CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar

NSWCA May Weekender

.... Is next weekend...

Details here
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

BTW

Buses are replacing trains on the ESR and illawarra line this weekend. may be better to catch train to St James and catch a bus direct to the venue instead of hopping off the train at Edgecliff
    Last edited by Trent Parker; 10-05-2005 at 07:37 AM.
    GO THE DRAGONS!

Quote Originally Posted by the chess nut
    BTW

Buses are replacing trains on the ESR and illawarra line this weekend. may be better to catch train to St James and catch a bus direct to the venue instead of hopping off at Edgecliff
    it feels like nswca try to hold their chess events right at the time when shittyrail are doing trackwork on that line

CC FIDE Master

cityrail plot

Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray
    it feels like nswca try to hold their chess events right at the time when shittyrail are doing trackwork on that line
    No, it's just that Cityrail plans their trackwork to cause the most disrumption possible, even for us poor little chess players.

Whoever lives on the Illawarra line deserve all that they get.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    So true. Thanks AC I'll take that as a compliment. Actually if they could cut the roads between here and Sydney too then things really would be perfect (not spoilt by hoards of Sydney weekenders).
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by EGOR
    No, it's just that Cityrail plans their trackwork to cause the most disrumption possible, even for us poor little chess players.
    the sydney train network is like a big bowl of spaghetti
    that will take 10 years to unravel.

Sell it off like us Mexicans .... we actually have half-decent trains now!
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Does everyone realise that the illawarra line is bounded by Waterfall and Cronulla.... and that the line past waterfall is known as the south coast line?
    GO THE DRAGONS!

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by the chess nut
    Does everyone realise that the illawarra line is bounded by Waterfall and Cronulla.... and that the line past waterfall is known as the south coast line?
    I was actually thinking of cutting roads just to the south of Waterfall. Between the train station and where the tollway gates were.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

Oh ok
    GO THE DRAGONS!

I see where Sweeney has made the following incorrect statement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    BTW, are you aware that there will be a riot at Rose Bay when Bekker announces that the advertised U1200 divisional prize has been withdrawn by the NSWCA?
    The NSWCA advert for the May weekender that was sent to all members does not and never has had an advertised U1200 divisional prize. As such no prize has been withdrawn as no such prize was advertised.
    Given his memory has been faulty on previous occasions I even gave him the benefit of the doubt that perhaps he was remembering the 2004 May weekender, but on checking I find it also did not have an advertised U1200 prize.

Paddington, in between Sydney city and Bondi Beach
    He's probably just confused himself between the May weekender and the NSW Open, which I think is offering an u/1200 prize.

I'm not playing or arbitering at Rose Bay, but I'll be dropping in to remind myself what a chess tournament looks like, and say hello.

And RSLs have cheap beer and TABs...

Quote Originally Posted by jase
    He's probably just confused himself between the May weekender and the NSW Open, which I think is offering an u/1200 prize.
    Possibly since its all in the one thread but I doubt it, firstly because he has been complaining about the fact that the U1200 prize in the NSW Open is less than the other rating division prizes and secondly because he was the one who then raised the issue of the Rose Bay event.
    Of course checking his facts before shooting his mouth off has never been his style.

Unable to respond in a rational manner Sweeney goes off on his using abusive rant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    No problem Bill, you ******* dead ***. It doesn't matter one whit which NSWCA tournament it is Billbot ********. What the point is, you wingnut headed excuse for a President is, that one of our tournaments has a prize structure that insults the bottom division. It doesn't matter what the cut-off point is, what matters is that it isn't fair to the low those players. (I am assuming that each division will have similar numbers of players.)

But does the nob-end of universe speak to that problem - the very point of the thread? No. He attacks a minor error. The big things don't count, do they you old cramp. You must have Aspergers. No body could be so stupid as to never ever ever ever see the forest for the trees.

The sooner you disappear the better. On your way, tell us why you are such an elitist pig who hates ordinary people and continues to insult the lower grades by having them receive less than a fair share of the prize money at the NSW Open. ****!
    The orginal plan for the NSW Open U1600 Division did not include a U1200 prize at all. We decided that it was desirable to include a U1200 but the budget did not allow for it to be equal to the other divisions. The NSWCA Council saw no problem with this as we noted Australia's number one event the highly successful Doeberl Cup does not pay similar prize money for its various rating prizes in the major/minor even though the entry fees are identical. I dont recall ever seeing Sweeney complain about the Doeberl organisers doing that.

Of course all Sweeney is doing is demonstrating yet again what a total hypocrite he is.
    On checking all emails sent by Matt whilst he was on the NSWCA Council he never once suggested that all rating division prizes be the same. In fact when Ralph originally proposed the prizes for the 2004 Australia Day weekender be 1st $900, 2nd $450, 3rd $300, 4th $100, U2000 1st $300, 2nd $100, U1800 $150, U1600 $150, U1400 $150, best junior $150 Matt fully supported the proposal with his only suggestion being that the first prize be increased to $1000.
    Obviously he had no problem with U2000 players getting a larger slice than the remaining rating divisions.
    It is therefore no wonder that he has no credibilty.

Matt had his opportunity to contribute to chess in NSW when he was on the NSWCA Council in 2004 but he did nothing that he promised he would do and contributed nothing.

As such he abrogated any rights to criticise how the NSWCA Council runs its events.

Thread Information