CC Candidate Master The_Wise_Man's Avatar

Special Project Fund

Just thinking of a "Special Project Fund for Chess".

The project that I am thinking of is a Sydney (NSW) Chess Centre. But I don't want to re-hash what has been said.... I want to concentrate more on the mechanism of raising money including the process and structure of such activities.

For example, the aim may be that we need $200k to get to the project started.... I may take 10-15 years but it is a long term project and hence the use of the fund.... A running tally would mean interest and more support as the chess community can see the target coming closer.... This can be done on a associated webpage with large supporters mentioned/promoted...

Any comments/ideas appreciated....

Wise
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    Of course I agree with you, but I expect you to be third one in a row to have your dreams dashed.

They are usually called a building fund. It is best if you can swing it that donations are tax deductible. If one can present a good case that chess is good for children's mental development; the prevention of dementia in the elderly, etc well you have a long shot. Or classified as a sport of course.

Best of luck and you can cry on my shoulder when you become disheartened.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wise_Man
    Just thinking of a "Special Project Fund for Chess".
    I'm working on a large project right now for a national organisation and it involves raising a substantial amount of income (and I mean income, not a one-off project) within the next 2-3 years. We're talking $M's, not small amounts.

I would be happy to meet with any ACF representative any time and outline to them how we're going to achieve it. I believe the model is transportable to other organisations (e.g. the ACF nationally, or a state body).

And no, before anyone asks, it does NOT involve even the faintest whiff of multi-level marketing (Amways reps need not apply!). We are developing partnerships with some of Australia's largest public companies, so its a serious effort.
    ďAs you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.Ē -- C.S.Lewis

Thread Information