Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    CC Rookie
    I tried to enter the Huon Valley tournament. I was looking at the information on the TCA website. Could you please let me know what the difference is between the individual event passes and the weekend passes?

If I am planning to enter all events, does that mean I enter through the weekend pass?

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by Himash K View Post
    I tried to enter the Huon Valley tournament. I was looking at the information on the TCA website. Could you please let me know what the difference is between the individual event passes and the weekend passes?

If I am planning to enter all events, does that mean I enter through the weekend pass?
    Hi Himash,
    Thank you for the question, it is right. So you will save 15% by the weekend pass.
    Thanks

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by ThanhNguyen View Post
    We also have a special prize for the best Tasmanian player. ). So if someone from other states want to claim this prize they still have chances by moving down to join the Tassie chess community before the event.lol

Hope we can open for registering by the next week. The team is working hard to make it done soon. Thank you very much.^^
    Thank you the team. Now you can register by finding the link below:

https://www.tasmanianchessassociatio...chess-festival

Cheers,

CC Grandmaster
    I registered for the event a few days ago - however the link to pay the entry fee didn't work and there doesn't seem to be a link for payment on the TCA page. Is this still in the pipeline or can I just pay by direct transfer to the TCA account?

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Rout View Post
    I registered for the event a few days ago - however the link to pay the entry fee didn't work and there doesn't seem to be a link for payment on the TCA page. Is this still in the pipeline or can I just pay by direct transfer to the TCA account?
    Hi Ian, we are still working on the payments. Hopefully it will be available soon, if you could hold off for now.

CC Grandmaster
    Quote Originally Posted by Blunderbuss View Post
    Hi Ian, we are still working on the payments. Hopefully it will be available soon, if you could hold off for now.
    OK, thanks. Just wanted to check as it was trying to link to a payment page so I wasn't sure if I was missing something.

Tan hosted a tournament at his Café in Ranelagh this evening, to promote the main event across the road in November. Five rounds with a time control of 10mins with a 5 second move increment. The results: -

Code:
    Final Cross Table
    No Name              Feder Score   1    2    3   4   5 	 M-Buch. Buch. Progr.

1  Nguyen, Tan Thanh TAS    4.5    3:W  4:W  2:D 7:W 5:W	8.0  14.5   13.5
    2  Morris, Gary      TAS    4.5    8:W  5:W  1:D 4:W 3:W	8.0  14.0   13.5
    3  Shepherd, Chris   TAS    3      1:L  6:W  5:W 9:W 2:L	8.5  14.5    9.0
    4  Swan, Owen        TAS    3     10:W  1:L  6:W 2:L 7:W	8.0  13.5    9.0	
    5  Little, Ian       TAS    2      7:W  2:L  3:L 6:W 1:L	9.5  15.5    7.0
    6  Ryan, Lance       TAS    2      9:W  3:L  4:L 5:L 0:W	7.5  12.5    6.0
    7  Shaw, Hayden      TAS    2      5:L  8:W  9:W 1:L 4:L	7.0  13.0    7.0
    8  Perrin, Rick      TAS    2      2:L  7:L 10:W 0:W 9:L	6.5  12.0    5.0
    9  Nagy, Alex        TAS    2      6:L 10:W  7:L 3:L 8:W	5.0   9.0    5.0
    10 Nguyen, Le        TAS    0      4:L  9:L  8:L 0:  0: 	2.0   6.5    0.0
    by Swiss Perfect (TM)

Quote Originally Posted by Blunderbuss View Post
    Payments for the event is now available via the TCA website. If you have already registered then you should have received an email inviting you to pay your entry fee before the event registration deadline(s).

CC Candidate Master
    Is there an entry list to date for this event? Still considering coming but need to book flights soon if so. Just waiting to see who's going.

CC Candidate Master
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRodgers View Post
    Is there an entry list to date for this event? Still considering coming but need to book flights soon if so. Just waiting to see who's going.
    Hi Jack,
    Thank you for your consideration.
    Currently still only some players in Tasmania. And we have one guest GM. Hope more players to join us.

Cheers,

CC Candidate Master
    The first foreigner player to register into the event.
    Welcome Minh Nguyen from Vietnam. Thank you for confirming to join us.
    Hope we can have some more ^^

CC Candidate Master
    The first foreigner player to register into the event.
    Welcome Minh Nguyen from Vietnam. Thank you for confirming to join us.
    Hope we can have some more ^^
    Any suggestions please about promoting the event to NZ chess community so we can have some players from our sister country. )
    Last edited by ThanhNguyen; 17-10-2022 at 05:17 PM. Reason: Spelling

CC Candidate Master
    2 nights stay free (Friday and Saturday nights). One shared double room and one single own room in Airbnb house nearby the playing venue. We have 2 slots available for titles players only. Please let us know if it helps. First come, first served please.
    Last edited by ThanhNguyen; 19-10-2022 at 06:17 PM.

CC Candidate Master
    2 nights stay free (Friday and Saturday nights). One shared double room and one single own room in Airbnb house nearby the playing venue. We have 2 slots available for titles players only. Please let us know if it helps. First come, first served please.
    Only one slot is available now. Thanks

CC Candidate Master phyrexianrook's Avatar

Updated Social Media & Registration Links + Event Flier

Hey All

Tan has been working very hard to get loads of corporate sponsorship for the event in November. To help fulfil our advertising obligations and not clog up the TCA's or HCC's Facebook and web pages, we've created a dedicated Huon Chess Festival Facebook page, and an event for this year.

The page will be used for future events as well, and the event will be specific to this year, and then a new event will be created as future events are hosted. If you use Facebook, please head over and like and share the page and event to show your support and keep up-to-date with the event. This will also help to prove to all our sponsors that their dollars are being put to good use and giving them the exposure we've promised.

Social Media links are:
    Facebook Festival Page
    Facebook Festival Event 2022

As we're still getting the Huon Valley Chess Festival website up and running, we'll be using the TCA's website to host registrations and online payments this year. We hope that by 2023 the Festival will have it's own website to accommodate sponsorship placement, registrations, and payments.

TCA Website links are:
    TCA Registration Page
    TCA Payment Page

PLEASE NOTE
    Please take note that there are no on-the-day payment options for these events. Payments will not be taken in cash, or using a credit card at the venue, your only options are Credit Card via the TCA's secure website facility, or PayPal via the TCA website. This decision has been taken to simplify proceedings, accounting, and the usual delays caused by late arrivals, payment processing, and confusion on the day itself. Thank you for your understanding and help in this area.

For those wishing to attend the entire weekend there are package deals available and you can get 15% off the total price when purchasing an all weekend pass. Family passes are available as well for 2 adults and 2 juniors at a 20% discount.

Please complete your registration first, for all events, and then pay for your package or individual events as required.

Anyone wanting to change their registered events should contact me directly at: phyrexianrook@gmail.com

There is also an event poster that has been produced, it is available for download and we would appreciate any circulation around the chess community. Either in digital form, or printed and posted at your local club. You can download the event poster at: Download Event Poster (.pdf)

This event is shaping up to be absolutely huge, and we're all itching for as many people to be a part of it.

See you all over the board!

Thread Information