Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
    CC Candidate Master
    Actually, I could have written a variation of my own too, except that I was just hoping for a mistake on your part (such as Ra4)!

If 34. Ra8 or 34. Rf7 then I resign. Since you have played 34. Ra8 then I must resign.

Thanks for the game Kerry.

PGN Viewer

CC International Master Kerry Stead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1min_grandmaster
    Actually, I could have written a variation of my own too, except that I was just hoping for a mistake on your part (such as Ra4)!

If 34. Ra8 or 34. Rf7 then I resign. Since you have played 34. Ra8 then I must resign.

Thanks for the game Kerry.
    Thanks for the game Jason, although once again I thought your resignation might have been a bit premature. I thought you could play e2+ and basically keep my black square bishop tied to e1, my king stuck in the corner (for at least another 5 or so moves), and move your king to the centre ... although it may just sound easy to do in theory - I know you have to try to defend the e pawn us I can use my bishop to attack it.

CC Candidate Master
    For a corr. game, it's pretty hard to slip up from here. The e-pawn is doomed and your rook is too active, preventing me from getting the K to the center. And of course, you're 1 pawn up.

CC International Master Kerry Stead's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1min_grandmaster
    For a corr. game, it's pretty hard to slip up from here. The e-pawn is doomed and your rook is too active, preventing me from getting the K to the center. And of course, you're 1 pawn up.
    I'll take your word for it, though I'd be happy to play on in your position ... but maybe that's just me. Like I said, after swapping rooks and playing e2, the white king really does have difficulty getting out of the corner, white the black king doesn't have these problems.
    Thanks again for the game!

Thread Information