Page 287 of 292 FirstFirst ... 187237277285286287288289 ... LastLast
Results 4,291 to 4,305 of 4377

Thread: Cricket

  1. #4291
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,739
    Sri Lanka beats South Africa again!

  2. #4292
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,739
    World Cup is on now. In recent games Bangladesh have beaten South Africa and Pakistan have beaten England. However Pakistan also only just managed to see out their 20 overs in a 50-over game against West Indies, so they are as inconsistent as usual.

  3. #4293
    CC Grandmaster
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    4,882
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    World Cup is on now. In recent games Bangladesh have beaten South Africa and Pakistan have beaten England. However Pakistan also only just managed to see out their 20 overs in a 50-over game against West Indies, so they are as inconsistent as usual.
    Pakistan-England was a cracker of a game! Pakistan was put in and (justifying their inconsistent tag) made almost 350, which England just failed to chase.

  4. #4294
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,739
    Another victim for Bangladesh - West Indies scored 321 which they disposed of with the small matter of 8.3 overs to spare.

    That moves Bangladesh to fifth but at the moment Aus, NZ, India and England are a pretty clear top four.

  5. #4295
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,739
    Eoin Morgan vs Afghanistan 148 (71), 17x6,4x4. New ODI record for most sixes then out the ball after breaking it.

  6. #4296
    CC Grandmaster road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,490
    Noticed this :

    Semi Final
    If a Semi-Final is tied, the teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine which team progresses to the Final.

    Has this ever been used in an ODI? Don't recall seeing it.
    meep meep

  7. #4297
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wynyard,Tas
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Noticed this :

    Semi Final
    If a Semi-Final is tied, the teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine which team progresses to the Final.

    Has this ever been used in an ODI? Don't recall seeing it.
    I don't recall it either. Often the arrangement is that the team which qualifies higher wins a draw or washout. Presumably this still applies for a washout, or a tie in the super over.

  8. #4298
    CC Grandmaster road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout View Post
    I don't recall it either. Often the arrangement is that the team which qualifies higher wins a draw or washout. Presumably this still applies for a washout, or a tie in the super over.
    Yes that appears to be the case for the semis:

    Semi Final
    If a Semi-Final is tied, the teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine which team progresses to the Final.
    If following a tie, weather conditions prevent the Super Over from being completed, or if the match is abandoned or a no result at the end of the reserve day, then the team which proceeds to the Final will be the team that finished in the higher position in the League Stage.

    Final
    In the event of a tied final, the teams shall compete in a Super Over to determine which team is the winner.
    If following a tie, weather conditions prevent the Super Over from being completed, or if the match is abandoned or a no result at the end of the reserve day, the teams shall be declared joint winners.
    meep meep

  9. #4299
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,739
    Sri Lanka somehow defeated a very modest target against England but someone would still have to do very badly in remaining matches for the final four to shift.

  10. #4300
    CC Grandmaster Adamski's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Penrith, NSW
    Posts
    8,693
    NZ and Aus are at the top of the ladder. NZ are as yet undefeated, though surviving a scare vs West Indies. That was an exciting end to a game.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

    Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

    Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

    Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

  11. #4301
    CC Grandmaster road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    NZ and Aus are at the top of the ladder. NZ are as yet undefeated, though surviving a scare vs West Indies. That was an exciting end to a game.
    Yes aussies beat England to see the latter teetering on the edge of the top 4.
    meep meep

  12. #4302

  13. #4303
    Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    37,739
    England looking wobbly now in final four terms. They are one point ahead of Pakistan and Bangladesh.

    England play India and New Zealand.
    Pakistan play Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
    Bangladesh also play India.

  14. #4304
    CC Grandmaster road runner's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    on the skin of the pale blue dot
    Posts
    12,490
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    England looking wobbly now in final four terms. They are one point ahead of Pakistan and Bangladesh.

    England play India and New Zealand.
    Pakistan play Afghanistan and Bangladesh.
    Bangladesh also play India.
    Yes I think they'll have to beat at least 1 of India or NZ to make it.
    meep meep

  15. #4305
    CC International Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Wynyard,Tas
    Posts
    2,200
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Yes I think they'll have to beat at least 1 of India or NZ to make it.
    They certainly will, because Bangladesh and Pakistan are on 7, one point behind. Those two are still to play each other so barring a draw or washout one of them will win and overtake England. Pakistan also still have Afghanistan to play so England may need to win both.

    A semi-final schedule of Aus v NZ and Ind v Pak looks a good chance.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. so do you play cricket?
    By ER in forum Non-Chess
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 30-11-2009, 02:00 AM
  2. removed from Cricket
    By Duff McKagan in forum Non-Chess
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2009, 12:05 PM
  3. Cricket: AUS vs SL, 2nd Test
    By Spiny Norman in forum Non-Chess
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 16-11-2007, 11:44 AM
  4. Cricket: AUS vs SL, 1st Test
    By Spiny Norman in forum Non-Chess
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 13-11-2007, 12:18 PM
  5. what cricket needs
    By Davidflude in forum Non-Chess
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13-07-2005, 04:56 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •