CC Candidate Master

March 2005 All Players by Rank and State

The attached excel file (v6) contains 14 worksheets, two for each state's rated players (March 2005).

The worksheets with 'all' in the name provides all of that state's players (regardless of symbol) ranked in rating order.

The worksheet with 'reliable' in the name provides that state's reliably rated players (those with a !! or ! symbol) ranked in rating order.

The worksheets are set to print 60 players plus the headings on each page.

CC Candidate Master
    I have attached below an updated excel file (zipped) that includes the corrections Bill made last night.

Any suggestions for future excel worksheets considered

That smart Karthick will soon work out a way of creating some sort of searchable function on this here BB so we just type our name in or some substring thereof and, voila!

AR

CC Grandmaster
    How come Michael Wilkins is missing from the WA list?

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by pax
    Ah. I guess you are just processing the Active list, not the master?

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by pax
    Michael has not been active since prior to June 2003 (the criteria for the active list). He played in the nationals at the start of 2003 and did well (beat Smerdon), then the Midland Masters from Feb to April but has not played since

He keeps himself busy with work, sports (including competition frisbee), computer games.

I have heard that he may consider playing in the state allegro. He is the kind of quick player that could come back after a gap and play at a similar standard to before.

Reader in Slood Dynamics Rincewind's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    That smart Karthick will soon work out a way of creating some sort of searchable function on this here BB so we just type our name in or some substring thereof and, voila!
    You can already do that with my rating calculator. However, haven't updated it with March ratings just yet.
    So einfach wie möglich, aber nicht einfacher - Albert Einstein

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by rob
    Michael has not been active since prior to June 2003 (the criteria for the active list). He played in the nationals at the start of 2003 and did well (beat Smerdon), then the Midland Masters from Feb to April but has not played since

He keeps himself busy with work, sports (including competition frisbee), computer games.

I have heard that he may consider playing in the state allegro. He is the kind of quick player that could come back after a gap and play at a similar standard to before.
    Not quite correct Rob.

Michael beat Smerdon in the 1st round of the 2002 Australian Championship in Melbourne (and scored a very good with 50% against opposition that generally outrated him by several hundred points). He then came equal last! in the 2002 Midland Masters with only 2/7.

In 2003 he played in the Australian Open in Penrith and scored a very good 7.5/11. He also came =3rd in the rapid (beating Solomon in the last round) and was =1st going into the last round of the lightning (might have done even better if he hadn't earlier blundered against me)

In the 2003 Midland Masters he only scored 4/9.
    Perhaps you are a little optimistic. He did play in the Midland Lightning Championship several months after the Masters and appeared very rusty (leaving multiple pieces en prise against me etc.), so it may take him some time if he comes back (I do hope he does) to get back to his previous strength.

Thread Information