Page 49 of 60 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    CC Candidate Master
    An excellent picture.

Thanks Henrik. After a nice late lunch at the beach (lobster and seafood salad) and a walk down St Kilda Festival way, I am now into my Tassie exploration mood! See ya all, back in hmmm well I don't know! 10 days maybe?

St Kilda Festival. It was raining but people came! Ciao!
    • Chess is like an underground activity back home! Ian Rogers, Australian Chess Grandmaster.
    • I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else. - Winston Churchill
    • Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery. - Spike Milligan
    • The time to relax is when you don't have time for it! Sydney J. Harris
    • Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Marthe Troly-Curtin

ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Hi all,

Off on a yoga / meditation trip to India in a few hours finishing off with a two day hike in foothills of himalayas.

Be back 1st of march.
    Chess is the greatest game ever !

Quote Originally Posted by george
    Hi all,

Off on a yoga / meditation trip to India in a few hours finishing off with a two day hike in foothills of himalayas.

Be back 1st of march.
    Enjoy the trip and the experience George!
    • Chess is like an underground activity back home! Ian Rogers, Australian Chess Grandmaster.
    • I am an optimist. It does not seem too much use being anything else. - Winston Churchill
    • Money can't buy you happiness but it does bring you a more pleasant form of misery. - Spike Milligan

ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Back from Tassie holiday; going to spend few days at a Dandenong Ranges resort for a bit of a rest! Back on Sat for the Noble Park Tournament game, then we' ll see!

ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Offline (or at best online now and then very briefly) Sunday to Friday night for fieldwork at Skullbone Plains. Please send any moderation requests or frivolous PMs to somebody else during this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Offline (or at best online now and then very briefly) Sunday to Friday night for fieldwork at Skullbone Plains. Please send any moderation requests or frivolous PMs to somebody else during this time.
    and whose side are you on at Skullbone Plains?
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    and whose side are you on at Skullbone Plains?
    Really neither. Skullbone Plains is a large property adjoining the World Heritage Area that was formerly owned by timber company Gunns, which sold off much of its native forest estate a few years back. Skullbone was bought by Jan Cameron (founder of outdoor shop Kathmandu) and is now being taken over by the Tasmanian Land Conservancy if enough money can be raised. See http://www.tasland.org.au/newleaf and http://www.fortysouth.com.au/article...60_NewLeaf.pdf

The survey I am on is called the Bush Blitz and is a federal environment department series of surveys aiming at documenting the fauna of reserves that have been bought by the federal government or with federal government assistance. There was a round of these surveys in several Tasmanian reserves two years ago and an intended mainland survey got cancelled so Tasmania got another round and Skullbone was chosen.

I go North (border area) for a bit of a break till next Sat.

I 've already booked for two of John Fogerty's concerts

27/3/2012

Rod Laver Arena, Melbourne

Performing the album COSMOS FACTORY in it's entirety!

and for the Bluesfest

7/4/2012

Byron Bay,
    Performing the album COSMOS FACTORY in it's entirety!

Which is stupid since he should have played more bluesy stuff for the occasion (in other states he will perform Green River) but it's OK!
    Last edited by Elliott Renzies; 26-02-2012 at 12:16 AM.

ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Enjoy this time away, Kev.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Now playing at Rooty Hill Chess Club. Visit http://http://www.rootyhillchess.org/

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Really neither. Skullbone Plains is a large property adjoining the World Heritage Area that was formerly owned by timber company Gunns, which sold off much of its native forest estate a few years back. Skullbone was bought by Jan Cameron (founder of outdoor shop Kathmandu) and is now being taken over by the Tasmanian Land Conservancy if enough money can be raised. See http://www.tasland.org.au/newleaf and http://www.fortysouth.com.au/article...60_NewLeaf.pdf

