ACF Conference and Council Meeting- the results!

Hello Everyone,

Quite a few things were achieved at Wednesday's ACF Conference and subsequent Council meeting.

Deputy President's position is to be filled by Gary Wastell.
    The two new Vice-President positions which were created were filled by Kerry Stead and Paul our esteemed ACF Webmaster.

The position of Immediate Past President was created.

A formal recognition of Email Voting by Council Members as a formal way of achieving decisions was enshrined in the ACF Constitution thus the Council will assume more responsibility for decisions between Council Meetings which before were the sole province of the President.

A line item in the budget was created and money allocated to a lobbyist function but before monies are spent the ACF Council will need to develop Performance Criteria etc.

Ralph Jackson will occupy a position of Special Projects Officer and will continue the task of attracting the Olympiad to Australia.

Chess Victoria was awarded the next Open , Juniors and School Finals to be held at Mt Buller - the offer with sponsorship guaranteed was far too good to pass up.

ACF Council will insist on all bids for the major ACF Events to be presented at least 18 months in advance and to be presented in the appropriate format as indicated by ACF By-laws.

The next Council Meeting will be held in Canberra one day after or before the Cup. This will include an all day Workshop for Council Members to elicit and develop ideas and will then be followed by the formal Council Meeting.

This BB Post is I believe the best way to inform as many Chess Players as possible as soon as possible about the ACF Council.

More detailed information will follow in the next week or two.

Regards TO ALL

George Howard
    President ACF

Account Permanently Banned PHAT's Avatar
    George,

All this news is good. Congratulations and thanks from me and, I think, from the chess community, to all those who had a hand in making the 2004 ACF AGM a non-non-event.

Matthew Sweeney

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew Sweeney
    George,

All this news is good. Congratulations and thanks from me and, I think, from the chess community, to all those who had a hand in making the 2004 ACF AGM a non-non-event.

Matthew Sweeney
    Your welcome.

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar

Re: ACF Conference and Council Meeting- the results!

Quote Originally Posted by george
    Ralph Jackson will occupy a position of Special Projects Officer and will continue the task of attracting the Olympiad to Australia.

George Howard
    President ACF
    Ohh, Wouldn't that be excellent. Where would it be held? =D>
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

CC International Master

Re: ACF Conference and Council Meeting- the results!

Quote Originally Posted by george
    Hello Everyone,

Quite a few things were achieved at Wednesday's ACF Conference and subsequent Council meeting.

Deputy President's position is to be filled by Gary Wastell.
    The two new Vice-President positions which were created were filled by Kerry Stead and Paul our esteemed ACF Webmaster.

The position of Immediate Past President was created.

A formal recognition of Email Voting by Council Members as a formal way of achieving decisions was enshrined in the ACF Constitution

A line item in the budget was created and money allocated to a lobbyist function but before monies are spent the ACF Council will need to develop Performance Criteria etc.

This BB Post is I believe the best way to inform as many Chess Players as possible as soon as possible about the ACF Council.

More detailed information will follow in the next week or two.

Regards TO ALL

George Howard
    President ACF
    Good outcomes indeed, and congrats to the most esteemed webmaster anfd kerry on their 2 new roles. Australian chess is very lucky to be served by these two individuals.

Immediate past president I think is good for it enables some continuity. But I beleive that this motion was defeated a couple of years ago? :?

Email voting is great step, and I believe that the NSWCA uses email amongst it's council members as well.

I think that the steps to have a lobbyist is a great move. What will be the primary objective of the lobbyist - get sponsorships? get the government to have chess recognised as a sport?

And great to see ACF use the BB to disseminate more info on it's decisions and Australian chess. Should there be a seperate section created, for "official news" from the ACF, NSWCA, CV etc?
    Always do your Best

Thread Information