Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

2004 Grand Prix results

Hello everyone,

Now dont everyone fall over in amazement, but attached are the provisional results from the open division of the 2004 grand prix.

Can someone from each state check that all tournaments that they believe should have been included in the grand prix are there? Much appreciated.

Reminder to all players that it is a players top five points scores that count towards the total points tally, as per the old website http://www.loganarts.com/gp2004/gp2004.htm

Cheers,

Garvin Gray
    2004 Grand Prix Co-ordinator
    Last edited by Garvinator; 25-02-2005 at 08:44 PM.

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    The event which you list as "Tas Champs" is in fact the Tas Open. The Tas Champs should also be included.
    Moderation Requests: All requests for, comments about, or questions about moderation of any kind including thread changes must be posted in the Help and Feedback section and not on the thread in question. (Or by private message for routine changes or sensitive matters.)

ACF Newsletter Information - All Australian players and administrators should subscribe and check each issue for relevant notices

My psephology/politics site (token chess references only) : http://kevinbonham.blogspot.com.au/ Politics twitter feed https://twitter.com/kevinbonham

CC Candidate Master
    with the 'grand prix' link off the acf homepage...

has somebody got the username/password for http://www.loganarts.com/gp2004/gp2004.htm
    and done a rm -rf yet (or got www.loganarts.com to do it)?!

all the info there is wrong.
    (rogers is not even in the list there)

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ggrayggray

Now dont everyone fall over in amazement, but attached are the provisional results from the open division of the 2004 grand prix.
    GG.
    It must have been a painfull and tortuous exercise to finally come up with some form of results: provisional, and the open division only....
    However, some of the points distributed for the Ballarat Begonia seem wrong: the 5-6 prize winners should have received 3 GP point each, instead of 7.5. Another random-check: the lower placings at the Coffs H. tournament should have received 1.2 instead of 0.6 GP points, in my opinion.
    Perhaps there are more errors....?

Quote Originally Posted by Bas
    GG.
    It must have been a painfull and tortuous exercise to finally come up with some form of results: provisional, and the open division only....
    However, some of the points distributed for the Ballarat Begonia seem wrong: the 5-6 prize winners should have received 3 GP point each, instead of 7.5. Another random-check: the lower placings at the Coffs H. tournament should have received 1.2 instead of 0.6 GP points, in my opinion.
    Perhaps there are more errors....?
    Hello Bas,

You are correct about the ballarat results and I have corrected them on my files, but I need some help for coffs. I am unsure if coffs was cat 2 or cat 3. I thought it was cat 3, but checking the grand prix website, it says cat 2, but my gut feeling still tells me cat 3. Therefore, can someone assist me as to the category of the Coffs tournament please.

Kevin,

I will add the extra event as you have pointed out, can you send me the extra results. I am sorry for the lack of knowledge for some of the events that I have lost track of since I took over last year.

Quote Originally Posted by quanta
    with the 'grand prix' link off the acf homepage...

has somebody got the username/password for http://www.loganarts.com/gp2004/gp2004.htm
    and done a rm -rf yet (or got www.loganarts.com to do it)?!

all the info there is wrong.
    (rogers is not even in the list there)
    yes the info is all wrong. It has been for a long time. I attempted to get the passwords etc from Bob Keast and his son, but after a while and alot of emails, I was unable to work out the information I was given and also Chris (Bobs son) didnt reply to my emails after a while, so I just continued collating results as I had been doing for a while.

My pc crashed the night before I left for mt buller and have not been able to get the information back. Therefore I had to start all over again and here is where I am atm.

By the way, the womens results are half way finished.

I think the order of completed results will be finished in the order of:

Open
    Womens
    Unrated
    Under 2000
    Under 1600
    Juniors.

Hello Bas,

You are correct about the ballarat results and I have corrected them on my files, but I need some help for coffs. I am unsure if coffs was cat 2 or cat 3. I thought it was cat 3, but checking the grand prix website, it says cat 2, but my gut feeling still tells me cat 3. Therefore, can someone assist me as to the category of the Coffs tournament please.
    It is fairly simple.
    Just look up the avderts for the events in the ACF bulletins from last year on the ACF web site.
    Use the advert closest to the tournament start date as it is likely to be the most accurate.

Coffs was Cat 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    It is fairly simple.
    Just look up the avderts for the events in the ACF bulletins from last year on the ACF web site.
    Use the advert closest to the tournament start date as it is likely to be the most accurate.

Coffs was Cat 3.
    the last acf bulletin i had saved was december 30, so that wasnt an option. Thank you Bill.

I have now corrected the coffs results as well.

the last acf bulletin i had saved was december 30, so that wasnt an option. Thank you Bill.
    All of the ACF bulletins are on ACF web site under Aussie News.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    All of the ACF bulletins are on ACF web site under Aussie News.
    You beat me to it, Bill. I was about to say the same thing!

Garvin

Surely the best (and most accurate) way to find what tournaments should be in the 2004 GP would be to contact ACF Treasurer Norm Greenwood and get a list of which tournaments have paid their 2004 GP fees?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S
    Garvin

Surely the best (and most accurate) way to find what tournaments should be in the 2004 GP would be to contact ACF Treasurer Norm Greenwood and get a list of which tournaments have paid their 2004 GP fees?
    not really as I believe I was told at the acf council meeting to include all events that I have been informed of and the acf treasurer will chase up fees later.

So there could be events on the calendar etc that Norm is not aware of yet unlikely as that is

not really as I believe I was told at the acf council meeting to include all events that I have been informed of and the acf treasurer will chase up fees later.
    That is surprising. I would have thought that the ACF would have made sure that all GP tournament fees are collected before handing out GP prizes and any tournaments that have not paid their fees by a certain date (say 31/12/04 or 31/1/05) would not have their tournament as part of the 2004 GP. BTW, this could affect who wins what prize (eg there is very little between Ian Rogers and George Xie for first and second in the Open division).

Quote Originally Posted by Paul S
    That is surprising. I would have thought that the ACF would have made sure that all GP tournament fees are collected before handing out GP prizes and any tournaments that have not paid their fees by a certain date (say 31/12/04 or 31/1/05) would not have their tournament as part of the 2004 GP. BTW, this could affect who wins what prize (eg there is very little between Ian Rogers and George Xie for first and second in the Open division).
    I think the thinking was that it isnt really fair to punish the players for the actions of the organisers.
    From 2006 there will be some reforms to the gp and I would say that one of them is that if a tournament hasnt paid their fees, they wont be included for the following year.

CC Candidate Master
    yes the info is all wrong. It has been for a long time. I attempted to get the passwords etc from Bob Keast and his son, but after a while and alot of emails, I was unable to work out the information I was given and also Chris (Bobs son) didnt reply to my emails after a while, so I just continued collating results as I had been doing for a while.

My pc crashed the night before I left for mt buller and have not been able to get the information back. Therefore I had to start all over again and here is where I am atm.

By the way, the womens results are half way finished.

I think the order of completed results will be finished in the order of:

Open
    Womens
    Unrated
    Under 2000
    Under 1600
    Juniors.
    fair enough.
    fingers crossed chris does zip the site up and delete sometime in future
    so google don't keep referencing for future grand prixs.

Thread Information