View Poll Results: Should FG7 have been barred?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, for a week if behaves "over there"

2 14.29%
  • Yes, forever if he misbehaves "over there"

1 7.14%
  • No, was not a hanging offense

7 50.00%
  • Bar Bill instead

6 42.86%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Should FG7 have been barred? [ancient thread bumped by AC]

A second Leader of the Opposition has been expelled from parliament. Was it just, is he regrouping with other exiles to launch a counter-attack? You be the judge.

Multi-voting is allowed. It is a confidential poll.
    Last edited by antichrist; 09-05-2005 at 04:05 PM.

CC FIDE Master

Question

I'm not quite sure what he did wrong, can someone explain?

Quote Originally Posted by EGOR
    I'm not quite sure what he did wrong, can someone explain?
    he broadcast a private message, a hot piece from someone else to himself. When warned about it he did it again, but this time may have been from himself to himself. He was warned about 18 months ago for the same offense.

i see the fg7 has been banned. is antichrist's version of events correct?

CC FIDE Master

Next question

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    he broadcast a private message, a hot piece from someone else to himself. When warned about it he did it again, but this time may have been from himself to himself. He was warned about 18 months ago for the same offense.
    Is this normally a barring offence?

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    i see the fg7 has been banned. is antichrist's version of events correct?
    Is it ever?
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Is this normally a barring offence?
    It is the first time it has occurred. All the barring etc is only the melodrama which came afterwards. The juciest part was what was in the PM, it was a real bitch from a promient NSW chess official.

Quote Originally Posted by Rincewind
    Is it ever?
    hence why i thought i would ask for some type of 'official' confirmation before making comment, which i might not even comment, just hoping for some type of official confirmation

CC FIDE Master
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    It is the first time it has occurred. All the barring etc is only the melodrama which came afterwards. The juciest part was what was in the PM, it was a real bitch from a promient NSW chess official.
    Gee! I wonder who that could have been?

hence why i thought i would ask for some type of 'official' confirmation before making comment, which i might not even comment, just hoping for some type of official confirmation
    It was RW who made the warning and did the barring so you can't get more official than that. As I have stated earlier FG7 was all fired up that day, it was a long day and he wanted answers and was not taking a step backwards. RW wouldn't you agree?

It is definitely in the Shoutbox if not also some threads.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    It began when fg7 posted a horrendously inflammatory post in the OZ Junior and Champ thread (now post 1 in the Senseless Diatribe thread). This thread was split and public warning was issued to not make more work for the moderators than absolutely necessary.

He then began a thread quoting a PM from another poster after previously being warned not to do so (albeit some time ago). This was removed and he was warned again via a PM to not do this again.

He then began flouting this rule by various quoting of inane PMs. As it was obvious he had no intention of behaving sensibly (and was generating may more work than he warranted) his account was banned for a period of 7 days.

After this ban lapses his continued membership on here will depend on him.

NB firegoat7's ban lapses in 4 days and 21 hours.
    Last edited by Rincewind; 09-05-2005 at 06:35 PM.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

The PM fg7 posted was from jase.

Paddington, in between Sydney city and Bondi Beach
    Quote Originally Posted by Antichrist
    it was a real bitch from a promient NSW chess official
    I do not, and have never held, any position on the NSWCA. Nor would I consider myself prominent, having not attended nor directed any chess tournaments for about a year. I would consider my post count here to be relatively insignificant.

You have described my message to Firegoat7 "scurrilous" and "a real bitch". Could you please explain aspects of my correspondence you are referring to?

--------------------------------------

I chose to protest the manner of Firegoat7's posts by Private Message because I did not wish to exacerbate the flame war being waged on the thread in question. As I was making direct and strident criticisms of Firegoat7's style and substance, I chose to do it directly rather than publicly.

Direct communication is often a more fruitful course of action. People post such diatribe on forums that they would never utter in person; on this line of thinking I chose to address Firegoat7 directly.

I find it somewhat insidious that he has elected to publish my PM without consulting me, or having the dignity to reply. My email is widely available in the chess community, however I'm yet to receive any response from firegoat7, despite his view that the message was worthy of public comment and publication.

Given that on the thread in question he could not locate very basic information about the ACF process for allocating Australian title events, perhaps his research skills are lacking.
    Last edited by jase; 10-05-2005 at 12:24 AM.

[QUOTE=jase]I do not, and have never held, any position on the NSWCA. Nor would I consider myself prominent, having not attended nor directed any chess tournaments for about a year. I would consider my post count here to be relatively insignificant.

You have described my message to Firegoat7 "scurrilous" and "a real bitch". Could you please explain aspects of my correspondence you are referring to?

A/C
    Frankly speaking I only remember you were having a go about something, but I thought at the time you were getting stuck in. If I have exaggerated or misled then I apologise. But you could do clear the matter up properly by reposting it here. I am sure everyone would appreciate it.

You are correct he doesn't know the difference between "your" and "you're". He has that blue again "over there". But admit you are enjoying all the commotion between your "mates".

Thread Information