Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    CC Candidate Master

2011 Doeberl Cup

Hi all,

The 2011 Doeberl Cup is now taking entries www.doeberlcup.com.au. Last year we had a field of 250 players across the four tournaments. This year we hope to match or better that!

Prices for entry have remained unchanged, and our family rate continues with 3rd and subsequent members of families paying half price.

Ian Rogers is confirmed to provide his commentary for the five days of the tournament.

The Cup is later this year, coinciding with Anzac Day so for a special memory you may wish to attend the Dawn Service at our War Memorial and then wander down to Round 9! I have personally attended many of these across Australia and they are a moving ceremony in any location but the War Memorial makes it especially so.

CC Candidate Master

Overseas Players

Just a quick update,

We have had early interest from Indian, Bulgarian, and Bangladeshi players. It will all depend on our conditions but we have had interest expressed by two 2600+GM's which is a good start.

CC Candidate Master

Overseas Players

Hi all,

We have now offered conditions to four overseas players including two who have been here before GM Gagunashvili (2619) and GM Bojkov (2554). We have also offered conditions to GM Radulski (2606) and Petrov (2534) from Bulgaria.

We havent heard from any Indian players yet but that is the next step.

Cool, CB. It wd be great to see champion and recent New in Chess writer in Aus again. Dejan B that is. Good luck!
    Last edited by Adamski; 16-12-2010 at 06:51 AM.
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    President of, and arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski
    Cool, CB. It wd be great to see champion and recent New in Chess writer in Aus again. Dejan B that is. Good luck!
    I think we are a pretty good chance with him. We are just discussing billeting prior to the event and the chance of a simul on the previous weekend. He did a good article on us last year so that was good publicity.

Giving it a miss!

I am going to give Doeberl a miss in 2011!
    Too close to the SIO, and any way you look at it a week of rest and relaxation in Katoomba before the Parra Festival is more enticing than a week of playing chess in Canberra!
    I think about it in 2012!
    Good luck anyway!
    https://www.nswca.org.au/index.php
    ACF 3118316
    FIDE 3201457

From this day (13-11-20) onwards, I will only be posting, shouting and reading none other than chess related posts.
    Fully vaccinated since October, 21, 2021

CC Candidate Master

Overseas Players

Hi all,

Merry Xmas break. We are excited to announce our first overseas GM with GM David Arutinian from Georgia (2578) agreeing to come and play in the Doeberl Cup Premier tournament!

Many of you will have received your first Doeberl Cup Newsletter today - for those that haven't, you can signup on the front page of the website.

Also the TShirt competition is open again this year so look forward to those entries. There was an error in the TShirt competition - the winner will receive entry to this years tournament not last years as incorrectly stated

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles
    I think we are a pretty good chance with him. We are just discussing billeting prior to the event and the chance of a simul on the previous weekend. He did a good article on us last year so that was good publicity.
    I will just say this: You will see more of Dejan Bojkov here in Australia. Well done on the organisers in approaching him!

lost

Quote Originally Posted by lost
    I will just say this: You will see more of Dejan Bojkov here in Australia. Well done on the organisers in approaching him!

lost
    Dejan Bojkov does some video's and chess mentor course for chess.com which I really enjoy.

Hope he comes back to Oz !

cheers Garrett.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by lost

lost

We hope so. One of the criteria for an organiser is how easy a player is to get on with and he is very easy to get on with. He also is very interested in Australia and all it can show him!

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles
    We hope so. One of the criteria for an organiser is how easy a player is to get on with and he is very easy to get on with. He also is very interested in Australia and all it can show him!
    He is very easy to get along with and I have many a chat with him these days. I have to congratulate again the organisers on this.

lost

CC Candidate Master
    Hi all,

Just a couple of updates.

We also have just received acceptance from Darryl Johansen that he will be playing in the Doeberl. We will also be offering conditions to Deep Sengupta, Andrey Deviatkin, Ahbijit Kunte and Suraya Ganguly.

We have not yet arranged accommodation deals for the 2011 Doeberl Cup - this will be organised by the end of January.

Unfortunately a regular of the last few years Gawain Jones will be in the Northern Hemisphere for the tournament this year.

A happy new year to all,

Charles

CC Candidate Master
    GM Dariusz Swiercz (2540) told me the other day he would possibly come down under again to play in Doeberl and SIO if someone paid for his flight, as for his accomodation i can arrange that.

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Witty
    GM Dariusz Swiercz (2540) told me the other day he would possibly come down under again to play in Doeberl and SIO if someone paid for his flight, as for his accomodation i can arrange that.
    Just would like to let the organisers and chess enthuasists know that GM Dejan Bojkov is a likely starter for Doeberl and for the Parramatta Chess Festival (SIO).

This is good news and well done by the organisers in getting strong GM's to Australia to play in the best events that we have to offer here.

lost

CC Candidate Master
    Also have interest from GM Oleksandr Sulypa (2500) once again it's all about paying for the flight/accomodation with him. If someone pays i am certain he will be here.

Thread Information