View Poll Results: Should Antichrist's post have been deleted?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • No

4 57.14%
  • Yes

3 42.86%
  • Silent majority vote here

0 0%
  • Perfectionists vote here

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Antichrist Barred Poll

Last night I was temporary barred for repeatedly posting a message which the mods repeatedly deemed to delete.

The message was to the effect:

NB I have already been given permission to post it this morning

It was in the ratings thread and the discussion about how to convert junior ratings to adult was done for. I had already asked Bunta how he found using the BB, this post and his answer is probably still there.

I posted on that thread because that was the only thread that Bunta was likely to read ever, and esp. at that time of the morning. And as a youngster I was genuinely interested in his opinion -- even if it was hostile to mine.

Also Bill was taking part in the discussion so it was a relevant thread to an extent. I also said that I was not going to be censored but I think that was irrelevant.

As said many times before I am a very democratic person...
    Last edited by antichrist; 21-02-2005 at 09:27 AM.

Account Permanently Banned firegoat7's Avatar
    Hello A/C

There are probably many of us who are not familiar with the reasons behind your banning. So, Just for the record would you be able to give an account of the processes that were employed against you. How many warnings did you get? Did somebody suggest you would be banned? Is their an official email communication from the mods outlining the reasons for your banning? Was their agreement amongst the mods about your banning?

You were only suspended, but it would be useful to recognise that in the future you might be banned completely. In that case, it may be helpful to ensure that this dosen't happen, by being aware of future guidelines.

Cheers FG7

Well that didn't seem very fair.

AR

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    Last night I was temporary barred for repeatedly posting a message which the mods repeatedly deemed to delete.

The message was to the effect:

NB I have already been given permission to post it this morning

It was in the ratings thread and the discussion about how to convert junior ratings to adult was done for. I had already asked Bunta how he found using the BB, this post and his answer is probably still there.

I posted on that thread because that was the only thread that Bunta was likely to read ever, and esp. at that time of the morning. And as a youngster I was genuinely interested in his opinion -- even if it was hostile to mine.

Also Bill was taking part in the discussion so it was a relevant thread to an extent. I also send that I was not going to be censored but I think that was irrelevant.

As said many times before I am a very democratic person...
    Although DR and I were disagreeing with regards his response to Bunta I had refrained from calling him names.
    You on the other hand were deliberately trying to start a fight in a thread where there was no fight in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    Hello A/C

There are probably many of us who are not familiar with the reasons behind your banning. So, Just for the record would you be able to give an account of the processes that were employed against you. How many warnings did you get? Did somebody suggest you would be banned? Is their an official email communication from the mods outlining the reasons for your banning? Was their agreement amongst the mods about your banning?

You were only suspended, but it would be useful to recognise that in the future you might be banned completely. In that case, it may be helpful to ensure that this dosen't happen, by being aware of future guidelines.

Cheers FG7
    The Admin/Mods deleted AC's post.
    He reposted it.
    They deleted it and temporarily banned him.

Quote Originally Posted by firegoat7
    Hello A/C

There are probably many of us who are not familiar with the reasons behind your banning. So, Just for the record would you be able to give an account of the processes that were employed against you. How many warnings did you get?

A/C
    Zero

FG7
    Did somebody suggest you would be banned?

A/C No

FG7
    Is their an official email communication from the mods outlining the reasons for your banning?

A/C
    No

FG7
    Was their agreement amongst the mods about your banning?

A/c
    Told nothing

FG7

Cheers FG7
    A/C
    As I thought the deletions were way over the top so I kept posting. I was only discussing other people's rudeness on the BB, yet I got the penalty -- not the bully-boy. I was not been abusive.
    Last edited by antichrist; 21-02-2005 at 09:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gletsos
    Although DR and I were disagreeing with regards his response to Bunta I had refrained from calling him names.
    You on the other hand were deliberately trying to start a fight in a thread where there was no fight in progress.
    There would have only been a fight if you could not control your responses, like you often cannot.

Part of maturity is accepting what we may find awkward because we have gotten ourselves into that situation.

What you may found awkward is that you seen yourself as the Chess Assoc official and your personality was been exposed to a youngster.

But I had not mentioned names and that beginner would not have known who I may have been referring to.
    Last edited by antichrist; 21-02-2005 at 09:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by antichrist
    There would have only been a fight if you could control your responses, like you often cannot.

Part of maturity is accepting what we may find awkward because we have gotten ourselves into that situation.

