Page 286 of 286 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286
Results 4,276 to 4,290 of 4290

Thread: Cricket

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Bonham View Post
    I'm pretty sure it is; the lowest previous high score I could find for the winning team in a 10-wicket Test victory was 56.

There have been two cases where the team winning by ten wickets made scores of 50+ in the second innings only (in one of those cases, both openers did.)
    Thanks!

I tried searching through cricinfo but couldn't get the filters how I wanted.
    meep meep

Monster of the deep Kevin Bonham's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Thanks!

I tried searching through cricinfo but couldn't get the filters how I wanted.
    I couldn't either, but I was curious enough to get it to bring up all 116 ten-wicket victories and open 116 tabs to check them one by one!

I suspect there might be lower high scores in matches won by an innings but I didn't check.

The end of an era in NZ cricket. Brendon (Baz) McCullum has hung up his boots. Typically, he ended with a fast 50 in a T20 for Brisbane Heat. I won't forget his triple centuries or 6's. And I went to high school with his dad, Stu.
    God exists. Short and to the point.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    The end of an era in NZ cricket. Brendon (Baz) McCullum has hung up his boots. Typically, he ended with a fast 50 in a T20 for Brisbane Heat. I won't forget his triple centuries or 6's. And I went to high school with his dad, Stu.
    Isn't he playing the last game? Bit of a lean series for him TBH.
    meep meep

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Adamski View Post
    Brendon was rated as the best NZ captain ever in The Cricketer magazine, which is quite an honour, as NZ has had some decent captains. And Stu had a decent cricketing career himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    Brendon was rated as the best NZ captain ever in The Cricketer magazine, which is quite an honour, as NZ has had some decent captains. And Stu had a decent cricketing career himself.
    True. And Brendon has one T20 game to go - Friday night is his last one (any form of officially organised cricket) - for the Heat.

Secretary of, and regularly arbiter at, Rooty Hill RSL Chess Club. See www.rootyhillchessclub.org.

Psephological insight. "Controversial will only lose you votes. Courageous will lose you the election." Sir Humphrey Appleby on Yes Minister.

Favorite movie line: Girl friend Cathy to Jack Ryan in "Sum of all Fears". "What kind of emergency does an historian have?".

McCullum's been denied a farewell innings!

Melbourne Stars
    156/8

Brisbane Heat
    158/0 (10/20 ov, target 157)

McCullum's been denied a farewell innings!

Melbourne Stars
    156/8

Brisbane Heat
    158/0 (10/20 ov, target 157)

Woah what a reply, wish I'd been there for that one!
    That's made a massive boost their NRR for the season. They could play finals, if the Stars don't win their last game.
    meep meep

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by road runner View Post
    Woah what a reply, wish I'd been there for that one! That's made a massive boost their NRR for the season. They could play finals, if the Stars don't win their last game.
    I'd like to see them make it, but they don't really deserve to be in the finals - they've been much too inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Byrom View Post
    I'd like to see them make it, but they don't really deserve to be in the finals - they've been much too inconsistent.
    The Stars had a massive win, so that's the end for the Heat.

82 (43) for Maxwell, in response the Sixers bowled out for just 74!
    meep meep

I like this from cricinfo re Daniel Worrall - who was largely responsible for knocking Hobart out of the BBL tonight -

Worrall's unusual angled run-up is reminiscent of that of Malcolm Marshall, although he cannot quite boast the same sheer pace and ferocity. Worrall says the run-up developed from his childhood days playing cricket in the backyard, where an inconvenient tree meant that a long approach to the crease prevented a straight-on run-up.

I like this from cricinfo re Daniel Worrall - who was largely responsible for knocking Hobart out of the BBL tonight -
    Nice one! Yes, sad to see the Heat did not need Baz to bat (terrific score for no wickets) and then other results went against them and no semi for the Brisbane team. All Melboune final now too.

Wow indeed. I did not expect Sri Lanka to beat South Africa in a test. What a 10th wicket stand!
    Last edited by Adamski; 17-02-2019 at 08:14 AM.

Victims of the minor premier curse - they have failed to reach the final in 6 of last 7 years.
    meep meep

Thread Information