Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    On another thread I directed antichrist to cease complaining about moderation until the end of the month.

He is also directed to cease commenting about moderation (including by implying another poster has breached the rules) until the end of the month.

antichrist is banned from the Politics section for two months for posting an off-topic stupid comment about chess arbiters in it.

This ban includes posting material appropriate for the Politics section in other parts of the forum including the Coffee Lounge.

The ban is not negotiable and any attempt to negotiate concerning it will result in it being doubled.

Premium users who can see deletion notices are banned from publicly discussing their contents.

Penalties for violation of this rule may include immediate and permanent loss of premium member services (without refund) and banning for an extensive period.

User chessmc permanently banned and all posts deleted for using white text to post covert spam messages at the end of posts.

antichrist banned from the shoutbox for a month for shouting on behalf of a permanently banned member; if he tries to negotiate this ban it will be doubled.

While it was just a single shout, AC has been persistently attempting to start or fuel cross-forum conflict in recent weeks on both forums and has had a few warnings to stop it.

[update: ban suspended, subject to some conditions]
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 08-01-2014 at 01:33 PM.

antichrist is also placed on zero tolerance for referring to a certain other forum, or anything posted there, on this forum, for the whole of 2014. Any instance of him doing so will result in a two-month full site ban.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    antichrist is also placed on zero tolerance for referring to a certain other forum, or anything posted there, on this forum, for the whole of 2014. Any instance of him doing so will result in a two-month full site ban.
    antichrist breached this condition despite being PMd it, and posted on behalf of a banned poster again.

antichrist is therefore banned for two months.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    * Unnecessary thread proliferation (eg deliberately creating a new thread that duplicates existing discussion or starting multiple copies of the same thread) is not permitted. However, starting new threads to explore side-issues that are not relevant to the original subject is strongly encouraged.
    For absolute clarity I have added the bit in bold as we are getting too many cases of new posters posting multiple copies of the same thread. Where people are advertising a product or link they will get at most one warning under this rule with a second offence (prior to them being an established and interacting member of the forum) resulting in a permanent ban.
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 22-01-2014 at 05:20 PM.

Inactive user ursogr8 is permanently banned for using the hydra "PsyOp sleeper" to engage in, or be complicit with, moderation activities detrimental to CC users on another forum despite having previously made undertakings he would not be moderating. (These activities consisted of dragging shouts to threads, which disrupted shoutbox conversations.) It is also noted that ursogr8 repeatedly breached CC rules by engaging in false criticism of CC moderation on another forum, despite numerous warnings.

In this case, a parole period is set based on the length of time the offending activity occurred over. Therefore ursogr8 will be eligible for parole from this ban on October 13 2017.

[Update 1 July: Because of this user's further actions against CC users on another forum, which involved punishing them for expressing their opinion and trying to remove their legitimate votes from a poll, I upgrade this ban to permanent without parole. I will now not be unbanning ursogr8 for any reason. Other moderators are welcome to take a different view if they wish.]
    Last edited by Kevin Bonham; 01-07-2014 at 08:46 PM.

Gnostic Bishop banned for a week for mentioning Hitler on a religious thread in spite of a previous and recent moderation directive to not mention subjects associated with the Nazis.

I have made the ban only for a week rather than permanently as previously intended as there has been greater interest in debating GB postings lately compared to before.

However I'm not willing to have religion threads continually rendered stupid by gratuitous Nazi/Hitler references and anyone who has posted as widely as GB has must know that this sort of thing is widely considered inappropriate.

For wasting moderator time three times in one day, antichrist is completely banned from any discussion of same-sex, transgender or related issues (including HIV) anywhere on this forum for a month. Any violation will result in a full-site ban of duration to be determined.

Furthermore antichrist is banned from wasting my time further by discussing this decision ever.

The "congratulations" in-joke between Adamski and Michael Baron is getting out of hand and I will from now on delete whatever instances of it I feel like deleting, especially those instances posted on tournaments outside either's home province, and extra-especially those that contain numerous misspellings.

antichrist is excluded from the Australian Chess section for one month or until I remember to readmit him, whichever is later, for blatantly dragging material posted by a banned poster on another forum to this forum.

If any attempt is made to negotiate or complain about this ban it will be doubled.

Repeats of this behaviour may lead to a lengthy full-site ban.

Furthermore antichrist is banned from publicly referring to the matter in question on this forum at all until further notice.

Some posts from the Vic Blitz thread have been taken offline at least for now.

I did throw antichrist out of the Coffee Lounge because of a post earlier today, but I've reversed that as the post was not clearly a complaint about moderation.

All the same:

* The Bali drugs thread will remain deleted on account of a stupid analogy being posted about the thread to another thread.

* antichrist is strictly barred from making any comment that is even arguably about moderation in any way on any thread outside the Help and Feedback section. Any breach of this restriction is likely to result in a full-site ban of at least a month and this restriction is permanent.

Thread Information