont want to be doing this as the size of the Council can just get unwieldly.
    You can just have co-ordinators for those areas who liase with the Country rep.
    Last edited by Bill Gletsos; 07-06-2005 at 02:00 PM.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    You really dont want to be doing this as the size of the Council can just get unwieldly.
    You can just have co-ordinators for those areas who liase with the Country rep.
    Yeah thats what i sort of meant with the second half of that paragraph....
    GO THE DRAGONS!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    You mean that there would be too many for you to control each month.

No. I meant exactly what I said.
    There are currently 14 council positions.
    Increasing it to 17 or 18 would be too unwieldly.
    The Force can have a strong influence on the weak-minded.
    Mos Eisley spaceport The toolbox. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy.

Bill.... Ignore him.

I want this thread of Antichrists to remain a tread of constructive ideas and not to be dragged under by such flaming that occurs on this board. I thought you would be better than that Duff....
    GO THE DRAGONS!

Quote Originally Posted by the chess nut
    Bill.... Ignore him.I thought you would be better than that Duff....
    You are 100% right. I should not have baited Bill. I will try not to do it again. In fact I might just go and neck myself tonight so that I never do it again. If I don't post tomorrow you will know that I am dead.

CC Candidate Master
    Duff's comment was a mild dose of truth, it could have been much,much
    harsher. As if things will change .....

Thread Information