Thread: war on terror

CC International Master

war on terror

A very influential policy document has been written for President Bush.

Titled "An End to Evil: How to Win the War on Terror", this book by Perle has asked Bush to have regime changes in Iran and Syria, and start a blockade of North Korea, with Bush's new preemptive attack doctrine used to attack North Korea.

It is very very heartening for me to know that there are such infgluential thinkers within the USA, who share my concerns and attitudes about the threat to the free world. Iran in particular has mad mullahs who want to destroy us and christianity, and it is about time we removed them from power, and stopped their WMDs.

I however was also pleased that the neo conservatives, also have targetteed France as a rival, and that the Europe as a battleground for US influence. Liek I stated in one of teh old ACF threads, it is dangerous for teh USA to have an alternate power structure emerge in USA, and it seems that this is now being addressed. With China and Saudi also targetteed as potential rivals, this policy manifesto gives President Bush and the US military a strategic vision to address all threats to us for the medium term future.

details are at
    http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2003/...546588325.html

CC International Master
    Syrian President has refused to abandon the Syrian WMD program

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...268013733.html

Not a good move considering that Bush has 100,000+ troops in neighbouring Iraq, and that Israel now is under threat and may be obliged to bomb these WMD sites in self defence
    Always do your Best

Here's something for KB and Paul_B, though perhaps not CL.

http://www.foreignaffairs.org/20040101facomment83101/kenneth-roth/the-law-of-war-in-the-war-on-terror.html

AR

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Thanks AR.

CC International Master
    It is terrorist apologetics like you that encourage terrorism, by giving it the cloak of respectability. :x What you do not understand is that terrorists obey no law, and want to kill all of us in the West in the name of Islam.

The only way to meet this horrific islamic terrorrism, is to show zero tolerence, and use any and all means to defeat it.

An example of the zero tolerence and the unstinted support Israel's highest authority gives to the anti terror (wether military or propoganda), is when Ariel Sharon said that Israel is 100% behind the actions of it's ambassador, who was so provoked by a sculpture that promoted anti israei terror that he smashed it to bits..

Sweden states that it is going to call the ambassador and complain about it, and as israel will defend the ambassador, this will be a big diplomatic incident

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...360636851.html

Instead of criticing Presdient Bush, and restraining USA from using all the resources that it has to eliminate terror, we should all back Bush in the war agaisnt terror

Remember that the same islamic terrorists that kill israels, kill americans and kill Australians - remember Bali.

The artist will be delighted with the free publicity and in destruction, the artwork has now been seen by far more than would ever have seen it normally, so this whole thing is at best a farce for Israel even if it is considered well-intentioned.

I reckon the Ambassador's action was a sad piece of thin-skinned thuggery showing both a disrespect for the artist's free speech, and a complete misunderstanding of the intentions of the artist. It looks to me like a statement which at least points out the ambiguity of the suicide bomber's actions - if Snow White is sailing on a sea of red which she herself has created, then she's hardly so pure and innocent after all.

CL, what did you think of the fatwah Iran slapped on Salman Rushdie?

CC International Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham
    I reckon the Ambassador's action was a sad piece of thin-skinned thuggery

CL, what did you think of the fatwah Iran slapped on Salman Rushdie?
    1. This will ensure that anti-jewish and anti-israeli "art" that propogate the hatred of jews and israel is not shown anymore - as the countries that show these art in the meusuems will know that Israel will vigerously protest this. In that regard it was a "strategic"victory for Israel. People think that just because of the way the jewish people were led off to slaughter in the Holocast, that Israel will roll over and let it be attacked without retaliation by Islamic terrorists.

2. Rushdie was exercising his right to free speech. There is a big difference between free speech, and promoting the killing of jews and glorifying the terrorist attacks. I have read Satanic Verses, and there is nothing there that asks people to kill muslims or glorifies the killing of muslims

You have not addressed my point about the likely true meaning of the artwork, until you do there is no point continuing this discussion.

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar

You didn't notice

What CL has failed to notice and only came out in the SMH that the artist was an Jew who hates what the Israeli govt is doing to the Palestinians, i.e., stealing land.

Also today for the first time in the SMH the pro-Israeli commentator ... Friedman from NY Times (I think) has come out and said that Bush and Sharon have got it all wrong and only creating more insurmountable trouble. READ IT!

He would not acknowledge such before (as far as my memory goes).

CC International Master
    HAs anyone read the book by Michael Moore - "Dude where is my country?"

Just finished reading it and it is funny and serious at the same time.

It is an anti-Bush book, and those who hate Bush and his policies will find total agreement with Moore. People like me who support Bush on his war on terror 100% will not be swayed, but people who are undecided or "soft" Bush may well be swayed by Moore

It details the relationship between the Bush family and the Saudi royals, including the Bin laden family, and seems to indicate that Bush lied about the WMD and this is all about oil. It also blasts Bush and the Republicans for the corruption by american CEOs, the close relationships between them and the Bush Administration and the tax cuts for the wealthy.

I agreed with 100% was the condemnation of the pro gun policy of Bush and the republicans

It also states that US is a natural liberal country - with just 25% of the country conservative, and most americans in favour of abortion, homosexulaity, universal health care, affirmative action, mixed marriges, pro environment, anti-guns etc.

However I found offensive the way it stated that Bush was stupid (for still listening to the kids reading after being informed of the terror attacks on 9/11) and a chicken (for running off in AirForce One all over USA and landing in high security airforce bases). Also offensive was the way it made fun of Bush for believing that God is with him, and Bush's faith in God and that he was the man chosen by God in this time of peril

Overall however Moore is a very clever and entertaining writer

CC International Master
    who would have thought that Mel Gobson could be an anti-semite?

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...965436472.html

All this film will do is to encourage more hatred against Israel in the West - is not the hatred of the muslims enough?

Shame Mel Shame :x

Account Shoutbox Banned antichrist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chesslover
    who would have thought that Mel Gobson could be an anti-semite?

http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2004/...965436472.html

All this film will do is to encourage more hatred against Israel in the West - is not the hatred of the muslims enough?

Shame Mel Shame :x
    CL
    You did answer when I pointed out that it was a Jewish artist in Sweden, typical, you go to ground when you can't answer.

Christians (Catholic nuns) taught me to hate Jews because they had JC crucified, fortunately or unfortunately it did not sink in.

Thread Information