The survey I am on is called the Bush Blitz and is a federal environment department series of surveys aiming at documenting the fauna of reserves that have been bought by the federal government or with federal government assistance. There was a round of these surveys in several Tasmanian reserves two years ago and an intended mainland survey got cancelled so Tasmania got another round and Skullbone was chosen.
    well they should give you plenty of exercise. What do you do when raining, come back another day? If by yourself what about snakes? I have plenty here, one just this morn sunbaking on my balcony. Bet you take company
    Zionism is racism as defined by the UN, Israel by every dirty means available steals land and water, kill Palestinian freedom fighters and civilians, and operates an apartheid system to drive more Palestinians off their land

hi Jak and All,

India was amazing - we stayed in Hare Krishna ashrams did yoga and meditation most days and had a most wonderful guide.
    We spent most time in Rishikesh in northern India a nd did some treking of Himalayan foothills. The last 4 days we were in Vrindaven the place of a thousand temples - visited some sacred lakes Radha kunda and Kusuma Sarovar where Krishna and Rama had some fun.

The food , people and spiritual wealth of this part of India with the Ganga flowing past is something we all should see.

You go out your front door and walk 40 paces and you have seen cows monkeys (lots of monkeys) dogs etc etc.

Had a couple of their fabled full body massages and Ayurveda seminars.

I have never before seen a two lane highway become a 7 lane highway in ten minutes - I will never drive in India.

Nothing actually happens when it is supposed to but it happens and its great - we discovered that like everything else in India traffic food spiritually India seems to be organised chaos - truly a great adventure holiday!!

My telling of this tale is a bit like India big on passion chaos and rambling

Visited an orphan school and coached chess there for a few hours - left my chess set with them and will send them two more sets , chess teaching software and 1 book designed to be used by more advanced chess players - the orphans were so passionate about chess.
    Last edited by george; 01-03-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Chess is the greatest game ever !

I just finished reading an article how yoga classes are filling the physiotherapists room with injuries

Quote Originally Posted by george
    hi Jak and All,

India was amazing - we stayed in Hare Krishna ashrams did yoga and meditation most days and had a most wonderful guide.
    We spent most time in Rishikesh in northern India a nd did some treking of Himalayan foothills. The last 4 days we were in Vrindaven the place of a thousand temples - visited some sacred lakes Radha kunda and Kusuma Sarovar where Krishna and Rama had some fun.

The food , people and spiritual wealth of this part of India with the Ganga flowing past is something we all should see.

You go out your front door and walk 40 paces and you have seen cows monkeys (lots of monkeys) dogs etc etc.

Had a couple of their fabled full body massages and Ayurveda seminars.

I have never before seen a two lane highway become a 7 lane highway in ten minutes - I will never drive in India.

Nothing actually happens when it is supposed to but it happens and its great - we discovered that like everything else in India traffic food spiritually India seems to be organised chaos - truly a great adventure holiday!!

My telling of this tale is a bit like India big on passion chaos and rambling

Visited an orphan school and coached chess there for a few hours - left my chess set with them and will send them two more sets , chess teaching software and 1 book designed to be used by more advanced chess players - the orphans were so passionate about chess.

Good report George and glad you enjoyed the experience! I don't have Asia in my plans for the rest of 2012, since there is only a few months since my last tour there! How about finding a wider australian chessic way to sponsor chess in that orphans school? If you think I can help in anyway just drop a line!

Quote Originally Posted by outofplaceandtimetroll
    I just finished reading an article how yoga classes are filling the physiotherapists room with injuries
    And silly old men falling from trees more likely!
    Last edited by Elliott Renzies; 02-03-2012 at 09:22 AM.

ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

coming and going!

Well, I am back after a rather wet expedition west of Albury Wodonga. Back to the most beautiful city in the world with a lovely day as a bonus. I heard it was raining cats and dogs yesterday but who cares! Staying here for tonight and for chess tomorrow then I am going South, to the Great Ocean Road and some of the loveliest and cleanest beaches in the planet!

On the way to Lorne from my last year's visit to Apollo Bay! Photo: Elliott Renzies

ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

Thread Information