Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    CC International Master

Garry's in the wars

He's been having a rough time of it lately. First it was http://www.chessbase.com/newsprint.asp?newsid=2329 and now this: http://www.chessbase.com/newsdetail.asp?newsid=2393

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    Gee that Kasparov guy and Peter Hanna have a lot in common!

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Chess ability sure isnt one of those characteristics.

CC FIDE Master

In common

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Lots in common. They both can legally move the chess peices, and they are both male.
    Lee Forace

Forace´s Legacy - Swap off when you are down.

It's better to set goals that one cannot acheive than to settle for mediocrity.

Quote Originally Posted by Liberace
    Lots in common. They both can legally move the chess peices, and they are both male.
    And get bashed up by thugs and cops at demos.

But I should give him some advice from an old pro. When doing an anti-nuclear demo at the SCC RL football final, I wore a crash helmet, and just as well because copped hundreds of full beer cans. But my unprotected mate copped it.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    I do wonder about the general wisdom of Kasparov's political ventures. I think that the chance of any successes are small and the chance of something more seriously unkind happening to him are considerable. I wonder if his ego as a chess great has gone to his head and he overestimates his prospects.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I wonder if his ego as a chess great has gone to his head and he overestimates his prospects.
    And Amercian movie "greats" never get to be Governor of California.

Quote Originally Posted by DuffMcKagan
    And Amercian movie "greats" never get to be Governor of California.
    But B-Grade actors become President of the United States and thereby prolong their career.

I think Kevin is right. Moreover anyone who wants to get involved in current Russian politics must have an overt death wish.

DJ
    ...I don't want to go among mad people Alice remarked, "Oh, you can't help that," said the Cat: we're all mad here. I am mad. You're mad." "How do you know I'm mad?" said Alice. "You must be," said the Cat ,"or you wouldn't have come here."

Look what Pauline Hanson "achieved" and look what a lousey person she was. Relatively speaking, Gaz, could end up king of the world.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    When it comes to being a political success, superficial celebrity is often an advantage. Being famous for something involving intellectual skill is generally a disadvantage.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

I disagree, Barry Jones was a very respected person, Gough's towering intellectual was looked up to.

Garry is showing enormous courage in confronting the Russian "mafia" and will win respect for doing so. Only he will have to borrow my tried-and-tested crash helmet.

It is the easy path to fall into the black hole of chess and coming and goings of life. must go

CC International Master

I think Gary needs the services of 6'6" karate king Matt Sweeney and a few of his mates.

I can remember the Skull opposing some protest and a guy supposedly from the Russian embassey kicked the Christ out of him. And the Skull, a known bully of Asian women, was too afraid to respond. Then again a big Islander kicked the Christ out of him again at the Domain when he was being racist.

Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    [Just a lillte disclaimer here in case A/C's story gets misinterpreted. I am not "Skull". He is a neo Nazi ratbag character who does the rounds in Sydney ]

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    [Just a lillte disclaimer here in case A/C's story gets misinterpreted. I am not "Skull". He is a neo Nazi ratbag character who does the rounds in Sydney ]
    Would you take him on if you had to?

Thread Information