CC Candidate Master The_Wise_Man's Avatar

Post St George Chess Club AGM

The following people were elected to office at the St George AGM last night.

Patron: George Baikovas
    President: Chris Nikolaou
    Vice-President: Ngan Koshnitsky
    Secretary: Anthony Belz
    Treasurer: Paul Sike
    Club Captain: Charles Zworestine
    Publicity: Louie Reyes
    Webmaster: Allan Richards
    Sports Council Rep: Brian Allison
    Equipment Officers: John Matson, Sam Sharkawy and Mirsad Zekic
    General Committee: Thierry Ollivain, Brian Press and Terence Wall

Also a special thank you to the retiring President Kerry Stead and Vice-President Leon Munk....

Some very exciting ideas got mentioned in the general business... stay tuned for developments...

Wise

Yes, it was quite a good meeting.

The Wise Man (who chaired the meeting) and Charles Z deserve the credit for getting all the positions filled with their prior behind the scenes lobbying and encouragement of "waverers" at the meeting.

I'm pleased the Secretary position has now been filled as this should mean that I won't have to take the minutes of next year's AGM (in the absence of a Secretary I ended up taking the minutes of Tuesday's AGM)!

I am looking forward to the St George Club Championship (due mainly to its divisional round robin format - playing players of around your own rating) which starts next week. It is certainly an asset for St George to have someone like Charles Z as the tournament organiser - very few people would be prepered to put up with the hassle of orgainising a comp like this (certainly I don't think I would ever organise a comp like this what with sorting out 50 odd players into 5 divisions, typing up information sheets and the draw, providing regular email result updates etc!).
    Last edited by Paul S; 17-02-2005 at 12:06 AM.

Hey Paulie, what happened with the Bankstown club rapid mate?

AR

Quote Originally Posted by arosar
    Hey Paulie, what happened with the Bankstown club rapid mate?

AR
    Hi Amiel

Not sure what your post has to do with the St George AGM........nonetheless, I will answer your question...........you certainly have a good nose for sniffing out unusual incidents!

Anyway...........for Amiel's benefit...... the Canterbury Rapidplay was originally supposed to be over 9 rounds (30 minutes per player per game - 3 rounds per night) on 7/2/05, 14/2/05 and 21/2/05. However, on 7/2/05 there was a blackout (power failure) at the Leagues Club which could not be fixed and so no chess could be played on 7/2/05!!! So, the Rapidplay is now a 7 round event (3 rounds on 14/2/05 and 4 rounds on 21/2/05 with 25 minutes per player per game - setting #2 on the DGT2000).

Like I say, I am not sure what Amiel's post has to do with the St George AGM...........

CC Candidate Master The_Wise_Man's Avatar

Changing of the Guard at St George

The following people were elected to office at the St George Chess Club AGM last night.

President: Jamie Roberts
    Vice-President: John Nichas
    Secretary: Anthony Belz
    Treasurer: Michael Van Der Kolff
    Club Captain: Charles Zworestine
    Publicity: vacant
    Webmaster: Aina Musaeva
    Sports Council Rep: Brian Allison
    Equipment Officers: John Matson, Sam Sharkawy and Mirsad Zekic
    General Committee: Brian Press, Terence Wall, Peter Johansson and Muhamed Buza

I must thank the committee for their efforts in 2005.

Wise
    Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
    Plato

Quote Originally Posted by The_Wise_Man
    Being a Mexican, I am not familiar with George ... what is his background and why was he offered the post as patron? I have been thinking for some time that my club would benefit from a high-profile patron ... perhaps a patron-saint ... ... anyway, I think having a club patron gives a club an increased profile and lends itself to increased publicity/marketing opportunities.
    “As you perhaps know, I haven't always been a Christian. I didn't go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don't recommend Christianity.” -- C.S.Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Frosty
    Being a Mexican, I am not familiar with George ... what is his background and why was he offered the post as patron? I have been thinking for some time that my club would benefit from a high-profile patron ... perhaps a patron-saint ... ... anyway, I think having a club patron gives a club an increased profile and lends itself to increased publicity/marketing opportunities.
    ACTJCL has a local pollie (from the wrong side of the fence from my perspective but you can't have everything).

He is accompanied by media as a general rule, has mentioned us in the Hansard and shakes hands with lots of hearty enthusiasm

Thread Information