What you may found awkward is that you seen yourself as the Chess Assoc official and your personality was been exposed to a youngster.

But I had not mentioned names and that beginner would not have known who I may have been referring to.
    Your post had absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic.
    You were being deliberately provocative.

Account Permanently Banned
    Your post had absolutely nothing to do with the thread topic.
    You were being deliberately provocative.
    ^
    I don't think either of these points are relevant, but I don't think we should even be supporting /not-supporting MODs decisions. They are volunteers, and are there by our consensus of reasonableness.

I will not be voting in this poll.
    starter
    Last edited by ursogr8; 21-02-2005 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by starter
    ^
    I don't think either of these points are relevant,
    I suspect the latter is relevant.
    but I don't think we should even be supporting /not-supporting MODs decisions. They are volunteers, and are there by our consensus of reasonableness.
    Agreed.
    The Mods saw fit to delete his post. He was stupid enough to repost it.
    They temporarily suspended his account for what seemed like 30 mins-1hr.
    I will not be voting in this poll.
    Nor will I.

Account Permanently Banned
    I suspect the latter is relevant.
    Fortunately, you are wrong. Otherwise, half my posts might suffer.

The Mods saw fit to delete his post. He was stupid enough to repost it.
    They temporarily suspended his account for what seemed like 30 mins-1hr.
    Now this bit is relevant.

Nor will I.
    Not that I wannabe a MOD, but we are in accord.

starter

In an amazing burst of speed a/c has inreased the differential from 7 to 43 in 3 days. The stewards have intervened and a/c has been banned. The Punters Club changes to a bet on one of three outcomes > the MOD takes advantage of the other MODS action >> a/c leaves >>> in 5 moves, Caketin wins .
    __________________________________________--

A/C appealed and is off and running again.

TCN is penalised twenty places for boredom and crawling.

Bunta is off the track changing his nappies.

AR made an impression early but has faded away

AFL goalposts has adopted a new slant, deflecting frontal attacks.

Starter is protecting his rear end.

DR challenged the stewards but has left the course.

BD is playing God with relish.
    _____________________________________________-

I should be better again by tomorrow so I will be off line -- Godda willing!
    Last edited by antichrist; 21-02-2005 at 03:09 PM.

I think I can shed some light on the matter. I posted a simple response to Bunta, which I thought was correct at the time. But then Bill went bezerko because I'd been too cautious with the variance. Antichrist, sensing a possible conflagration over what was a simple mistake on my part, stepped in to try to douse the discourse to avoid upsetting our juvenile enquirer.

Obviously at this point some mod completely lost his head and deleted Antichrist post, presumably to deliberately inflame Bill into action.

I wonder if some mods around enjoy this kind of provocation? I notice the BB has been a little quiet and maybe they see this as a way of entertainment. I can only feel sorry for Antichrist who through his innocent chivalry became unwittingly ambushed by some ruthless mod. I vote no!
    Power comes from the barrel of a gun.

Quote Originally Posted by David_Richards
    I think I can shed some light on the matter. I posted a simple response to Bunta, which I thought was correct at the time.
    Rubbish, Recherché noted that your response was worthless before I did.
    But then Bill went bezerko
    Now you ar just misrepresentimng the situation. I was anything but berzerko. I hadnt abused you.
    because I'd been too cautious with the variance.
    Because you had no clue as usual.
    Antichrist, sensing a possible conflagration over what was a simple mistake on my part, stepped in to try to douse the discourse to avoid upsetting our juvenile enquirer.
    The only thing Antichrist did was try and douse it in petrol.
    Bunta saw what a fool Antichrist was.
    Obviously at this point some mod completely lost his head and deleted Antichrist post, presumably to deliberately inflame Bill into action.
    Again you misrepresent the facts.
    I made one comment after AC's made his post beofre his post was deleted.
    Both AC's post and my reply which quoted his post were deleted.
    AC then reposted his post. It was again deleted and he was baned.
    I wonder if some mods around enjoy this kind of provocation? I notice the BB has been a little quiet and maybe they see this as a way of entertainment. I can only feel sorry for Antichrist who through his innocent chivalry became unwittingly ambushed by some ruthless mod. I vote no!
    What a load of crap.
    There was no innnnocent chivalry on Antichrists part. All he was trying to do was inflame a situation where no abuse had occurred.
    Bunta saw him for the fool he is.

Bill, do not fall into David's trap... he can already feel the line being tugged.

Thread Information