View Poll Results: Jesus's Existence, Death & Resurrection?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • A prophet Jesus did exist circa AD 1

5 71.43%
  • This Jesus was crucifixied by Romans "&" Jews

5 71.43%
  • This Jesus after crucifixion was not resurrected

3 42.86%
  • This Jesus after cruficixion was resurrected

3 42.86%
  • Jesus of Bible combo of a few people

0 0%
  • Jesus had lover/wife and possibly children

2 28.57%
  • None of the above

1 14.29%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Good Friday Poll

In the flavour of today's holiday we should do something spiritual or otherwise don't take the holiday. All of you Christians at the Doeberl are hypocrites. Playing chess at the time of Christ's death.

At least you should do a few ultimate sacs to compensate. And at 3pm do an "ode" - like turn all the lights off, stop clocks and few minutes silence.

Can mod please modify poll to include "none of the above".
    Last edited by antichrist; 25-03-2005 at 06:12 AM.

... and a happy Easter to you too AC ... compliments of the season! You might also ask what a "good Christian" such as myself is doing on a bulletin board on such a sacred day?

My answer to that is two-fold: (1) I treat all days as equal (so today is not particularly special for me); and (2) even if I did treat today as special, I would have such concern for your eternal soul that I would be forced to visit here just so I could share the good news with you! What good news? God loves you mate! Have a great Easter.

P.S. Hope everyone else has a good holiday too. I'll be @ home doing paperwork for most of it unfortunately.

P.P.S. I won't make the mistake of ordering fish-n-chips for dinner tonight either .... last year we had to wait about 2 hours! I'm having a BBQ instead.
    Last edited by Spiny Norman; 25-03-2005 at 07:47 AM.
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

CC resident nutcase Trent Parker's Avatar
    I planned dinner for tonight yesterday.... A nice vegie stir fry with some prawns.. mmmmm.

What am i doing here on this sacred day? The rest of my family is down Sussex Inlet camping out over the long weekend. i'm home with my bro. So got nothing else better to do.

Doing paper work frosty? I'm doing work as well...... Cleaning up my room that has been a "bombs hit it" for the last couple of months...
    GO THE DRAGONS!
    GO Western Sydney Wanderers!
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski's signature
    God exists. Short and to the point.
    This is the reason I do not wade into religion threads.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Tonight I'm celebrating the day by going to a black metal gig called "Recrucifying the Bastard". The name of at least one of the bands performing is so inappropriate for this BB that I am surprised said band have not been prosecuted yet.

I have been surprised to discover recently that I can actually listen to black metal; it really isn't all that heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    ... and a happy Easter to you too AC ... compliments of the season! You might also ask what a "good Christian" such as myself is doing on a bulletin board on such a sacred day?

My answer to that is two-fold: (1) I treat all days as equal (so today is not particularly special for me); and (2) even if I did treat today as special, I would have such concern for your eternal soul that I would be forced to visit here just so I could share the good news with you! What good news? God loves you mate! Have a great Easter.

P.S. Hope everyone else has a good holiday too. I'll be @ home doing paperwork for most of it unfortunately.
    even Jesus cant stop the paperwork paperwork is all powerful, dont mess with it

It should be noted that today is also the feast* (actually i think because it coincides with good friday this year it gets reclassified as a solemnity) of the annunication so a double paradox in that the virgin mary conceives and sees her son die on the same day

eclectic
    Last edited by eclectic; 25-03-2005 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic
    It should be noted that today is also the feast* (actually i think because it coincides with good friday this year it gets reclassified as a solemnity) of the annunication so a double paradox in that the virgin mary conceives and sees her son die on the same day

eclectic
    That Holy Ghost has a lot to answer for. Did he pay child maintenance? Did they do a DNA test? May have been the camel trader.

There was a radical uni group in Sydney who would distribute phamplets titled "Kill Christ Again". The leader has now become a feature writer for Sydney Morning Herald.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    Tonight I'm celebrating the day by going to a black metal gig called "Recrucifying the Bastard". The name of at least one of the bands performing is so inappropriate for this BB that I am surprised said band have not been prosecuted yet.
    Desperados hanging on grimly to their marketing "point of difference".
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    Desperados hanging on grimly to their marketing "point of difference".
    I suppose they could argue they're talking about Sparticus.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC Grandmaster
    antichrist, do some maths. How could Jesus have spent three days in the grave if he died 3pm Friday and was raised by dawn on Sunday? I don't hold much store in Good Friday because the idea Jesus died on Friday is just wrong.
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Freddy
    antichrist, do some maths. How could Jesus have spent three days in the grave if he died 3pm Friday and was raised by dawn on Sunday? I don't hold much store in Good Friday because the idea Jesus died on Friday is just wrong.
    Mark 15:42 says that he was prepared and entombed on the day before the Sabbath. That would have been Friday afternoon. Then Mark 16:1 says the women went to the tomb the morning after the Sabbath was over (ie Sunday morning). So what's the problem?

CC Grandmaster
    Under the law of Moses there were three other days also called Sabbath's even though they where not Saturday's. One of these was the Passover. I would contend that the Sabbath referred to is not a Saturaday but the Passover.
    Scott

Scott
    it's how the reckoning is done

friday for the first day
    saturday for the second
    sunday for the third

the idea is most likely to indicate that he has been dead for at least a complete day before his resurrection

eclectic

Under the law of Moses there were three other days also called Sabbath's even though they where not Saturday's. One of these was the Passover. I would contend that the Sabbath referred to is not a Saturaday but the Passover.
    AFAIK Mark does not make any distinction. Why do you think he is talking about two different Sabbaths?

CC Grandmaster
    Well it would be my opinion that the Passover was on the Friday and then there was the normal Sabbath was on the Saturday meaning there was two consectative Sabbath's.
    Scott

Thread Information